Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 16, 2013
Exactly as Advertised! These pads are of better quality then the Sony installed pads. Easy to install and work as needed. Seller sends enough to replace all thermal pads in the PS3 with some leftover (trust me, the pad looks small when you open it up, but you will definitely have some left over).

Pros
-High Quality, thick construction
-Easy to cut and use with a pocket knife or X-acto blade
-Blue (Personal Preference there)

Cons
-You have to cut them yourself? I'm lazy.
14 people found this helpful
on September 1, 2015
Received grey pads not blue like shown. Not sure if they are upgrade over grey PS3 pads. sent enough if you watch video and mark and cut as shown. Use very sharp sewing scissors or razor. Fan stays on low speed all opf the time but unit still cuts off with flashing red light. using PS3 games. Works fine on PS2 and DVD's. Seems like the video chip for the PS3 side of the 20GB unit still gets too hot or overworked.
At least I can use my PS2 games still. GOt a slim 320 GB form 2010 and it has worked flawlessly since 2010.

Will be looking for thicker pads to maybe make better contact with motherboard cage.
on June 30, 2014
Got this for laptop instead of PS3 due to the size and thickness. My laptop's graphics card did not have any thermal pads between the memory and heatsink causing the fan to run constantly to cool the memory that wasn't even touching the heatsink to begin with. Used this material to dissipate heat from them. Did 6 memory chips - 1 mosfet - 1 southbridge. I still have almost half left. Works beyond expectations. Cut it to size - peel the front and back off - squish between heatsink and component. Thermal transfer improved so much graphics card fan rarely kicks in now even when gaming. When it does its on low shortly and never on high any more. With how terrible it used to be I cannot see this underperforming in any proper application. If you are on the fence for whatever application (PS3/Laptop) go for it you won't likely be disappointed.
on April 16, 2013
The product was as advertised. Great quality and I love how this product is made up of multiple cooling layers rather than the stock single layer pads.

I used this item as part of my YLOD resurrection process on my 6 year old 80gig PS3.

My only complaint is that there is just enough material to cover all of the necessary chips. Now some don't view this as a negative because it did the job I needed it to. However, if I made any mistakes in measuring or cutting I would have been short.

Product is A+ + + + +

Buy it to resurrect your YLOD PS3 or to prevent a YLOD.
One person found this helpful
on January 29, 2014
I received something slightly less than 8 cm x 4 cm. After measuring everything out, I was left a single piece that could fit one of the smaller areas that needed the pad. Luckily, I was able to fully apply the pads and not screw up; as there was not enough to replace any mistakes. Overall it was not the 10 cm x 5 cm listed.

After ordering this, I also managed to find some thermal pads on another site ([...]) that listed thermal pads at better deals for the 1.5 mm thermal pads. I really do not think there is a difference in getting a thermal pad specific for the ps3 or a pc, but correct me if I am wrong. They may not come as the this size, but you can find pads with higher than 5 W/mK and still end up with a cheaper deal after buying 2 and getting more square area. The biggest thing you need to account for is the (2) ~ 30 mm x ~ 30 mm processors come into contact with the metal shroud.
2 people found this helpful
on April 9, 2013
Bought a pad to use for a PS3 update. Had an older unit that I was concerned about overheating so took it apart to put on new paste and pads. These came recommended. I can't be certain of their performance but they appear to be doing the job so far. I had to make some small cuts and it was a bit difficult with the plastic covering. I wonder if it would have been possible to cover the pads with more like a wax paper kind of sheet or something else that keeps it moist, is non-stick, but also easier to cut with an exacto knife?
on June 30, 2014
I bought these to repair my friends PS3 that had the YLOD and they are miles better than what comes with the PS3 and they have protective coating on both sides so make sure that you peel it off. They seem to be much thicker and seem to keep the fan on the PS3 from going full speed ahead. Also, as others have said their is plenty here for at least 2 PS3 repairs so don't think that 18 bucks is too much, it's definitely worth it!
on October 4, 2013
It was what it proclaimed to be. Didn't make a significant difference in the sound of my FAT PS3, ended up having to do a Fan, and power supply swap to deal with that, but then again that and the processors that get the thermal compound are what really crank out the heat.
I read the reviews about this item being a small amount, but remember you are cutting it down to specified small sizes. Make sure you go to the website enclosed in the wrapper to see how the material is to be cut up for placement on the board. When the directions are followed you end up with extra padding.
on August 7, 2014
Did not do the job I bought it for based on (admittedly 3rd party) guides. My 1st gen PS3 is toast and these couldn't o anything to fix it. It's not their fault, it's Sony's but I'm rating this a 1 star because the product listing gave me false hope that my data could be saved by allowing me to at least power my system up again.
on April 4, 2013
I have a 1st gen PS3 which I've used almost daily for the past 6 years (I don't have cable TV, therefor the PS3 is used for all of my video entertainment needs, as well as occasional gaming).
Last night at around 2 AM, the system shut down unexpectedly and attempts to turn it back on resulted in the dreaded YLoD rearing it's ugly head!
After doing some quick research, I ordered these pads, using same day local delivery for only $3.99 extra (Prime member), they arrived at 3pm and my old timer PS3 was up and running less than 2 hours later, thanks to these pads, a heat gun, a compressed air duster, Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Grams with ArctiClean 60 ML Kit and the Yellow Light of Death Repair guide from ifixit: [...]
I will update this review if I have any further issues, so as to reflect on the longevity of this fix.
|22 comments|Report abuse