Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 17, 2013
For some reason, Amazon does not offer these in an extra wide size. I decided to order them in the largest size Amazon stocked to see if I could fit into that - I wear a 6E shoe. - Dumb move.

I received them the other day, put them on my wide shoes (with a very, very close fit) and used them.

I have since found out that these are sold in 6E width.

I should have checked other sites for the wide shoes.
on March 11, 2013
I am a woman but am wearing a men's running shoe men's size 9.5. medium (D) width (this is approximately equal to a woman's 11 D(wide)). The large fits men's 9.5-11 so you would THINK these should fit, but be on the looser side (which reviewers say is adventageous, easier to put on and off). Howerver, they are WAY too big.. They are slightly too long and WAY too wide.Clown-shoe wide, particularly in the front. Believe me I am not looking for beauty--these are functionally so wide that they move around) They did not send me the wrong size, it has an "L" on the bottom for large. IT is possible that my running shoes are on the small size by brand (Brooks). I just tried them on with women's size 11 (approx men's 9.5 that does not run small) hiking shoes of another brand. They are just as loose. I'd say it means they run at least a 1/2 size LONG.

My advice to others is to be wary of getting a large if your MENS shoe size is under a 10, unless perhaps you have a wide foot or it's a large 9.5 by brand-then it's possible you COULD get away with it. Or perhaps high volume work boots. Honestly though they are so very wide (and tall/thick in toe volume) in the front and it's hard to imagine.I can't vouch for how the medium fits, but will be ordering. I was going to order a pair for my cousin who works in contruction but don't trust the sizing.

Second sizing issue is the fact that the women's sizing is completely wrong. Women's shoes are about 1.5 sizes smaller than men's so a man's 9.5 is a woman's 11. They have the size range of women's totally wrong. My large is supposed to fit men's 9.5-11 and women's 8-9. But that is impossible. A woman's 8-9 is a men's 6.5 to 7.5. THis size, Large, men's 9.5-11 (as listed) means it is actually a women's 11-13.5. It is actually a typo...ie wrong.

I gave these 2 stars because I need these overshoes right now. My runnning shoes are getting wet. Instead I have to go through hoops and return them and THEN order another pair. It's a third party seller so Amazon won't simply replace the item. Having spent 20 min researching what size to get and STILL it isn't right is why I am so dissapointed. I waited for over a week for these..now I have to wait another week.

That said the Amazon service rep was excellent. Very helpful. And I don't have to pay for return shipping because i explained the issue...they are sending me a UPS return label. She is going to put in something to change the sizing on the product page.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 7, 2014
I really do like the overshoe as I work in a shipping yard at the port; where it's always dirty and muddy. They work like a charm; BUT... don't think you can just pop them of and on like some loafers. You WILL earn your $$$ getting them on. Still they dod keep my new 9Amazon) purchased boots clean. :-)
on March 17, 2014
I had a pair of Servus which had a thick durable rubber but couldn't find the style I had before so I thought I'd try a Tinsley.I haven't tried them in any water conditions yet but I am surprised after all the other glowing reviews on how thin and flimsy the rubber is,i have a feeling they won't last long
on November 22, 2013
I can wear it with my shoes on like I'm putting on shoes on my foot. Sometimes I even wear it with just slippers on and it doesn't shake off (as long as I don't run fast).
on September 9, 2013
Just got these for a trip to Scotland (yes, it is wet!). Using the sizes given I ordered the "Large" 9.5-11 men's overshoe. I wear a 9.5 shoe, so figured it would be just about right.

When the package came the Tingley box said the overshoes were "MD--Fits Sizes 8-9.5". However, they say "LARGE" on the sole. Feeling apprehensive, I tried them on and...voila, they fit perfectly on both my sneakers and my pretty bulky Brooks walking shoes. Just what I wanted.

It seems Tingley has modified this particular overshoe to be "Bigger, Wider, Longer" and their sizing charts have changed accordingly. BEFORE YOU BUY THESE, check Tingley's website, particularly the "Sizing Guidelines by Shoe Style" page. If you are a 10.5-11 I think this size would be too small. I'd go with the XL. Here's the Tingley link:

[...]
7 people found this helpful
on December 25, 2011
My husband has sworn by Tingley's High Top Work Rubbers for years. A mechanic and farmer, he works outdoors year round, and is hard on his shoes. He has extremely wide feet (as in "good for walking on lily pads") and has trouble finding anything that fits. These fit, are durable, and have good traction on snow and ice. Last year I couldn't find the model 1300M, so I bought him some other Tingleys that have a flat sole instead of a heel. He hates them - they cramp his feet. So he patched his old ones with tire patches (it actually works!!!) and continued wearing them until they were more patches than rubbers. I have been unable to replace them locally. Now that we have snow, his feet are getting wet and he has slipped and fallen several times. Online comments about sizing are conflicting. Some say buy big or they won't go on: others say Tingley has changed so the size that used to fit is now too big. That makes it tough when buying online. Will the new size M accommodate his 8 1/2 x EEEEEE feet better, or will he trip over the toes?
on December 8, 2013
I bought these for my dad 2 years ago and he said they were the best he ever had (which is quite a compliment since he has worn rubber overshoes for 30+ years)!
He wears a size 13 work boot, so I bought the XXL overshoe. He said there was more room in the toe area than on other brands and that they go on easier, so you're not tugging and tearing. His usual overshoe lasts for about 1 year, but these have taken 2 years of abuse (they are still usable, but now starting to wear out, so I'm here to buy a new pair). You won't be disappointed.
on September 21, 2012
For several years I had used the size small over my workboots with no problem. This year Tingley made them "wider, longer, bigger" and now they don't fit well at all. They flop around so much that they're noisy and may be dangerous due to sliding around on my boots. Had they also created an Extra Small size, they would still be worthwhile. I won't buy them again.
2 people found this helpful
on March 3, 2012
Garbage. The item shredded in two the first time I put it over my shoe and had to be tossed, unused. Based on this experience, I'd suggest avoiding the company.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.