Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 213 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 241 reviews
on February 16, 2014
Having fallen in love with the first two volumes, I was thrilled when I heard that Vol. III was available. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed; it exceeded my high expectations. To me, it is almost like a continuation of the other two volumes, only this one is all about Jesus.

The extremely talented songwriter/composer, Jay Stocker, has taken verses from the Bible and transformed them into lovely songs with some of the most breathtakingly beautiful orchestral accompaniment I have ever heard. Then they somehow found the perfect singers (male and female) with the softest, most gentle and peacefully soothing voices to sing the songs. Several songs are so touching and powerful, they brought me to tears when I first listened to them. The reason they are so powerful is that each song focuses on 1-3 Bible verses that are already very comforting and well known-the ones we say aloud or to ourselves when we need encouragement or strength in difficult situations. But when they are presented in this way, the effect is an unbelievably powerful experience.

Personally, the past couple years have been very difficult for me, having lost my husband to cancer in 2012, then being diagnosed with cancer myself a month later, and enduring all that goes along with that. I cannot describe the comfort I have gotten from listening to all three of the CD's. There seems to be an appropriate song for every fear and emotion that I have, whatever time of day or night it is. I have found that I "need" to listen to this music, and so it is on the hard drive of my car stereo, in my CD player at home, and on my I-pod. I have to have this music with me wherever I go! And I never tire of it.

For me specifically, Vol. III addresses worry in "Take No Thought For Tomorrow", uncertainty and trust in "Faith", fears and panic in "Peace Be Still", distress and anxiety in "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled", and the most powerful, in my opinion, is about the power of the name of Jesus in "By His Name".

These are labelled "lullabies", but I don't consider them to be lullabies, although they would be very appropriate for babies, since they are so soft and soothing-both the voices and the accompaniment. I would recommend them for any age group to listen to at any time of the day or night. It might also be a good way for people to learn the Bible verses, if they don't already know them.

I have begun a ministry of distributing "Comfort-Therapy" bags to patients starting chemotherapy. This series of three CD's has had such an impact on my life that I now include one of these CD's in every bag that I give out, so that other people can experience the same comfort and peace that I have from these songs. There is just nothing else available that compares.

Hoping there is a Volume IV in the near future!
33 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2014
This is a wonderful CD that I love giving as gifts for baby showers. You can hear the music samples here or on the Scripture Lullabies website. This music is very relaxing and a wonderful way to fill your mind with Scripture. On this particular edition of Hidden in My Heart they have verses based on the life of Jesus. The last song is called Turn your eyes upon Jesus, a beautiful way to end this great collection of songs. This may be my favorite of the Hidden in my Heart collection, but it is hard to decide since they all have great songs on the other 2 editions. You, your children, and any other person would benefit from listening to the verses sung on the life of Jesus. Lastly, I also love how by purchasing these CDs you are also helping them to donate 1 CD to a pregnancy crisis center for every 10 CDs purchased.
on July 9, 2017
These scripture lullabies are amazing. I was recently looking for some soothing music for my sister, who has insomnia. I purchased several instrumental albums - guitar, piano, cello combinations - which were all lovely. But when I saw the lullabies, I jumped right on them. What a perfect idea, it seemed, to combine the Word of God with soft, gentle music. The Hidden in My Heart albums, all three volumes, are beautifully done with uplifting scriptures, perfectly serene music and voices to match, and melodies that are both easy to follow and remember but intricate enough as to be interesting. Immediately after receiving them, I experienced a week of anxiety due to a sudden illness. But as I played the lullabies over and over again, a sense of peace and serenity settled in on me, and helped me keep my focus on Jesus and His promises. What a wonderful gift! I have now purchased three sets of these lullabies - one for me, one for my sister with the insomnia, and one for one of my nephew's three young boys. I have a feeling all my nieces and nephews will be receiving a set for Christmas! These albums are atmosphere changers - for both children and adults. It's like listening to God whispering in your ear as you close your eyes to rest, and a great way for you or your little ones to learn some scripture. I highly recommend these albums to anyone needing peace and the Word of God in their lives. Final note - I was so pleased with these, I purchased another album from another artist who advertised their songs as being lullabies also, and listened to samples of yet still others. None of them, including the other one I purchased, were anywhere near the caliber of the Hidden in My Heart series. The music was not soothing, nor would I call any of the songs on the album "lullabies." If you're looking for something your whole family can enjoy, these scripture lullabies are the way to go.
on February 26, 2014
I am all about feeding myself the truth of the Word at times when I fail to make time to read.

I grew up listening to rock, metal and punk, and there was a time I could not find comfort in mainstream contemporary Christian music because, until these last 8-10 years, it was never "rock" or "modern" enough (though with digging I found some "killer" Christian music in the 90's).

Then Christ changed my heart in my mid-20's, and I started enjoying ANYTHING that praised or worshiped Jesus our Savior. All the while friends my age (and some older) made fun of me. Even my Christian wife would make me changed the channel, as most "Christians" were truly conformed to secular lifestyles and trends. (She divorced me for non-biblical reason so perhaps that goes to prove how few "confessing Christians" truly love our Lord. But that's not what this review is about - even though the comment will supplement part of what I say about this CD in a bit).

