BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 16, 2013
Exactly as Advertised! These pads are of better quality then the Sony installed pads. Easy to install and work as needed. Seller sends enough to replace all thermal pads in the PS3 with some leftover (trust me, the pad looks small when you open it up, but you will definitely have some left over).

Pros
-High Quality, thick construction
-Easy to cut and use with a pocket knife or X-acto blade
-Blue (Personal Preference there)

Cons
-You have to cut them yourself? I'm lazy.
on April 16, 2013
The product was as advertised. Great quality and I love how this product is made up of multiple cooling layers rather than the stock single layer pads.

I used this item as part of my YLOD resurrection process on my 6 year old 80gig PS3.

My only complaint is that there is just enough material to cover all of the necessary chips. Now some don't view this as a negative because it did the job I needed it to. However, if I made any mistakes in measuring or cutting I would have been short.

Product is A+ + + + +

Buy it to resurrect your YLOD PS3 or to prevent a YLOD.
on January 29, 2014
I received something slightly less than 8 cm x 4 cm. After measuring everything out, I was left a single piece that could fit one of the smaller areas that needed the pad. Luckily, I was able to fully apply the pads and not screw up; as there was not enough to replace any mistakes. Overall it was not the 10 cm x 5 cm listed.

After ordering this, I also managed to find some thermal pads on another site ([...]) that listed thermal pads at better deals for the 1.5 mm thermal pads. I really do not think there is a difference in getting a thermal pad specific for the ps3 or a pc, but correct me if I am wrong. They may not come as the this size, but you can find pads with higher than 5 W/mK and still end up with a cheaper deal after buying 2 and getting more square area. The biggest thing you need to account for is the (2) ~ 30 mm x ~ 30 mm processors come into contact with the metal shroud.
on June 30, 2014
Got this for laptop instead of PS3 due to the size and thickness. My laptop's graphics card did not have any thermal pads between the memory and heatsink causing the fan to run constantly to cool the memory that wasn't even touching the heatsink to begin with. Used this material to dissipate heat from them. Did 6 memory chips - 1 mosfet - 1 southbridge. I still have almost half left. Works beyond expectations. Cut it to size - peel the front and back off - squish between heatsink and component. Thermal transfer improved so much graphics card fan rarely kicks in now even when gaming. When it does its on low shortly and never on high any more. With how terrible it used to be I cannot see this underperforming in any proper application. If you are on the fence for whatever application (PS3/Laptop) go for it you won't likely be disappointed.
on September 1, 2015
Received grey pads not blue like shown. Not sure if they are upgrade over grey PS3 pads. sent enough if you watch video and mark and cut as shown. Use very sharp sewing scissors or razor. Fan stays on low speed all opf the time but unit still cuts off with flashing red light. using PS3 games. Works fine on PS2 and DVD's. Seems like the video chip for the PS3 side of the 20GB unit still gets too hot or overworked.
At least I can use my PS2 games still. GOt a slim 320 GB form 2010 and it has worked flawlessly since 2010.

Will be looking for thicker pads to maybe make better contact with motherboard cage.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
I have a 1st gen PS3 which I've used almost daily for the past 6 years (I don't have cable TV, therefor the PS3 is used for all of my video entertainment needs, as well as occasional gaming).
Last night at around 2 AM, the system shut down unexpectedly and attempts to turn it back on resulted in the dreaded YLoD rearing it's ugly head!
After doing some quick research, I ordered these pads, using same day local delivery for only $3.99 extra (Prime member), they arrived at 3pm and my old timer PS3 was up and running less than 2 hours later, thanks to these pads, a heat gun, a compressed air duster, Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Grams with ArctiClean 60 ML Kit and the Yellow Light of Death Repair guide from ifixit: [...]
I will update this review if I have any further issues, so as to reflect on the longevity of this fix.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2014
great great great! just buy it if you got YLOD on your ps3 this will help cool thing down for you and working a lot cooler after i put this in my ps3 chips anything working cooler and the fan just working easy not too loud now.
on February 26, 2015
Word of advice. If you have extra and have a food vac sealer place the extra in into a vac pack and vacuum seal it and store it after. When I talked to the tech guy he suggested it to me. I used it for my laptop to replace the thin thermal pads they had works just fine. I had upgraded the CPU to the max size for my laptop and replaced it with these pads
on October 4, 2013
It was what it proclaimed to be. Didn't make a significant difference in the sound of my FAT PS3, ended up having to do a Fan, and power supply swap to deal with that, but then again that and the processors that get the thermal compound are what really crank out the heat.
I read the reviews about this item being a small amount, but remember you are cutting it down to specified small sizes. Make sure you go to the website enclosed in the wrapper to see how the material is to be cut up for placement on the board. When the directions are followed you end up with extra padding.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2013
Based on previous reviews and the product description I expected enough for my ps3 repair. That was however not the case. These are very high quality however just a little pricey for how much you get.