|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $6.00 (67%)
Highmage's Plight (Highmage's Plight Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What I would have liked to know before I bought this book. (minor spoilers)
1. What type of book is it: adventure, action, drama, etc? This is not so much a book as a series of short, comic book length, stories bound together to form a larger tale.
2. What is the story about, in general? The story is about George, the archeologist of a distant future as he travels a magical planet with his super advanced magically enhanced computer.
3. What/Who is the target audience? Teenagers and Young Adults. I wish the book had more for Adults, given George's age, but it honestly sheds maturity as the pages turn.
4. How is the proofreading? Below average, with more than a few missing words, switched words, extra words, kindle format errors and such. It is not the worst proofed book I've read, but it sure is among the top 20. This work was put in a word processor and given a simple "Spellcheck". It shows.
5. Is there character development or exploration? We explore George and his group, but beyond George only 1 secondary character is mildly compelling. The rest, though not specifically cliché, ACT in cliché manners and roles. Not fun for me.
6. Are the characters likable? George is unlikable. As much as he is supposed to be intelligent, he feels unreasonable, mulish, stubborn and, eventually, like he is sulking. I tried to find good qualities, and the only `good' one I can find is that his flaws aren't worse! George has the sort of personality that most authors relegate to a secondary character; perpetually stubborn and irate even while caring for people's lives. He is an intellectual diva. I half expect him to say things like `How dare you!Read more ›
As the first book by a new author it is quite good - I have definitely seen first books by other now well established authors that were much worse. As such this is definitely an author to watch.
The one issue that I did have with the book is that it does not really read as a continuous story particularly since the book ends at a point that would be at best half way through the story. Instead the book reads more like a series of episodes that involve the same characters. Yes the adventures continue on one after the other but throughout it seems like one adventure has to be completely finished and resolved before the next adventure can start and that makes the book read more like a series of short stories about the same characters rather than as the first part of a novel (and the way it just cuts off at the end means that it definitely is no more than a part of a novel).
I hate waiting long periods of time but am willing to do so if I can get a projected release date.....so again where is the next book already, or should I say....when is the next book!
I would give this book a 5 star rating if it was actually a complete book. However this book builds up a plot line and then ends in the middle of the plot. A lot of stories will leave you with a cliffhanger ending, this book didn't even make it to the cliff.
This story is very good, I found it enthralling and truly enjoyed it. The price is great, the fact that there are 4 in the series is very nice and there are more coming (I hope!!!). A great value for my money and when I put the book down, I could not wait to start the next one in the series. They are long in length, and full of great characters and plot is just twisty enough to be enjoyable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great read for lover's of fantasy and science fiction. This book was a fast read and I would recommend it.Published 13 months ago by Anne
Its a slow starter but if you work your way through this one, book 2,3,and 4 deserve the 5 starsPublished 18 months ago by frans vdv
Enjoyed the book. There was a bunch of editorial errors, but it was still a fun read.Published 19 months ago by Jan Benn