Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: High Performance Goal Setting : Using Intuition to Conceive and Achieve Your Dreams
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

100%

on July 23, 2000
A review from NAPRA Review, May/June 2000 (Copyright: 2000, NAPRA Review)
This is a very forgiving book for those of use who "color outside the lines"! The description of high-performance people (perhaps more familiar as "over-achievers") identifies the difference between the wannabe and the can-do with a precision that's impressive. Covering many facets of goal-setting, Potter helps the reader understand how intuition works, the two kinds of motivation, what we do when we "get there," and plenty of foibles and traps we set to talk ourselves out of getting what we want. This is definitely a boo for "the rest of us," deftly explaining how much negativity exists in our cultural system: studying not to fail, working hard to not lose your job, etc. Once again we gain understanding of how much energy we spend avoiding rather than moving towards our goals, we are able to turn our lives around for the better. No doubt about it, achieving goals takes organization, discipline, and a lot of chutzpah, and this book is the fundamental aid to harnessing those valuable traits. -TJE
on August 16, 2006
I have bought - & perused - this book about five or six years ago. I have found it on my bookshelf recently while sorting out my personal library.

Despite its new agey connotations, I find this book to be interesting as well as practical for its intent & purpose. The author tells how to engage your intuition or inner knowing to guide you in conceiving & achieving your dreams.

'Conceiving' takes artful imagination & intuitive processing on your part, while 'achieving' requires systematic planning & disciplined execution on your part. Without both working synergistically, you will often find that goal setting becomes an inner battle against imposing demands all the time.

This book has less than 100 pages, with twelve short chapters. Within each chapter, the paragraphs under each sub-heading are generally crisp & succinct. Hence, reading the book is a breeze!

I would have expected the author to include some form of goal setting sheets in the book. These would help the reader to integrate his/her intuitive wisdom with a pragmatic approach to goal setting. This would have made the book particularly more palatable to those readers who are more logically oriented.

I would like to add that the author is a mainstream psychologist/counsellor with obviously a new age slant. However, she has written many good books & I own many of them, including 'The Way of the Ronin', 'Maverick as Master in the Workplace' (my first book/audio from the author), 'Overcoming Job Burnout', 'Preventing Job Burnout', 'Beating Job Burnout', 'Finding a Path with A Heart', 'From Conflict to Cooperation', 'Turning Around' & 'Brain Boosters'.

On the whole, this book is definitely worth exploring. My final advice to readers: Read it with an open mind! It would have gotten a rating of 5 from me if the goal setting forms have been included in the book in the first place.