- File Size: 9862 KB
- Print Length: 324 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Crossed Genres Publications (November 17, 2016)
- Publication Date: November 17, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N0ETYPG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #920,555 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$19.99|
Save $10.00 (50%)
Hidden Youth: Speculative Fiction from the Margins of History Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I wasn't as fond of this collection as the previous one. Most of the stories were solid, but didn't grip me, which made the book a slower read than I had anticipated. Most of the pieces had great characters, but a lot also had shaky pacing, which is hard to ignore in a short story. The target audience also felt a bit fuzzy, with some seeming more YA and others aimed at adult readers. Reading the author bios, there are a number of first-time or minimally-published authors, which I think is really great. I hope to encounter more of some of their works in the future.
My favorite stories were:
"The Promised Land" by J.S. Hawthorne, which plays with traditional myths and magic which giving a memorable pair of characters.
"How I Saved Athens from the Stone Monsters" by Erik Jensen had me laughing, but is also a fast-paced adventure tale.
"Genius Jones and the Rolling Rifle" by Michael Ezell did a great job of twisting history just enough to subtly steampunk this 'verse, while letting the reader's knowledge of the time period help fill in the details.
"North" by Imani Josey is a slightly unsettling tale with a slowly revealed backstory.
"In His Own Image" by E.C. Myers was one of the stories I found the most emotionally involving, and it has a interesting setting.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult