Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,478 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,636 reviews
on August 19, 2011
I've reviewed this pack for the Black color High Sierra Access Backpack after borrowing it from a friend for travel. I'm a large guy so I had it packed to the hilt, with 2 laptops and the gear to support, some mags and books some gifts and other stuff and the zippers worked easily no stressing.

When I returned I had about 1/3 what I took with me and it was compact like a day pack by pulling the reinforcement straps tight and its small again.

I used the rain cover when I landed in Hono cause we walked in rain to our gate. Nothing got wet. In the hotel i had to dry out the cover before I let it get packed away.

This pack is under advertised and under rated. Sellers I hope you like the photos, buyers I hope the photos answer any questions.

This pack makes EVERYONE ask about it and this pack steered me away from a THE NORTHFACE pack cause of the size, straps, padding and application of so many tasks it covers.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 412 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2015
I hate backpacks and haven't had one in 15 years. I bought this for a recent European vacation as a carry on bag. I typically use a large LL Bean Boat and Tote bag, but since we were traveling by train/boat/metro/airplane I wanted something more easily portable. This held everything that my LL Bean bag does, and was just perfect. Loaded with 19 pounds of what is apparently essential travel crap, it felt really light on my back. The rain cover actually works to keep out the rain and was so convenient. I can't believe the price point of this bag! One thing I really liked was a smaller pocket with a vertical zipper. The cinch straps cross over the zipper, so I kept my wallet in there. It's difficult to see the zipper, and the cinch strap was an added level of security against theft. Very pleased with this purchase and I'll be using it for years.
on February 24, 2017
After 2 years still running great, only problem are the suspension straps on the edge where a piece of fabric is sowed thats falling off but no problem doesnt affect the suspension straps anyways. Thats the only wear ive noticed, every day i carry around 15lbs of stuff and still does perefctly. The color will start getting or dark over time so i reccomend to get black becuase a lighter color will show the most. Since im a HS school student, i have to take notebooks, practice cloths, and my edc. Its really expandable unlike jansport which usually faisl me in about a 9 months. Its a really well build all round back pack.
Reliability 9/10
Design 10/10
Comfort 8/10
Quality 9/10
Overall 8/10
on July 2, 2016
I love this bag! One of the problems I have had with backpacks is that when commuting in the rain, the rain would always run off the back of my umbrella and onto my backpack, soaking my backpack. This backpack has a built-in raincoat, which is pretty much the reason I bought this backpack. It is comfortable to wear, the straps and back are padded. I have carried 2 (thin) laptops in the laptop sleeve, or even as many as 3 tablets. The main compartments are quite roomy. It has a load of pockets and compartments to keep things organized, but (as I said before) my favorite part is the rain cover - no more soaked backpack!
on August 22, 2013
I wanted double stitched seams. [x]
I wanted wide, solidly sewn shoulder straps since I would be hanging this by ONE strap walking around. [x]
I wanted a fairly heavy woven nylon fabric instead of that thin stuff they use on Member's Only Jackets. [x]
I wanted a LOT Of space. [x]
I carry a portable Bluetooth speaker, an iPad and then four or five little bags of accessories, like charges, deodorant, headphones, and more. This has all that room and some to spare. Straps on the side can limit the expansion of the bag. The bag unfolds all around the edge a little when fully loaded, sort of like those RV's that have that side-thing that slides out to make a room.
I felt like I needed THREE sizeable sctions without going to an assault/mille bag, or a 3 day hiker bag. This is like 2-1/2 sectoins and what does not occupy the two spacious main compartments or the 1/2 compartment can fit in a myriad of extra pockets and pouches all OVER this thing. Sunglasses, checkbook, pills, flashlight, notebook, and a dossier. [x]
Also, last but by no means least, room to carry my iPad in one padded slot, and my notebook in the other. (iPads aren't for productivity because they lack a delete key, can't run Flash, can't animate GIF's, have no GUI for a mouse, can't handle memory cards, no printer port. They're an iPhone 4s without the phone part.) So I carry a sizeable note book computer for real work, and this bag fits both.
I just found another hidden pocket. wtf.
I checked out a lot of packs. I almost went with the Adidas. I am glad I did not. This is the perfect bag for someone with a lot of technology on their back.
Dr Johnson
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2016
I loved it. It had everything one needs in a backpack for everyday use: lots of space, tech spot, waterproof rain cover, and looks good. But it was too large for my size (5.2 ft) and I'm skinny so it looked really odd on me, plus the straps were uncomfortable on my tiny shoulders. So I had to return it, got my refund though. I wish it would come in like a petit size as I love the brand and I have only been using High Sierra for two years now.
on September 8, 2015
This backpack is very roomy and appears to be very sturdy! I needed the ability to take my laptop as well as clothes when I travel - this will fit the bill nicely! I should be able to fit a couple days of clothes in it along with my laptop and its accessories. It has many different pockets for different purposes - plenty of space and divisions between them for all my stuff.

To give an idea of the width, I can fit a file folder easily in the bottom horizontally. It expands outward as needed and you can compress it using the side straps.

The shoulder straps are big and sturdy. The side mesh pocket is nice for carrying around a water bottle.

This is roughly a 45 liter pack (I converted using the cubic inches provided).
on August 21, 2016
bought this 3 years ago in 2013. still using it and it is going strong.
Backpack is straight bulky so keep that in mind.
My backpack has no problems with it.
After so much use, the straps be coming apart but thats after 3 years yo
on March 2, 2014
As stated on the original tag the backpack comes with:
"Limited Lifetime Warranty. High Sierra products are warranted to the original owner for the lifetime of the product against defect in materials or workmanship under normal recreational use. If your High Sierra product fails due to a material or manufacturing defect, we will repair or replace the product at our option. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. (Wheeled products carry a five year warranty from date of purchase.)"
High Sierra warranty department: 1-800-323-9590.

I've got my backpack within a few days from my order date. It's bigger in person than I imagined. Plenty of pockets left and right, up and down. At the bottom there is also a pullout cover to protect the backpack in case of rain. I ordered the green pattern one and it looks really nice. Also it seems well made and durable. The measures are those described in the description of the item. Price was great too. About $37 in February 2014. I would buy this backpack again. Money well spent.
on March 4, 2017
Everything you need. Looks great and the poncho underneath has come in really handy.

UPDATE: I've had this backpack since November and about 2 months ago (5ish months of use) the stitching for the main part ripped just from trying to zip the backpack up (it wasn't overstuffed). About a month ago 1 of the buckles that clip the front straps together snapped off... as in it's not stitched on but clipped tightly on and it was pulled off. I tried fixing it but with no luck so I pulled the other one off because it looked bad. I still love the poncho utility, but a backpack that starts falling apart WELL within the first year is not a good backpack.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.