From the Back Cover
• Hikes suited to every ability
• Mile-by-mile directional cues
• Difficulty ratings, trail contacts, fees/permits, and best hiking seasons
• An index of hikes by category, such as easy day hikes, extended backcountry trips, hikes to lakes,
• Invaluable trip-planning information, including local lodging and campgrounds
• Full-color photos throughout
About the Author
Ron Adkison (deceased), an avid hiker and backpacker, began his outdoor explorations at age six. Since then he has logged more than 12,000 trail miles in ten western states. He has walked every trail in this guide, most of them multiple times, to provide precise, firsthand information about the trails, as well as features of ecological and historical interest.
Ron shared his love for the backcountry in this, one of his sixteen guidebooks covering wild country in the American West.