- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 12.5 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- ASIN: B017EF4ZMM
- Item model number: 53633-5016
- Average Customer Review: 373 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #18,421 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
High Sierra Opie Backpack
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Mini-Hexagon Ripstop - 300 x 250-denier Duralite/water resistant coating/hexagon ripstop
- 600D Duralite - 600 x 600-denier Duralite features a special water resistant coating to help keep gear dry.
- Waffle Weave - 500 x 500-denier waffle ripstop Duralite fabric features a special water resistant coating to help keep gear dry.
- MP3 Pocket & Headphone Port - MP3 player pocket with headphone port.
- Free Shipping on All High Sierra Orders.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Adventure High Sierra
High Sierra designs feature-rich, versatile adventure lifestyle gear for adventurers everywhere. Since our founding in 1978, we’ve committed ourselves to creating durable, affordable product with distinctive details, delivering the freedom to go anywhere—near or far, on roads or trails, on mountain ridges or snowy slopes, no matter what form your adventure takes. High Sierra. Adventure This Way.
Size: 18.5 x 12.5 x 8.5 in.
Capacity: 1800 cubic inches.
Materials: Mini-Hexagon Ripstop, Waffle Weave, 600-denier Duralite.
- Large front-load main compartment
- Multi-compartment design
- Front zippered accessory pocket
- Core organizer compartment with multiple pockets
- Media pocket with zipper-stop headphone port
- Mesh beverage pocket
- S-shaped padded shoulder straps with media pocket
- Primary padded back panel
- Daisy chain loops for attaching extra gear
- Heavy-duty webbing grab handle
The ultimate go-anywhere bag. With its multi-compartment design, organizer pocket for small necessities, and an MP3 player pocket to keep your tunes going wherever you go, Opie gets you where you need to go.
The High Sierra Opie Backpack is a true go-anywhere bag, with a multi-compartment design, organizer pocket for small necessities, and an MP3 player pocket to bring your favorite tunes along.
- Large front load main compartment
- Multi-compartment design
- Front zippered accessory pocket for quick-access items like ID and change
- Core organizer with mesh pocket and pen pockets
- MP3 player pocket with customized, zipper-stop headphone port
- Side mesh pocket holds a beverage or extra gear
- S-shaped padded shoulder straps with handy cell phone pocket
- Comfortable padded back panel
- Contoured daisy chain loops for attaching extra gear
- Comfortable, heavy-duty webbing grab handle
- Measures 12.5-by-18.5-by-eight inches (W x H x D)
- 1,800-cubic-inch volume
- Constructed of Mini-Hexagon Ripstop, Waffle Weave, and 600-denier Duralite materials
High Sierra products include a limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, with the exception of wheeled products, which include a limited five-year manufacturer's warranty.
About High Sierra
Founded in 1978 as H. Bernbaum Import & Export Company by Harry Bernbaum and Hank Bernbaum, High Sierra Sport Company has grown to become the tenth largest outdoor company in the United States, and for over 30 years has been a family-owned organization committed to producing thoughtfully innovative bags and luggage that appeal to the active lifestyle and outdoor consumer.
Today, High Sierra Sport Company is the official supplier of bags to the U.S. Ski and Snowboarding teams, and its memberships include the Outdoor Industry Association (OIA), SnowSports Industries America (SIA), and the Travel Goods Association (TGA). Specializing in adventure travel, High Sierra's dedication to function, design, and quality is reflected through its product line.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
We hooked sippy cups and snack cups to the outside with caribeaners. It held guide books, snacks, diapers, our camera, and more. The straps are comfortable and provide nice support. The bag was just the right size and is nicely padded to for comfort without so much padding that it adds unnecessary bulk and weight. It's just what I was looking for and I would definitely order again. It's a great deal for the price.
It does not have anything on the back (other than a small cardboard that isint even hard) so it gets uncomfortable after a few minutes of walking with heavy books.
But for its price, it is a good enough backpack to use for college. Although, if you plan to carry large and heavy amount of books, I recommend looking for a different backpack.
UPDATE 12/2015 - My son is still carrying this backpack and it continues to hold up. It's survived a teenage boy for two years - what more could you ask for?
I'm 4'11 and it's not big and bulky like most backpacks I have had.
I carry a frisbee an iPad and headphones in the big compartment.
I carry pencils and pens and napkins and some snacks in the medium compartment.
And then I carry my phone, wallet, keys in the little compartment.
I love it!!