Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 126 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on November 14, 2009
Took this on a safari to Africa, which included several baggage handling episodes at airports, as well as in and out of safari trucks, etc. It held up very well through all of this, with only one seam giving way in one of the pockets (hopefully a minor repair). The other critical thing was since this was a "soft" piece of luggage it was able to fit in places I didn't think it would.

As far as the luggage itself, I thought the layout was perfect. I was able to fit enough clothes to accommodate a 2.5 week trip. The shoe compartment was also handy, both because it separated my shoes from my clothes, but also because I was able to gain easy access to them (the shoe department is on the outside/top). Also, because of the "expand" feature, I was also able to pack gifts I got on the road for the trip back. The zippers were strong and sturdy enough to smoosh the bag closed at the end of the trip.

Overall, a strong recommendation for any adventure trip.
on October 16, 2014
I've been working in Canada lately for a few weeks at a time, and after a several trips with it, I've found this bag to both hold everything I need, as well as provide enough structure with the drop bottom to pack dress clothes without them arriving looking like they were slept in. My typical load out will include a light jacket, 5 pr of dress pants & shirts, 2 pr of jeans, a pair of dress shoes, a sport coat, a half dozen casual & t-shirts, plus all the underwear, personal items, etc., and I haven't come close to maxing it out yet. In particular, as winter approaches, I am confident I will still have plenty of room for more bulky clothes.

So... Word of caution: if you unzip the extension and just keep stuffing things in there until its plump, might want check it on the bathroom scale before you head out for the airport. This bag potentially holds a LOT -- you will most likely exceed the airline 50 lb. checked bag weight limit before you run out of room. (And if it isn't obvious, this bag is way too large to consider as a potential carry on - you'll want the next size down)

Only thing keeping it from getting 5 stars are the straps that snug up the duffel section to the drop bottom; could have been better thought out and more robust. I'm suspicious about how much longer they will last without giving way somewhere.
on March 17, 2016
This is a great mid-size duffel. I use this for 2-3 day trips, and another larger duffel for 4+ day trips. This duffel easily holds a few days worth of luggage, plus a nicely sized under-compartment for shoes, boots, or whatever else that can take a bit more of a beating and doesn't need to take up space in the main compartment.

Some things that are important to me that I've noted are:

- The side of the duffel that faces the floor when sitting upright is nicely protected
- The wheels are smooth and silent
- It has a perfect sized side compartment for smaller stuff like toiletries
- The zippers are large, heavy-duty, and smoothly operated
- The fabric is a nice heavy canvas style fabric that should hold up for a long time

I don't have a single complaint about this duffel. It will hold up plenty long for the price. Definitely recommend.
on February 21, 2016
The inside partition liner tore at the zipper seam after just one use. The material is too thin and not durable enough.
I have not contacted the seller, but would like it replaced if possible.
review image
on August 14, 2015
The material separating the outer compartment (accessed through the zipper facing you in the picture) and the inner compartment that is supposed to separate the two ripped after very little use. Rightly so as it's just a thin sheet of some kind of thready nylon that tore right at the sewing seams. Probably not repairable and I didn't try.

However, I've still gotten a lot of use from this bag, and it travels well. The outer pockets are handy for stuffing in my shaving kit and other miscellaneous items I want easy access to (such as my pocket knife). The extra clasps on the outside and the zipper that allows the bag to expand for even more storage are handy as well. For the size, I do wish this bag had more storage compartments inside on the back wall, or dividers in the interior. It's a lot of space (it's a larger sized bag) and when set upright, everything just kind of falls to the bottom.

The travel handle and the wheels are of good quality and I've had zero issues with them over the years I've owned this. Overall, if the interior hadn't ripped and it had just a few more features, I would highly recommend this bag. As it stands with the tear occurring so early on in it's life, I can only give it 3 stars even though I've had zero other issues. Having the main and secondary compartments all-in-one is too much.
on February 11, 2015
I purchased this bag last October for a 3.5 week trip to India. I needed clothing for warm and cool climates and this bag allowed me to pack everything that I needed and more. I have had soft sided, two wheeled luggage before and was always unhappy due to it not being stable when full. This bag has a good support system on the bottom that kept it stable in the upright position. I also like the cinch straps on the sides as they appear to take the stress off the zippers when the bag is full. The zippers (and zipper pulls) look sturdy which have been a problem with prior luggage. The only thing I didn't use was the expansion capability. I tried it when packing for the trip home but felt like the bag was more sturdy without it opened and the bag expanded on its own to carry all that I needed and in fact came close to the 50 lb. limit.
I have recommended this bag to friends--actually, I bought it as my son & daughter in law purchased two of them and recommended it to me when I told them I was researching travel bags.
on August 14, 2011
I have owned this bag since 2009. I have used it on 3 international trips, and several domestic. It has survived beautifully - even after pulling it through Ireland, including several times where I was rolling it through city streets, or on roadsides for 2km or more to get from a ferry or bus to my destination.

The fabric is quite durable, there are only a few signs of wear along the seams. I recently used it to over pack for a 10-day trip to Ireland, where it was banged around on trains and buses. I am tempted to buy the carry-on 22" version of this bag, because I am so pleased with this one. I carry a backpack/daypack as my carry-on and for day trips, so I have never really used this as a backpack; I'm only 5'5" so I think it would be too cumbersome.

I own several pieces of luggage, but this is my go-to bag for any trip over just a few days. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because for the trips I usually take, of 10-12 days, it's just a little too big, so I tend to overpack using it (more my fault than the bag's). It does help that it has several straps to cinch it down (thickness-wise). Completely full my luggage still weighs under the maximum amount for the airlines (before you have to pay extra). It carries my clothing in the main compartment, running/low hiking shoes in their own pocket, and toiletries and accessories (hair straightener, umbrella, adapters, etc.) in the top zip compartment. The inner lining also zips, providing a few spots to hide copies of passports and money. Mine is two shades of gray with a bright green trim and accents. It's nice-looking, but a brighter color might be easier to pick out at baggage claim.

All in all, I think this bag was definitely worth the money (I think I paid about $110 on sale at Amazon). I am very pleased with the quality and durability.
on May 2, 2015
Awesome luggage and awesome customer service from this company. Had an issue with the bag after 1 trip, the sent me a new one for free and even let me keep the old one. So I gave the old one to my dad who is less picky and we're both happy. He uses his weekly and I use mine now to transport my guitar pedal board.
on January 27, 2012
Extremely sturdy and versatile. Held up very well on a 3-week journey through Southeast Asia. There are a number of different ways to get into each section with minimal disruption to anything you have packed in the other parts of the suitcase - very well designed for accessing that one thing you needed on the go, which is saying a lot since this holds a lot of stuff. Wheels and handles are all very well designed and held up beautifully. The duffel handle is not the most useful, but does the job in a pinch - I found myself mostly using this a wheeler (almost all the time) or a backpack (up/down stairs), only using the duffel handles to load it onto a shelf or under a bus.
on December 6, 2015
Love this bag! I just travelled for 4 weeks with it and was very pleased. It is too big to use as a carry on but still looks like new after being checked in on several flights. Love the different compartments, it makes it so much easier to stay organized in an easy way when you change locations a lot. I ended up not using the back pack feature but was glad I had it. The wheels work great and I was able to fit my heavy carry on back pack on top of it easily to wheel that as well. It's a nice quality not looking cheap like some other products I have seen from High Sierra. I would buy this bag again and highly recommend it!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.