Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 20, 2015
I was excited about this book until about a 1/3 of the way through, then it seemed to lose its way. Now, it's a well written novel and the writer has a good narrative voice, but the actual plot seemed to go round and round in circles at one point, wasting time and drawing the book out. This novel should've been 220 or so pages of heart stopping action. Instead, there were a good hundred or so pages wasted on bull*hit. The main character became quite unlikable at one point and I wondered about the hero's ability to remain interested in such a nasty woman. I was confused about her incredible hangup on a relationship that was years past. At one point I was like 'Get over it and move on like the rest of us, lady! Damn!' In addition, I felt the villain in the book was quite unbelievable. I had to suspend my disbelief on several occasion to move forward. That said, its free! Check it out and form your own opinions, my Amazon friends.
4 helpful votes
on August 15, 2014
Marklynn Brooks and Dalton Beck both have trust issues about close relationships. Both bury their hurt in work. Markie has a successful, growing private investigation firm. Dalton has Beck Security Systems. What really kicks off the fireworks is when Markie's sister, Sydney, is kidnapped. Beck's firm is implicated in the mess. But, maybe not. A vicious madwoman is targeting both companies and won't stop until she takes them down. Markie and Beck both feel a strong attraction to each other. Strong enough to get them through the drama descending on them?

I enjoyed the story, BUT! I kept getting jarred out of it by vocabulary, grammar, and typing errors to the point where I almost put it down without finishing it. I can easily overlook an occasional typo or missing word, but in this story I found this happening on almost every page after Chapter Six. Missing quotation marks, periods, commas, apostrophes, and what I consider illogical paragraphing kept pulling me up short. Then there were the homonym problems -- 'here' instead of 'hear,' for example, and the verb tense problems. Really?

If this sort of thing doesn't bother you, fine. The story was my kind of read, but the errors ruined this one for me.
2 helpful votes
on October 4, 2012
I have mixed feeling about this book. While I enjoyed the romance between Marklyn Brooks and Dalton Beck, the suspense was missing for me. Early in the book, I knew who was committing the sabotage and then it was just a way of finding that person. I like suspense that keeps you guessing and wondering who the culprit is. In that sense I was disappointed but otherwise was a good read.
23 helpful votes
24 helpful votes
on December 21, 2014
I quit at 28%. By then, the whole book seemed silly.

"Romance": If you like romance of the form of gorgeous woman (Markie) meets hunky man (Beck), they both have a massive biochemical attraction, and the reader has to suffer through it, you might like this book. Every meeting between the two is saturated with how attractive each is to the other, while neither one admits it to himself/herself.

Computer "science": It is inconceivable to me that Markie, who owns her own private investigation company, didn't know what "malware" was. Meanwhile, Beck, the head of a security company he built from the ground up (aided by his whole IT department) is completely unable to find how a saboteur is attacking his company's alarm systems-- because he is not a hacker-- it takes one to catch one! Good grief. Neither one of these people should be in charge of either company.

Try it if you want-- at least it's free. In my book, free is overpriced for this one.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on June 8, 2017
This was my first time reading a book by this author. I must admit the was really good didn't want to put it down it kept my interest from beginning to end. Would definitely read any other book that this author has written. Most definitely would recommend this book to my friends.
on April 17, 2017
Only OK. Could have and should have been much better. At times Marklyn becomes downright unlikeable. Not sure why Dalton hung around. Marklyn had too many hang-ups for him to deal with. He needs to fine a woman less complicated and hung-up on the past.
on October 27, 2014
I don't like how quickly it went from 'I don't like you' to 'I love you'. The heroine who changes that quickly or is fighting it 'protecting herself from being hurt' is getting real old. It's an okay read if you need something to read.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on May 22, 2015
This was the first time I read a book by this author. And I have to say I really really enjoyed
it. Just the right amount of mystery and fun. This was very well written and extremely hard
to put down. The story is so good, you just have to keep going.
I can't wait to download book#2 and read it..
I would recommend this book to everyone-- well done!!!!!!!!
on November 30, 2014
First Im a fan of a good Romantic Mystery. Second, So far I have made it to page 50 and I just can't get over the whole "I'm having sex dreams about him but why? I just dont understand." I have rolled my eyes almost every other paragraph so far. The plot might be well worth the read but this one so far has been hard to sit down and read. Maybe I will try again some day.
4 helpful votes
on July 25, 2012
A pleasant surprise and very enjoyable read. I began the book while cooking dinner and became so involved in the characters I almost forgot I was cooking. I literally could not put this book down and stayed up reading unitl I finished. Loved the ending. The guilty do get what they deserve in the end. I look forward to more by this author.
10 helpful votes