Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 25, 2017
I rented this knowing really nothing about the film -- except it was a really good Black Friday deal. If I had known it was so good I would have rented it a LONG TIME AGO. The songs are top notch, the ensemble performances far better than expected, and it's a really good time. Unlike so many films aimed at teens, this one is fun for all ages. I'm in my 40s and I had a good time.

Fantastic family entertainment that is not preachy. Just FUN.
on July 5, 2016
Even though my sister and I are college students, we can't hide our love for HSM. One night my sister invited her crush over and we didn't know what the plan was going to be. Then, the thought came: if he doesn't like HSM, we know he is a waste of time. We got the movie and had a blast singing along and talking about high school times.

A movie for anyone of any age. Get a fake microphone ready and sing along with them. We are all in this together.
on April 13, 2006
I am so excited that High School Musical is being released on DVD so soon after it aired on Disney Channel on January 20, 2006. Kids of all ages will love this movie; it has everything! I love that there are going to be not one, but TWO versions of the movie on the DVD. There will be the movie we saw on Disney and the Sing Along version as well. I cannot believe all of the special features that are going to be on the DVD as well.

Zac Efron is SUPERB as basketball supter-star Troy Bolton. He is a great actor and has a great voice as well. Vanessa Anne Hudgens, who portrays Gabriella Montez, the "freaky math girl" as she puts it in the movie has a gorgeous voice! Ashley Tisdale (Maddie from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) plays the villain Sharpay Evans so well. In real life, Ashley is anything but evil, but it does not show in the movie. Her voice is great as is her acting. Lucas Grabeel portrays Sharpay's twin brother Ryan Evans, the guy who brings a lot of the comedy to the movie. Corbin Bleu (Chad Danforth) and Monique Colman (Taylor McKessie) also co-star in this movie as the friends of the main characters.

I will admit that I am much older than many of the people who watched the movie; I'm almost 25, but this movie connects to anyone! The message in the movie is to be yourself and make it known! Don't be afraid of what other people think. Just do what YOU want to do. I love that message because it really gives kids and adults even, hope.

If you are a fan of musicals or a fan of Disney Channel, I highly recommend this movie to you!
on May 31, 2006
This was a really great movie. I really enjoyed the way it made me feel watching it. It just made me feel happy, carefree and like a kid again. I actually assumed this was taken from a stageplay. Where else do you see a basketball team (all male) break into a song on the Basketball court. (Think Grease).

This movie makes us all think about the "clique stereotypes" we fall into, and how we need to think outside the "Stereo-box." The songs were wonderful! Reminded me of the music you hear for Sitcoms of the 80's and 90's. The kind of diddy's that stick in your head long after the show is over (I still have one of the songs going through my head, though I can't remember the name of the song.) Yet the storyline has a positive message.

Sure the plot is a bit sloppy at times, and I kind of doubt that the school "Play stars" are the "villians" at many of today's high schools, but that may be what the movie makers were trying to show. Even sportos and band kids can get along. I also liked how "parents" to the most part, were left out of the storyline. Sure the father was the highschool coach, but the silly drama teacher was funny, and likeable.

The main stars, the good looking basketball player, and the New female student "brain" were EXTREMELY likeable, and you wanted to see them succeed.

Great movie, for the entire family!

Two thumbs up! MC White says check it out!
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2008
There was a show that ran on TV a few years back called Freaks and Geeks that was a pretty realistic depiction of a day in the life of your average high school student; High School Musical is the antithesis of that series.

High School Musical is full of unrealistic situations, boy band and Broadway wannabe crooning, freaks/geeks/and jocks living in harmony...the movie's a drama club/band camp fantasy. But it's a nice message about respecting every individual for who they are. Very nice.

And my 4 year old daughter LOVES it! In 3 days I think she's watched it 15 times. It's all that's on our living room TV anymore during the kids' waking hours. Pure torture. As a result, my two sons, both under the age of 10, have asked if they can go live with their grandparents.

My daughter sits there happy as ever, singing along...it's really quite adorable if I watch my daughter and not the movie. As for my boys, I catch them actually watching too sometimes, but they'd clearly rather be somewhere else. So I'll just have to trade off sitting with my daughter for a while and hanging with the boys with whatever they decide to occupy themselves with until my daughter gets tired of the movie. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

What? There's a High School Musical 2, and a third on the way? AAAAHHHHHHH! *Sky repeatedly bangs head against the desk.*
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 22, 2007
My personal opinion is that this reminded me of Grease but many parents might not consider that movie appropriate for a young audience. This is an excellent alternative and the consensus of the kids who saw it was that it was wonderful. They watched it again and again and....well, you get the idea.
I'm a fan of musicals. If you aren't, then you will not find this to your liking. I have a feeling this one will stand the test of time and become a cult favorite as time passes, much the way Grease became iconic for a certain time and year.
on November 7, 2016
My kids love the movie and some of the music is very good. I would not personally watch it if my kids were not around but I don't mind watching it with my children.
on January 20, 2018
on July 24, 2015
My son loves musicals - he has austin and we wanted to move away from Disney cartoons and into more age appropriate content. This is perfect content!
on December 16, 2017
Favorite movie of all time!