Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 25, 2017
Everyone who had anything to do with this production, did a wonderful job. The scenery in the first part of the movie was gorgeous. Wherever it is, I want to go there. There was one scene where Katrina Kaif's acting wasn't that great, but she was pretty good in the rest of the movie and she danced and sang well, if that was her voice. I liked her character's faith in Jesus. Her character's relationship with Jesus was more give and take than what I'm used to seeing. I enjoyed watching SRK while he portrayed this honorable character. His character's personality was similar to the altar ego in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. The best acting I've seen him do was in RNBDJ. I think it was the first Indian movie I saw him in that got my attention. Though there was a lot of scenes with their religion in that one, it was still an enjoyable movie. In Jab Tak Hai Jaan, the story was also good and it was fun to watch. I recognized many of the dances in this one that were in RNBDJ, but it was still entertaining the second time around. I love all the music in Jab Tak Hai Jaan. The later song and dance scenes that the reporter was doing, ran on longer than I liked, but she also sang and danced well and the music was good for dancing. (She was also the main actress in RNBDJ.) I could have seen more of the street dancing, in JTHJ, because it was cool and was refreshing that strangers would have this camaraderie and skillfully danced with strangers. The dances were interesting and music was a good blend. It was disappointing that the reporter was an atheist in the story, but she was very likable, cute and very charming. I liked her energy, courage and boldness. She was also funny and joyful. I liked her better, and thought she and SRK's character made a perfect pair. The first time I saw this movie was on Netflix and liked it so well, that I bought it. It's also tempting to buy the soundtrack.
on September 3, 2017
I loved this movie. Have seen it three times so far. The story is great. As a Christian myself, I found the battle SRK has with God over the love of his life to be so true to life and the way she bargains with the Lord to supposedly get her prayers fulfilled is SO very much what many Christians think they have to do in order for Father God to hear and answer them. People get angry with God when things happen in their lives they don't like, so the spiritual part of the story was great as it showed the incredible misunderstanding of how the Lord works these two people were laboring under, which is much like how many people feel. The way he won her over was beautiful and touching. The first onscreen kiss from SRK was tender and sweet but very very sexy. The dance scene in the street was fantastic from SRK and Katrina. Anushka was sensational and nearly stole the show. Her interaction with SRK was great. So charming and lively and his reaction to her made it clear he would have gone for her if he had not given his heart to Katrina Kaif's character. The short film clip they showed of the piece Anushka's character had done for the Discovery Channel was surprisingly moving. There is something about Shah Rukh Khan when he speaks seriously from his heart, even the dialogue of a movie part, which moves the heart. He has the ability to generate such depth of character and display such sincerity that one simply believes every word which falls from his perfect lips. What a treasure the man is to the entire film industry, especially to India.
on January 26, 2017
Though I watch a lot of international films, I don't really watch much in the drama or romance genres. Jab Tak Hai Jaan ( or Until my Last Breath, I believe roughly translated) was an exception. It has a slow but steady pace, well done and enjoyable musical numbers and excellent cinematography.
For those who are new to Bollywood films, the film's production quality is exceptional and on par with other big Hollywood productions.
As for the story and characters, it reveals itself more casually than I'm used to, but it doesn't drag out unnecessarily for the most part. I feel there could have been more depth to the main characters, mostly Akira, and I would have liked there to be more focus on the supporting characters given the film's length (about 3 hours), hence the 4 instead of 5 stars.
As for myself, I find this film to be excellent for relaxing to or have playing in the background while I am working and would recommend it for a casual evening.
on January 17, 2013
i am a Bollywood Fanatic. I love SRK and Anushka. This is a great movie that you have no idea where it is going until the last 60 seconds. I have already watched it more than once and will be twice more over this Holiday weekend.

