Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

High Voltage
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 14, 2017
Classic Bon Scott! Their first release in the USA on vinyl. Worth it just for that. If you're new to AC/DC, this includes the hits "It's a Long Way To The Top" (used in the school of rock movie), and other staples "The Jack," "TN'T" and "Live Wire". Full of raw energy. You can't listen to this and not tap your feet and bang your head. Next thing you'll be shouting "Oy! Oy! Oy!" This is pure rock and roll!
on March 23, 2017
Songs great.....album labels pressed on off center so run out groove not proper and stylus runs on to paper. Awaiting replacement. The speed of record pressings now with old equipment seems to be affecting quality control. I am aware of many issues with this album and its various press runs. Just examine carefully for warps and label, center hole punch etc.
on February 1, 2008
Early AC/DC can be a bit confusing, especially for the new fan, as the band had multiple releases, domestic (Australian) and international, and the tracks weren't at all consistent between those releases. Their first, full fledged international release was this album, High Voltage, which is essentially a combination of their first two releases in their native Australia, High Voltage and TNT. From the Australian High Voltage, the band draws only two tracks, those being the "She's Got Balls," and "Little Lover," while seven tracks are pulled from the Australian TNT (yes..."High Voltage" is off of TNT and not the album of the same name). There's no question that there's some great material, here. But the band is still young, and it shows. Their writing isn't quite as strong as on later releases, but it's still a very enjoyable, raw album from a very young band.

Much of the material left off of the international release can be found on '74 Jailbreak.
2 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2014
I bought this probably back in the fifth grade on cassette tape (still love em!) unfortunately, I lost it in a fire some years ago. I'm 38 yrs old and let me tell you how it brought back great memories of my youth. All the songs are great to me. This "album" has a rare intensity/ energy that I've always loved and its special to me that I had it during those somewhat awkward adolescent years! Enjoy it!
on April 27, 2016
Adding AC/DC music to my large collection starting with a greatest hits CD. So I thought why not go back to the beginning? Took me awhile to adjust to the fact that this recording is 40 years old now, wow! Good CD and the start further additions to my collection.
3 people found this helpful
on May 13, 2015
I can't believe I never picked this up before, it is now one of my favorite AC/DC albums. The songs that still hit the radio are here, but the tracks I'd never heard before make me ashamed that I'd skipped this album until now. Chuck full of hits you know and some great Bon Scott work you may have missed, any AC/DC fan will get a charge out of High Voltage (I wonder how many times that line got used back in the day)!
2 people found this helpful
on April 18, 2018
Love this album, Bon Scott was the man. Awesome album all the way through.
on November 3, 2012
I bought 3 AC/CD CD's to get the songs I wanted - TNT and Long Way To The Top are great They don't do Amazon individual songs or greatest hits but at least I found 2 of my favorites on this one. The others CDs only had one..
AC/DC Favorites
Money Talks
TNT
Dirty Deeds
Long Way to the Top if you want to Rock and Roll - Love the Bag Pipes!!
I'll try to listen to some others later to find some I like. I don't like the more vulgar songs.
on February 25, 2009
This is by far THE best album by AC/DC in the earlier days of their not-yet-famous popularity. As good as Highway To Hell was, I think this one is better. It is more raw and has more catchy tunes than HTH. If you want a great album with the Bon Scott era, you can't go wrong with their first release in the USA. All songs are good, but stand-outs are title cut, It's a Long Way to the Top, Live Wire, and T.N.T. You won't be disappointed. Bon Scott was the flame that led to the band's break-out fame in the early 80's. He is sorely missed by all his fans.
on July 3, 2012
High Voltage is AC/DC's first international album and the songs on it are a compilation of their best songs from their first two albums: the Australian version of High Voltage and TNT. I'm a huge fan of the Bon Scott years, which I prefer over the Brian Johnson years, and in my opinion, this is AC/DC's best album. Can I Sit Next To You Girl, Little Lover, and The Jack alone make the album a must-have for any AC/DC fan. I love this album a lot and I listen to it all the time whether I'm working out, going out for a walk, or just relaxing. I borrowed this album from a friend so I could put the songs onto my iPod and I loved the album so much that I bought my own copy of the CD and got it in the mail in just 3 days. If you're just getting into AC/DC or you're an old fan, buy this album because you will definitely not regret it.
4 people found this helpful