Eventually I became in need for the meatier stuff and tuned out of music altogether to listen to sermons whenever I was not reading the Bible because I wanted the spiritual food. Even as there became more "Christian" rock on the radio, these songs were no longer doing it... not nourishing me in long-standing ways... and, though many of the Christian artists have expressed profound truths, I still felt starved outside of perhaps occasional 3 and 1/2 minute God moments with these artists.

I grew up in a Psalm singing church and, at this point in my life, I began wanting access to the Psalms/Scriptures at all times, for I had no energy to "search the scriptures diligently" with every new Christian tune that came out. I found myself singing some songs that weren't perhaps as theologically sound as they were catchy or popular. I must stress how important it is to discern what preachers and prophets say. Jesus stressed this and so did his apostles, especially Peter and Jude. Modern churches call it brow-beating or spiritual paranoia, but we are called to truly utilize Scriptures to discern truth from lie, especially in the "last days".

Then I started finding some music that sang scriptures just like my parents' church did when I was younger. Sons of Korah, for example, creates amazing arrangements of the Psalms, but now I need something my two little girls would love as well.

I found these CD's at my current fellowship church, and I picked up Hidden in My Heart, Volumes I and II. This was about 4 months ago and I have hardly removed them from my car's CD player unless I was putting in the other These were mostly Psalms, but not exclusively. What wasn't Psalm was based on another section of Scripture (The four gospels, Lamentations, Romans, and even Numbers, to name a few) I recently bought this Volume III and have not been the slightest bit disappointed. They sing the scriptures in arrangements I have not previously heard, and I get the truths of Scripture that I can now sing out loud like it's more personal to me.

My girls love "beautiful lady music" that sing about God (Celtic Psalms/Hymns), and there are other songs on certain compilation CDs where I constantly have to skip all the men singing to go to the "beautiful lady music". But the Hidden In My Heart Volumes 1-3 CD's are different... the lullaby style satisfies my 4 year old's desire for music whether it is man or woman, and I am thrilled that my 18 month old is attempting to sing to these songs as well. They are memorizing Scripture at a young age, and I feel completely blessed by this.

Last thing I'll mention is... when I drop the girls off... the CD stays on. I'm a 32 year old male who looks a little more rugged than most, unashamedly listening to this lullaby music because it is truly beautiful as the Word of God & the Truth of Jesus, and the music and singing is beautiful. Going through a divorce, I feel like I'm a child in need of his Father God more than ever, and hearing the truths of God's love, as according to the Scriptures and in the style of lullaby, I am constantly reminded I am His child and He loves me. This is very mature lullaby music, by the way. It's not as awkward as you would think for an adult to take pride in it as part of his collection of music.
on June 30, 2017
My daughters, now 10 and 6, have listened to one of these 3 volumes of Scripture lullabies almost every night for the past several years. We have recently gone through big changes as a family, and it was easy for us to recall, "Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything...," from the first volume we listened to long ago. Many times we have had the right Bible verse for the right moment come to mind, because of these CDs. The arrangements are simple and not too stylized, so the songs don't get old quickly, and the vocals don't distract from the message. The words are straight from the Bible. I have given this as a gift to adults who had recently lost someone, and to mom's with little children. It's great for anyone who seeks the comfort and promises of Jesus.
on April 26, 2016
This product was great for my baby very soothing! Honestly I felt like it ministered to me while I would rock him at night. I had postpartum in the beginning and I really feel like the songs brought such comfort with their words and beautiful melodies. These CDs are a must for anyone with babies. Also my little nephew had nightmares so I bought them this cd and they started playing it at night for him to comfort him and he no longer has them. Helped with his anxiety before bed. Love these CDs! All three are amazing!!!
on February 15, 2017
I listened to this for the first time today. It is my first one from the series & I loved it so much that I just bought the other two. It seemed to be just what I needed when I needed it. A coincidence? I don't think so. Every song is so lovely...I was on the verge of tears throughout the whole cd. This music is such a blessing & a reminder of who we are in Christ & of all that He does for us.
on July 2, 2016
Found a selection of songs from Hidden in My Heart on YouTube barely a month back. I was searching for a wonderful lullaby CD to share with my future baby and found something that rather ended up comforting myself. I was feeling anxious of becoming a new mom and pressure from just how much trust God has placed on me with this newly forming life. I was also feeling a lot of morning sickness. Honestly, their songs wound up reminding me of just who God was and that I wasn't alone. I ended up falling asleep and I have never been able to do that to any music before. I listen to that playlist every time I get morning sickness and somehow it always ends up going away or ends with me falling peacefully asleep. Thank you for the beautiful arrangements in these CD's and the soothing voices. I hope my child will be just as comforted by listening to these songs about Jesus.
Arrived on time and in great condition!
on June 5, 2017
We play this throughout the night as well as naps for our 2 year old. I love it. It's quite soothing and I love that he gets the word in him even while he sleeps.
on November 8, 2015
I will be buying more of these! This CD is soft relaxing music with singing. Each song has a different verse that it sings about. Then, these scriptures can be hidden in my children's hearts forever. I bought it for my daughter to listen to at bedtime, but she keeps it playing all day long while she plays too. She keeps it loud enough that I can hear it through most of the house, but it doesn't bother me. It isn't NOISE… It provides a soothing background without disrupting conversations.