It is a shame that Yash uncle died. It is the passing of an era.
11 comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 8, 2013
It's very difficult to find a movie that SRK can't save and Chopra can't direct. This movie, as much as I wanted to love it, did not deliver. I personally blame the plot, Katrina Kaif's acting is no where near the par of SRK. There was a definitely a female-actress presence in this movie-but it was Anushka Sharma not Kaif. Her and Shahrukh could have made this movie better- despite the flimsy plot. The plot did not jive. SRK is supposed to be, easy going free-spirited guy that breaks Kaif from her ritzy, rigid life reveals to her the person she really is. They fall in love and then things take turn and then 'Intermisssion'. Just did not see Kaif as having ritzy, rigid life, and did not see any contrast between her before she met SRK and after so I did not get the 'swooping in and saving girl from her life' effect. It was difficult to displace myself and believe what the movie was selling as it was all centered around Kaif making promises to God in exchange for something she wants- she can't break the promise or something really bad happens. If God worked on us making and breaking promises- this world would have ended a long time ago. It was a very silly point to hang a two hour movie on. Usually these movies have multiple sub-conflicts to add depth to the story and characters.

The second half of the movie was the best part with SRK/Anushka.

The music was- again- okay. I really think they just brought in Katrina for the dancing- which is her only dominating skill-set in the movie.
It's worth a peek- just to see it. Rent it from your local Indian Video store- good luck finding one ;)

Overall- the casting, plot line and yes even the directing didn't sync together well to create the magic Chopra usually makes- Charm, Love, Music, Laughs. But God Bless that man for all the romance he brought into this world. My kids will be watching all his classics.
on March 3, 2017
This is a story of Love where the Heroine misguided the conception of Love. Bargaining with God for the sentiment of heart is ignorant. She makes the affection of her heart waits 10 years before she recognizes she is wrong thank God for the persistence of the Hero to wait that long for her. At the ending it is beautiful they reunited together which is the Heart of the story.
on December 23, 2013
It was great to see ShahRukh take on the persona of two distinctly different characters in this movie. This first was a carefree, loving individual and the second a much more serious and tightly wound individual. The dance number between Shahrukh and Katrina in the first part of the movie was fantastic! I've never seen Shahrukh perform a dance number quite as athletic as this before and this was my first time ever seeing Katrina dance. Of course it was also the first time I'd ever seen Shahrukh Khan actually kiss a woman in any of his movies, which was a bit of a surprise (part of his charm is being able to make love to a woman without actually kissing her)

The soldier in the second part of the film reminded me of the Jeremy Renner character in the Hurt Locker (i.e. a fearless bomb defuser). I liked the dynamic between the soldier (Samar Anand)and the Anushka Sharma (Akira) character. I was kind of rooting for her to "get the guy" but you knew that wasn't going to happen in a Yash Chopra love story.

Yash Chopra love stories always have beautiful scenery in them and this was no exception. One of my favorite parts of the film was the tribute to Yash chopra in the closing sequences of the movie. I'm glad this was a 3-DVD Set so that I could see the making of the dance and song sequences and the tribute to Yash at the premiere of the film.
on September 29, 2015
I had put Jab Tak Hai Jaan on my list of Bollywood movies to watch a while back, mainly because I liked Anushka Sharma in Band Baaja Baaraat and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and SRK in RNBDJ and others. It was also the last film the legendary Yash Chopra directed before he died. While scrolling through to find something to watch a couple weeks ago, I watched the trailer for JTHJ and just had to watch the film. The trailer is awesome :) Overall, it was an enjoyable movie. The story had was interesting and had a slight twist I wasn't expecting, plus the acting was also good. Mostly, I loved the music (composed by A.R. Rahman) - so much that I bought the soundtrack the next day. It's hard to pick a favorite - Heer and the title song are beautiful and haunting/emotional, where Ishq Shava and Jiya Re are great to dance along to.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 26, 2015
Oh My! This is another good one. This movie has it all; it will draw out and force you to go through every emotion you own... anticipation, falling in love, laughter, anger, longing and of course -- a blubbering snot-fest of heartbreak and back around to the emotional high of love -- All of it. Again, SRK has grown into a mesmerizing presence that makes it easy to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride! Love, Love, Love!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 18, 2013
When I first watched this in the theatre, I did not enjoy it. (I am not a big fan of Katrina Kaif. However, in watching it again, I enjoyed the beautiful cinematography that only Yash Chopra can catch. (I will miss his directing and storytelling immensely. He was a very classy director.) Anuska was a delight. Her youthful exuberance was on point, and the character she played was delightfully annoying. What can I say about SRK? Outstanding as always. Just wish his character had another name besides Raul. LOL