- File Size: 2668 KB
- Print Length: 78 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: November 13, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01LXFNB1H
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,927 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$4.99|
Save $4.99 (100%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
A Highland Ghost for Christmas (Gambling Ghosts Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
More items to explore
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The first thing I noticed were a bunch of spelling and grammar mistakes including the author misspelling Santa Claus multiple times. The second is that Maddie is not a likable character in fact I thought she was a bit of a twit. But if I didn’t like Maddie I absolutely hated Cullen. This man is toxic chauvinistic and prone to making really horrible sexist jokes that just were not funny. And he’s the hero.
But and here’s where I note for spoilers... he doesn’t get the girl.
That’s right the couple that we are led to believe is endgame doesn’t happen. And the guy that Maddie does it end up in is glossed over with hand waves and info dump.
Frankly I felt cheated we got the wrong romance.
If this is what is in store for the rest of the series count me out.
• A great ghost! I am still smiling at Cullen's highjinks.
• Impressive writing, especially as this was not a full length novel. The characters were well developed and I would enjoy meeting them in real life, were it possible. The plot was a delight, well-paced, with a complete and satisfying story arc. The editing was excellent.
• The world building made sense and was a 'reality' I would be happy to live in. Enough so, I am going to get the rest of the series.
• It's a clean read. I love finding a clean read! I don't watch people in real life be intimate; same goes for fictional people. When intimacy is a part of a plot, the rest of the plot is less developed, even when it's written by the best authors. I love reads that are "all story."
• The epilogue finshed the story perfectly.
• If I could, I would give the author a sixth star for offering this book for free. While it's good marketing, I still count it as a gift to readers and buy their books when my limited book budget allows it. (Free or not, my reviews are my own. I'm stubborn that way.)
📚 And...I am still smiling, so I encourage you to read this book for yourself!
This is the first book that I have read by this author, and it will not be the last. This book is a fantastic masterpiece that you do not to miss out on! Whether or not you are dreaming of Christmas, you will cherish every part of this journey. It is pure magic wrapped in gentle warmth and tied with a huge bow of hope. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated after enjoying this incredible experience. I dare you pass by and not wonder what you could savor and take with you forever.
The narrators made this story shine! They are absoultely fantastic. You couldn't have chosen a better pair for this reading. They worked great together, and they made this story come to life for me. I loved everything about this book, and I know that you will as well. Give it a chance and find out what magic it can create in your own heart.
Well, this was just such a cute and charming little romantic comedy, that it pretty much sucked me in from the start. It not only made me laugh and smile, but just plain feel good while reading it. Cullen and Maddy were both totally endearing and so easy to love too. I completely adored the entire story right up until its conclusion, which was very bittersweet and not at all what I expected. I do think the epilogue was a nice touch though, and helped me see that things ended the way they were meant to. Even so, I still have to admit to not being entirely happy with the ending, which is why I knocked off one star. I liked Ms. Carson's writing though and look forward to reading more from her.
Also for those who'd like to know, the story itself ended at 89% and location 692 of 781 on my kindle device.
The girl had the choice of two different men. I won’t give away which one wins but I was rooting for the other one - mostly because there was more between them. They actually interacted. The guy who WAS chosen had maybe two paragraphs with the girl. So no real connection for the reader.
I might have been ok with the other guy if I had seen more interaction and chemistry between them beyond being told she felt a connection.
So while I enjoyed the premise and the writing style, the ending was a big letdown. I’ll try another in this series.
Easy to read. Loved the interaction between Cullen and Maddy. She did get her HEA. Actually they both got their HEAs. You will need to read the book to find out how she ended with Hank and he with Bronwyn. No cheating.
Well written and edited.
Great story. I would recommend this quick, fun and romantic Christmas book to everyone.
Top international reviews
I enjoyed this immensely but admit it's incredibly short. Perfect for when you want surprising with a feel good romance. My advice ? Ignore reality and just go with the flow.