We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Metallic Mini-Weave - Exclusive Duraweave and Mini-Weave fabrics provide the perfect combination of superior durability and visual interest.
- Diamond Weave Duralite - 300 x 500-denier diamond ripstop Duralite fabric features a special water resistant coating to help keep gear dry.
- Retractable handle - Provides easy maneuverability when extended out from the suitcase, and stores neatly inside when not in use. Locks in place in both the fully extended and stored positions for secure traveling.
- Zippered in handle - Stores in a zippered enclosure when not in use, almost eliminating the risk of damage to the handle.
- Free Shipping on All High Sierra Orders.
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
AT2502-0 Color: Black Features: -Large top compartment with easy access U shaped opening.-Large drop bottom compartment, with hold down straps, is perfect for shoes, boots or folded clothing.-Zippered divider panel, with zippered mesh pocket.-Two zippered top loading end compartments.-Adjustable exterior compression straps help compress and secure gear.-Oversized, skate style wheels are inset into corner mounted wheel housings.-Locking, telescoping handle is recessed to protect it when not in use. Color/Finish: -New materials and updated colors highlight this classic A.T Gear design. Dimensions: -Dimensions: 20'' H x 36'' W x 14'' D.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 36 x 20 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.9 pounds
- ASIN: B0054UCEI2
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 17, 2010
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
It's time for me to purchase new bags again and I'm not made of money so I want a good value. I looked at Thule, Dakine, Samsonite and High Sierra. Thule and Dakine seem way over priced. I decided to take a chance on High Sierra this time and bought two bags of different sizes. The first thing I looked at when receiving this bag was the frame. It's a much better designed component than what I had on the last generation Samsonite bags I owned. The Rods extend all the way to the bend where the wheels are set and the curved wheel base has some reinforcement design molded in. This bag has two interesting features that caught my attention. Instead of having one shoulder strap it has back pack style straps built in to the bottom. Any time you run out of flat surface to pull you can always carry the bag with the weight evenly distributed on both shoulders. Also theres a zippable base in the top compartment, it's a good design in case you need extra space for large items that wont fit in the top compartment itself. You can just unzip the bottom and utilize both compartments as one, however the bottom material is very thin. It's made of the same sheer material as the liner that is used to cover the frame. The upper compartment is therefore heavily reliant on the support of whatever you pack in the bottom compartment if it is to last. If the thin material were to ever get cut the rip might continue to travel over time until it hit the zipper unless a patch was sewn in immediately. The consolation is the bag is still functional as one big compartment. Outer zippers are decent quality but snaps are not as heavy duty as I would like. The fabric used is not as good of quality as the Samsonites I've owned but decent enough and the design is much better considering the added features and better frame. The Samsonite equivalent is about 50 dollars more and has a 3 year limited warranty which I was told by them might not cover the base if it snaps. The High Sierra has a 5 year limited warranty and I was told by them that the bag would be covered under warranty if I were to have that problem. Without the key rollable feature being reliable better fabric doesn't mean a whole lot so I'm fairly happy with my purchase at the moment. After 6 months of use I will revise my review accordingly.
Materials 2.5 stars (outer shell is adequate but score is low due to no lining in top compartment and thin material in top compartment base)
Design 4.5 stars
Build 4 stars
Warranty 4.5 stars
Price 3.5 stars (paid 105.00)
I ended purchasing the High Sierra AT659, which is similar to this one but has the right size: 5 stars.
I'd like to praise the seller luggageguru, they understood my mistake and were very helpful in getting the smaller one.
I really don't have any complaints about this thing. I just thought I should mention a few things.
1. The side pockets are on the top part on the side and they seem to get squished inward when the top part of the suitcase is packed,so it is kind of hard to put things in those two side pockets. I still managed though,because they are very deep. That's where I put all my shower supplies,medications and toothbrush and toothpaste.
2. This suitcase is pretty heavy even when empty,I like the idea of being able to carry it as a backpack,but I don't see that happening.
3. I could not get the thing to stand up on its side. I had to lay it down or it would fall over.
4. I wasn't all that concerned about this,but maybe someone else will be and would like to know this before it arrives and they get surprised. Inside the tag,there is a warning as per new California regulations (or at least,it is new to me). This product apparently has chemicals that are known to the state of California to cause Cancer,birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Like I said,none of that was a deal breaker for me and I still love this suitcase. I will definitely use it anytime I decide to try sleeping away from home.