|Case Diameter||33 Millimeters|
|Band Material Type||Leather|
|Band Width||0.75 Inches|
About this item
- The Higgs boson may have no spin, electric charge, or color change, but the Higgs boson watch has a nice leather band and a spinning second hand that spirals around.
- Features a 33mm diameter face, genuine leather band, and Japanese quartz movement.
- Battery included, and comes boxed in a beautiful tin display case.
- Protected by a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- Click on "The Unemployed Philosophers Guild" near the product title to see more smart and clever gifts. UPG truly has presents of mind.
Customers also considered these styles
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Higgs Boson Watch
The Higgs boson is mostly just theoretical, even after the successful experiments at the Large Hadron Collider. But this watch is 100% real! The Higgs boson may have no spin, electric charge, or color change, but the Higgs boson watch has a nice imitation leather band and a spinning second hand that spirals around. The image shows what is believed to be evidence of the Higgs decaying into other bosons during a collision.
Okay, let's be honest. None of us really understands this. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy this watch and look much smarter than your friends when you're wearing it. They'll just assume you must understand the finer points of particle physics much better than they do.
33mm diameter. Leather band.
Japanese quark - oops - quartz movement. Not waterproof.
- Department : Mens
- Manufacturer : The Unemployed Philosophers Guild
- Product Dimensions : 3.54 x 3.15 x 3.15 inches
- ASIN : B00BB0AL20
- Item model number : 2969
- Manufacturer recommended age : 12 years and up
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Date First Available : February 4, 2013
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,204,300 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry)
- Customer Reviews:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||The Unemployed Philosophers Guild|
|Case diameter||33 millimeters|
|Band width||0.75 inches|
|Special features||Japanes quartz movement, water resistant, handsome gift box, genuine leather band, 1 year warranty|
|Item weight||3.17 Ounces|
|Warranty||If this product is sold by Amazon, please review the manufacturer’s website for warranty information. If this product is sold by another party, please contact the seller directly for warranty information for this product. You may also be able to find warranty information on the manufacturer’s website.|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I work in a fairly physical job (a busy library where I do lots of heavy lifting), and so far I've had no problems with it holding together or keeping time. The hands (particularly the minute and second hands) are brightly colored and stand out pretty well even in dim light. The background (including the hour marks) are easy to see in bright light, but not so much in dim light. In dim light, all you can really see are the hands, which I think has a neat effect, personally.
The presentation is nice and of good quality. I was looking for something quirky and unusual, yet elegant enough to wear to work. This fit the bill perfectly. I'm very pleased with it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a really nice, unusual wrist watch :)
Top international reviews
Came in a very nice tin too.