Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on June 2, 2013
I bought this product for a trip to England thinking that I could carry it on the airplane and wheel it easily through the airports. I did all of that successfully but for two annoying features and one technical problem that reduced my rating to three stars.

The most annoying problem was that when the backpack and removable day pack were fully loaded, it fell over forwards onto the day pack. This is just a question of balance but it would have been nice if there was some pull-out stand to prevent this from happening.

The second problem was that the backpack by itself is too long to fit directly into the overhead compartments on the trans-Atlantic flight that we were on and had to be stowed sideways taking up more space. While I was lucky and found adequate space on the flights I was on, I can see that this would be another reason for the airlines to reject this as carry-on luggage.

Finally, as other people have reported, one of the shoulder straps on the day pack started to become detached. It looks like there is a manufacturing issue in this case. Even after just one trip, I am nervous that it will become completely detached. The day pack is rather small anyway with no padding for a laptop and so does not replace a regular backpack that you might want to consider instead. Having the whole thing on wheels is very nice, however, and means that you can comfortably consider hand carrying a much greater weight through airports.
on March 26, 2012
Pros
I did tons of searches for a wheeled book bag that would be easy to whip around the airport as well as serve as a stylish pack once I arrived to my destination. This AT605 Carry-on is great. Light weight, stylish, and plenty of accessible pockets. Just took it on a trip to Texas and it handled well. The wheels are smooth and quite on multiple surfaces including concrete sidewalks. The main compartment is narrow enough to roll down the aisle of a plane, which was great when it came to exiting the plane quickly. Then day pack easily held my 15" MacBook Pro and some other items. There's a quick clip on the carry-on that allows the day pack to quickly snap on if you do not want to take the time to zip the day pack back on. One feature that was a pleasant surprise was the handle strap on the day pack that allows you to slide the day pack on to the extended handle bar of the carry-on piece so that the day pack is vertically stacked with the carry-on. There are so many options that create the convince of carrying this luggage piece.

Cons
When utilizing the day pack feature, I'm all about security. Therefore, I noticed that the front pockets didn't have 2 zippers like the main compartment; which concerned me a tad. It would be much better if they're were 2 zippers on all compartments so that when the zippers closed, they'd be in an upright position vs. a downward position (increasing the possibility of something falling out). Secondly, the straps were not the most comfortable, but I was cool with it. If the straps were cut to curve with the shoulder and chest more, (such as athlete backpacks) it would be almost be a flawless fit. The mesh beverage holder didn't hold up too well. Although, I may have over stretched it with my canteen, so only use a standard bottle when using the beverage holder.

Overall, it's a great buy if you're like me. I like to have durability, accessories, versatility, and look good all at the same time. Thus far, this is a great product.
55 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
I recently purchased this bag for a to Europe. I was very convenient to be able to carry and roll everything around, however you sill have to unzip the two section if they are packed full as it will not fit in the overhead compartment unless you unzip the two, This is even true if you are flying first class. If you do have to unzip them, be prepared to lay the rolling portion done to zip back up if the back pack portion is full as it is very difficult to get it to zip while standing up. The bag and wheels performed really and I had no problem pulling it through the snow on the side walks in Germany and Prague. I used Munich as my hub for all the traveling so i only used this bag when traveling for a day or two at a time. If you are going for more then two days and buying souvenirs this isn't the right bag as it has an ok amount of space, doesn't expand that much and you have little room in the day pack section.

Positives. Wheels are great and very durable. Material is outstanding and could really be tested and hold up. Color of bag and functionality is good. Extended pull seems to be very flimsy, buy it never broke and always worked perfectly.

