Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 22, 2017
A great book for the highly sensitive adult or person in a relationship with one. I disagree with reviews that it elevates highly sensitive people over non-HSP, as she repeatedly states in the text that there are positives and negatives to both. She does highlight that the trait is genetically beneficial and not a mental health condition which is the most important message. Anxiety, depression, etc. are all diagnosed when this could be the actual underlying trait. A great read, though less fluid than the highly sensitive child
6 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2017
The Highly Sensitive Person in Love was a very insightful and helpful book for me. I've read it twice and plan to read it again, not because it is dense or difficult, but because it has so many useful insights and tips. I like, in particular, that Aron presents her perspective in, what I believe, was a very fair and balanced way, without putting sensitive people on a pedestal. Instead, she presents highly sensitive people as having different kinds of challenging and supportive traits to contribute to a relationship than people who are more on the less sensitive side of the spectrum.

Her discussion on intimacy and gender roles was challenging and honest. I think these topics are best discussed openly, but they often are not. The fact way she tackles them with such clarity and directness in this book is refreshing.
3 people found this helpful
on June 15, 2014
After having read Dr. Aaron's first book,I wondered what more I could expect from another book on love relationships. I am pleased to say that I learned more about this topic of the highly sensitive person. Being a therapist, I have found her other books very helpful in working with clients. I alsodiscovered that I am a high sensation seeker. And this answered a lot of questions and confusion I have had around other aspects of my temperament. I highly recommend this book in addition to the first.
7 people found this helpful
on February 11, 2016
My fiancé is an HSP, so I got this to try to better understand her. It really opened my eyes in to her world and want she expects of me. I just hope I can deliver.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 14, 2017
this book series saved my life
5 people found this helpful
on April 29, 2018
I appreciate that someone has taken up the banner to research and scientifically represent sensitivity. This is so very validating.
2 people found this helpful
on August 25, 2017
I needed some insights on why I was having fears of intimacy and I had doubts about being highly sensitive. After reading this book, I can say that I have so much more understanding of who I am and the way I experience things. My only regret is that I wish I had read this book sooner.
3 people found this helpful
on April 15, 2010
I borrowed this book from a friend during a long bus ride years ago, and even though none of the romance-related advice was immediately relevant to me at the time, the ideas Aron presents were extremely helpful. Aron claims that about 15% of people naturally have more sensitive nervous systems (in her terminology, they are Highly Sensitive Persons, HSPs*), and that this is a biological difference that has a major impact on our social existence. This model has made a lot of sense to me, and it has helped illuminate many of my own reactions and patterns, as well as those of my family and friends.

Now that I'm in a serious romantic relationship, the particular contents of this book (as opposed to Aron's first book, The Highly Sensitive Person) seemed more relevant, so I bought a copy from Amazon. It had been several years since I looked at it, and I'm amazed yet again at how insightful the author is. She writes with compassion and wisdom, and she cites studies and research to back up her claims, as well as illustrating them with real stories. I highly recommend this book for any HSP who has moved past believing that the opposite sex has cooties.

*Check out [...] for more information about what this means.
14 people found this helpful
on January 14, 2018
I expected this to be more like a workbook, which it is not. It's also written both FOR HSP and for lovers of HSP and the writer write to both audiences. I feel like she should have written two books: "Tips for the Highly Sensitive Person in Love" and "Tips for Lovers of the Highly Sensitive Person."
on November 4, 2013
This is a wonderful topic by a brilliant researcher, Elaine Aron, who has changed thousands and thousands of lives. That said, I have thoroughly digested The Highly Sensitive Person, having read it countless times. This book did not tell me a lot that I did not already know. I think the concepts are laid out very clearly in the first book.
5 people found this helpful