Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 220 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 226 reviews
on September 16, 2016
I've had these batteries for almost two months now, so I feel I have enough to write an accurate review:

1) The batteries being advertised are model # NB-2L / NB-2LH, but the label on the batteries themselves say VIV-CB-2LH. I don't know if the advertised NB-2L / NB-2LH batteries have any difference in quality over the VIV-CB-2LH batteries, but it sure would be nice to get the SAME model that is being advertised so I could review the product I thought I was purchasing...

2) By the way, the "VIV" in the batteries I received stand for Vivitar, which is displayed prominently on both batteries and the charger that I received. Note that the photos and product details posted on the seller's Amazon listing say nothing about them being Vivitar products. I've attached photos of the batteries I received. (They look identical to the ad's photos except for the Vivitar name.)

3) I don't use my camera super often, but when I do, I'm finding that when I turn the camera on, the batteries have drained way too quickly! At first I thought it may be user error - leaving camera accidentally ON when finished, but I am NOT. My original batteries that came with the Canon, once charged fully, would last for up to 6 MONTHS of light use AND sitting in storage. These new batteries, fully charged to the green light, last approximately 2 weeks with the same amount of use. I just popped the 2nd battery into my camera - which I had charged fully to green 2 weeks ago and kept in my camera bag for backup - and it registered only HALF FULL.

4) The wall rapid charger is nice, and does charge the battery fully (to the green light) in about 30-45 minutes. This is so much faster than my old non-rapid charger that died on me after years of use, and for which I replaced it with this set. However, I do feel that rapid charging is no great bonus if my batteries can't keep a charge for long.

I am surprised at the high reviews for this product. Based on my experience thus far, I'd rather give them a 2.5 star rating if it were available. All this being said, the batteries were NOT expensive, and I got 2 for the price of 1 high-quality battery PLUS the rapid charger (and other accessories that still sit in my camera case, unused).

If I were a professional photographer or a heavy-use camera user, I would look elsewhere for better quality batteries. But figuring the small amount of money I spent on them, it suits my light-use purpose for now. However, once these die (I feel they soon will quit holding their charge), I will be shopping for a better quality battery so I don't have to charge them so often.
review image review image
on December 16, 2013
I have been into photography since 1975 while stationed overseas in Spain. I have bought a lot of gear here in the USA and througout my 14 years stationed in Europe. I had lent my camera to my son who forgot my charger in Jamaica while on travel. I needed my Canon Camera for a shoot and I ordered the 2 Pack Canon NB-2L HIgh Capacity Replacement Batteries. I got them within a couple of days and charged them that night and shot the Office Holiday party the next day. I shot over 300 pictures indoors, with flash and they all came out. I did not have to use my additional battery. I was very happy to have ordered your product. To boot, I love the little tripod! Thanks for being there for me
on August 25, 2016
Item appears to have shorted out my Canon Zr700. I bought these since I haven't used the camera in years and have long lost the original charger. I got the batteries in from Amazon and used the camera one time to film an event for a total of about 15 minutes. The next day upon trying to review the footage, the camera won't even power on. I've tried charging the batteries again until full but no dice. Something is weird here and I can no longer use this camera I've taken good care of for over 10 years.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 5, 2016
My husband found a Canon Rebel XT at a thrift shop and picked it up. It didn't have a battery so we ordered this set for it. It works great! The little tripod is great for me to take photos for my blog. I like having a backup battery for when I do photoshoots and cover conventions and the entire set fits great in my camera bag.
on June 26, 2013
I thought it was a little questionable to see all these accessories at this price, but now I'm sold. The two standard capacity batteries alone are less than half the price Best Buy wants in my area. With the charger, etc. that made them far less. The batteries and charger have been in use for a couple of months. The Amp-hours are what I expect, they were well-packaged, and received very quickly. Can't ask for better than that!
The description said they would work in my camera and I went by that rather than checking my actual batteries to verify. They arrived and were not the correct ones- my fault. Amazon made return quick and painless.
on March 24, 2017
Bought this for my son. He loved the extras.
on April 7, 2017
Works great!
on September 20, 2016
This is a great deal one charger with out batteries is 25 at walmart
on October 7, 2014
Great price and works perfectly.