negatives. Day pack is exactly that, it is not a back pack and even though the material used is of great quality it doesn't have any elasticity or stretch to it and really only holds a minimum amount of items. The compartment on the front of the pouch is convenient, but will barely holds an iPod and charger and doesn't have any slot for pens. Day pack should straps are a little flimsy and there isnt a chest strap or buckle to really keep it in place when you use it. If your using in winter, bag holds 2 days of clothes, if its summer you could get away with 3.
on December 4, 2013
My boyfriend and I bought 2 of these suitcases for our month long trip throughout Europe! We went to over 8 countries in that time so it's safe to say we traveled a lot!! Loading these on the trains were so simple, we took up barely any room on the buses and the backpacks were absolutely essential!! The backpacks aren't the most spacious thing, but when you're carrying around that much luggage I wouldn't have been able to handle much more! there were times where we were close to missing our train that we used the main luggage backpack straps and ran to catch it, and it was such an amazing help! no problems with these bags whatsoever and the wheels were just so nice and smooth! If you're looking for quality, sturdy luggage for any vacation I would definitely recommend these bags! And flying on the cheap airlines like ryan-air and easy jet was so simple to check one complete bag, and then carry-on one backpack and one luggage-since their restrictions on luggage size are absurd! We combined these with the Eagle Creek travel pack-it folders (18 inch), and this gave us so much space in the luggage to gather souvenirs! I could not recommend these enough! (plus I lost 8 pounds that month lugging these things all around with us!)
on January 7, 2014
I love the design of this bag, I travel a lot for business and having a compact yet practical bag was critical.

The negative side is the quality and build. Handles, zippers, sewing, etc. are not as strong and durable as other luggage I am used to using. On my second trip with this unit the top handle on the backpack has broken off. This is of no surprise as it is not reinforced at all, just weakly sewn to the bag.

I wanted to give this more stars because of the design but for a bag that is supposed to be practical for frequent travelers and that retails over $100 I find the lack of quality unacceptable. You could probably find cheap backpacks at Walmart with stronger handles. If this had happened after a few months and several more trip it might have earned one or to more stars but it broke on my second trip.
on November 11, 2014
Versatile and durable product with the convenience of both a carry-on rollaway and a small detachable backpack.

Great design & good construction. I used it on a 16-day trip to Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore and it worked like a champ during the international flights (when i needed to separate the pieces to treat the rollaway as my carryon and the backpack as my personal item), rolling the bag around town, using the entire assembly as a big backpack to board trains and boats, and using the detachable backpack as a day-pack around town or on mountain hikes.

If your bags are packed extremely full, it's a little tricky to zip the two pieces together, but just takes a little time to get things lined up, and it'll work.

Only caveat: when you use the entire assembly as a backpack, there are small fabric covers that fold out to protect your clothes from the possibly dirty wheels. If you want to keep the bag in perfect condition, when you transition back to using the back as a roller, don't forget to take a moment to fold in the fabric wheel covers and zip up the cover over the backpack straps - if you don't, they could drag on the ground, get caught under the wheels, and get scuffed / torn up.
on July 28, 2017
My family traveled to Africa and used this luggage as carry on to pack all our items. Each family member used 1 bag. Amazing how much you can fit inside one of these small luggage and you still can carry them on.
on November 11, 2013
Two major flaws: The detachable smaller backpack has structural foam inside that one can not remove. That makes this bag huge! It will not fit an a plane's overhead without detaching it and separating the two bags. The flight attendants will not even allow you to take it in when in one piece. Too big and bulky.
Which leads to flaw # 2. Attaching and detaching the bags is not easy at all, and does take some doing.
The saving grace is that High Sierra must have realized that, and has added a buckle which will allow you to mate this too bags, while they are still separated. That makes it work.
If they did not put that lousy structure foam in the smaller bag, this suitcase would have been perfect!
on July 11, 2013
I thought given the title of the item and the size given at 22x14x8 that the total item would be suitable for a carryon. In actuality what they do is list the dimensions of the backpack and main bag separately, though no clarification of this is given with the main bag's dimensions, and apparently you're somehow supposed to realize it's your job to add them together. When put together they are much too large to use as a carryon. Now I have to contact Amazon to see whether I'm stuck with the mammoth cost of shipping this bag back because it's not at all what I need.
on May 5, 2014
I used this on a one month trek across Turkey, Georgia and Armenia and it performed very well, The detachable day bag was in constant use and I found it to be sized just right for a day out exploring. The main bag is smallish but it will fit easily into even the tight discount Euro airlines and this saves a lot of $$$ on checked bag fees. The wheels roll smoothly and there were no issues even on the typical broken pavement found overseas. It is not a true backpack so don't expect to use it for long hikes but the straps does come in handy when you get onto dirt trails or the road simply needs and the bag will no longer roll. This bag a compromise between carryon luggage and a backpack and I found it did a very good job.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.