Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 273 reviews
on October 11, 2013
This musical spoke to not only me, but to my children in a way I had never seen. We all sat around the television in tears and awe and immediately purchased the CD. It became our constant companion in the car and encouraged many many discussions about tolerance, acceptance and equality and opened up dialogue between my teenagers and myself that I will cherish. If this soundtrack doesn't reach out and grab you, I would be shocked!
on November 3, 2013
I love this musical as it has so much meaning and brings reality to everyone. There is an epidemic of aids and this makes you understand things that may have been a fear to you before. I have to say, I just saw this movie about a year ago and I watch it at least twice a week. I bought the CD about 1-2 months ago and I just can't stop listening to it. It has an amazing amount of talent and the songs bring so much meaning. I have never loved a soundtrack like this one and I don't know if I ever will. I want to acknowledge every person that had to do with either writing or performing the songs as they did such an amazing job. I only hope some day that I will be able to find another musical that can come close to this one. They could never get better people to sing these songs. Great job to each and every character for bringing the message across that is so important!
on December 5, 2005
Wow if the movie wasn't wonderful enough the soundtrack is even greater... on my Christmas wishlist this year is "Rent" the sountrack captures all the beauty you saw in the film and the Broadway version of the show... if doing nothing more than enhancing the beauty of the epic songs. It's a pity Jonathon Larson didn't live to see the beauty of his musical be realized.

With the orginal Broadway cast reprising their roles on the stage- this C.D. lives up to the show that has been running for ten years on Broadway. The music is powered pack with rock meets Broadway style music. Adding new depth to what has become a very dull Broadway genre.

The musical is all about coming to terms with life in the 90s as eight friends have to deal with death, drug addiction, roller coaster romances, AIDS, feelings of inadquesse and that we feeling we all have of wanting "something more" in life. The musical lives up to the rave reviews it has been recieving online and it's a musical that EVERYONE can relate too... I love listening to this C.D. and it's so uplifting and powerful I only wished they had made the musical/sountrack sooner for "Rent" fans.

Each song sticks out with you- My favorites

"One Song Glory"-about wanting to be known for something

"Seasons Of Love"- How you should measure your life

"Will I?"- Those afflicted with AIDs sing left me remembering the health crisis of the 90s when AIDs was virtually fatal- is a song about them coming to terms with their fate and their fears of death.

"What You Own" is a great rock song

and

My favorite "Finale B" which made me toatlly re-examine my life and how I have lived.

With heartfelt and heartbreaking songs everyone will be able to enjoy this CD and if you haven't seen the movie you simply must go see the movie you'll be amazed!

"There is no future... There is no past....

Thank God this moment's not the last!

There's only us. There is only this...

Forget REGRET or your life is yours to MISS.

No other road. No other DAY But Today!"

"Live to love or live to live in fear... No other path, No Other Road- No day BUT Today!"
on May 25, 2016
My twin granddaughters were in the play Rent recently so I got this for them. The play was great! I had never seen it before. For high school actors and singers it was a joy to see what they did!
on September 27, 2005
I've listened to both the Original Broadway Cast Recording and this new soundtrack, and I have to admit... I actually like the soundtrack better. The orchestrations are an improvement, the vocals have more raw emotion rather than empty singing. Every single original cast member has improved for the better in one way or another, and it convinces me to hold high expectations for the film come November 23rd.

To all of those who have heard the OBCR first, please listen with an open mind. It IS different from the original recording. Many are tempted to dislike it at first simply for the principle that it sounds SO different from what they're used to. This is a rocked-out, less broadwayified version of the musical we all know and love, and I believe this is a great move for a film--especially for one that plans to break into the mainstream. :-)

Anthony Rapp sounds terrified. Adam Pascal, in my opinion, sounds like... himself. Different than the OBCR, but if you know his solo work, then you know what to expect. I think he has certainly matured as an actor, and I love his voice. I don't think he's weak at all. Idina Menzel sounds a little spacy, but I think her role calls for it. :-) Jesse L. Martin, Tracie Thoms, and Wilson Jermaine Heredia sound FANTASTIC. And finally, Rosario Dawson--definitely a change from the original Daphne Rubin-Vega, but her smooth voice is perfect for film.

Overall, this soundtrack is an incredible listen. La Vie Boheme, Will I?, One Song Glory, Light My Candle, Another Day, and Tango: Maureen are of particular notice. Love Heals is a lovely little close to the package. All those who were hesitant to buy this, don't hold back! :-)
on July 14, 2017
Love love this CD!
on May 8, 2013
If you're like me & loved the movie then you'll love the soundtrack. There's obviously a separation between songs that doesn't exist in the movie. There are a couple of bonus songs that were cut from the movie. My biggest complaint is Seasons of Love B, which doesn't sound like it does in the movie & doesn't include the entire song...a disappointment for me. The lyrics are included which is nice. I was l left wondering though why there wasn't a picture of Angel & Collins amongst the many photos that were included. All in all very satisfied!
on January 20, 2007
I don't understand why there are all these reviews that are arguing about RENT:stage vs. RENT:movie. The fact is that both are good and arguing over the relative merits or each is like deciding which time the PREZ lied about the Iraq war was worse.

Let this work, in all of it's forms, stand as a great and innovative piece of American Theater and a tribute to it's composer.

Besides, the songs are catchy, great, and have emotional depth. I just wish that Junior High Choirs would stop mangling Season's of Love.
on January 3, 2014
Purchased this product because my husband and myself absolutely love the movie Rent. Has all the songs you hear them sing in the movie, plus a couple of bonus songs I don't remember in the movie. :-) If you love Rent and you want to keep the songs going all the time, this is a good purchase idea.
on May 30, 2017