- Publisher: British Museum Press; First Edition edition (1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0714109959
- ISBN-13: 978-0714109954
- Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 8.8 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,479,465 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Hieroglyphs and the Afterlife in Ancient Egypt. Hardcover – 1996
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
If you're interested in the funerary texts, get this book first. If you want more depth after that, get Erik Hornung's Ancient Egyptian Books of the Afterlife, at least if you're interested in the New Kingdom underworld books, or Journey Through the Afterlife, if you're interested in the Book of the Dead. Only then should you be looking for translations of the individual texts, which are tough to understand even when you know the context.