Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 362 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 435 reviews
on September 6, 2012
This motion detection light is perfect for my use. Rather than leave a light burning when we are out of the house at night, all we have to do is approach the back door, and the light senses us and lights up the way. This light is no "nightlight", it lights up our entire breezeway, so we aren't going to trip on something before getting to the door. If you're looking for a nightlight, look for something with fewer LED's that takes less batteries.
on October 30, 2012
I was seeking a good way to light a small closet with no AC. I didn't want to have to switch it on and off, so motion sensing seemed like my solution. This product does exactly what I needed. I like the fact that it takes 4 AA batteries. Some units use expensive, low-capacity button (hearing aid) cells or AAA cells. This guy should run for a long time on 4 AAs, unless it wastes too much on the motion sensor. I hope I won't find that out for a year. The product is VERY cheaply made. I was afraid I might crack the case removing the battery cover and putting in the cells. But that shouldn't be a problem if I only need to touch it once a year.
The delay on the auto shutoff is about 10 seconds. I was expecting 30 seconds, but it is very sensitive and comes on or stays on when I'm anywhere in or near the closet, so I am happy not to waste more energy and drain the battery sooner. This is bright enough to pick the right color shirt on the top rack, but can't light the bottom rack, so I will probably get another one. But it is NOT bright enough to light a larger six-foot closet. It would be bright enough to light up a hallway for a few feet and avoid tripping over things.
review image
on July 20, 2016
This Ivation automatic light is one of the least expensive favorite things I've ever purchased.

I needed it for a laundry closet that doesn't have a light, which also conveniently turns on as I reach the top of the stairs and it turns right on.

I used removable commando Strips to attach it to the wall inside the laundry closet with Velcro to remove and replace the batteries when necessary. The batteries have lasted for the hundred or more times I've passed it on the past 2 months. Hoping they last long as the light turns off soon after you set the sensor off and move passed it or it Will stay on so long as you keep the sensor on. Also you can turn it on manually but I prefer the sensor. The sensor works very good.

I paid more than the current price Amazon is selling it for, and for the current $7.99 I highly recommend it.
on May 6, 2016
The motion detector has a good range (read the instructions--don't block it and don't let it get hot such as next to a vent) and the light is quite bright.

I put mine at the bottom and top of a staircase which has no outlets, so there was no convenient way to get motion lights for the stairs. (It goes to a dark basement.) I just came back to Amazon to order more, as I have 2 closets with no lighting.

[P.S. Try mounting them close to the floor for hallways and stairs so that the lights don't blind you or completely ruin your night vision.]

Of course this takes batteries and you have to mount it yourself. The light only stays on briefly so the batteries will last a long time.

If you want an excellent WIRED wall unit, try this, I own 5 of these:

on August 4, 2016
I bought this for the cargo area of my 2010 RAV4. The vehicle has a very small light on the rear hatch and unfortunately, when the door swings open it leaves the cargo area dark. I bought some Scotch brand Velcro strips and fastened it to the side wall of the cargo area. When I open the door, it senses my motion and provides plenty of light. If you use this in the trunk or cargo area of your vehicle, it does work very well but you will need to buy some sturdy Velcro strips since the fastener that comes with it is not sturdy enough to hold up to all of the bumps and jostles from the road. The 4 AA batteries also last a long time. I've had this product for about 2 years and it has held up very well.
on August 8, 2013
I bought this for a closet with no exposure to outside light. Even room lighting provided minimal visibility.

Installation was easy, add 4 AA batteries (not included), put two mounting screws in the closet ceiling, set the light to "auto" and slip it in place. Opening the closet door is all the motion that is needed to activate the light. It's not real bright, but serves its intended purpose.

This light turns off after 10 seconds of "no motion detected" instead of 30 as described.

Don't trust the Velcro if mounting this on a plastered wall or ceiling, use the included screws!
on May 12, 2016
I got this light so that if I get up at night, I don't have to fumble for the light switch to the hall in the dark. It comes on as soon as I pass through the door.
It's not blinding bright, just enough so you can see where you're going. It does exactly what it's made for. Nuff said.
on May 22, 2016
Not as bright as I expected. Because it goes off so quickly, it really is ineffective as a true nightlight that would stay on long enough to guide your way down a hall in the dark. Adequate as closet light as long as I wave my arm every 10 seconds to turn it on again.
on May 26, 2016
I purchased two to put at the top and bottom of my basement stairs. I am often carrying something too large to be able to also switch on light switch, and instead of trying to elbow it, I put up these motion sensor lights. They work perfectly. They turn on a few steps before I get to them and are quite bright for their small size. The only issue I had was that I used the included velcro to attach them to the wall, but one fell off after a few hours. I switched to command strips to put them up and that has worked perfectly. There are screws included as well, but I really didn't want to add holes to my walls, so I opted out of using those.
on August 11, 2013
I have 2 of these right now at my house, one in the hallway and the other in one of the rooms. These things with the 8 LEDs are super bright and motion detection works great. It automatically comes on when we're at the bottom of the stairs (nearly 20 feet) or when we're leaving the bedroom. Pretty convenient especially if you don't want to fumble around in the dark to get to the light switch or just need some light to get around.

The only downsides (and not really such a big deal) are that you can't set a timer like the other HIPE lights (although the other ones only have 6 LEDs instead of 8 like this one) and the motion sensors detects a bit too well - meaning any slight movement it sees will trigger that super bright light which can be daunting at times. Other than that, we love it here so far and shall be getting another one soon to brighten the hallway up even more.

Also keep in mind, these are definitely way too bright to use for night lights and not quite as bright to be use as room lamp substitutes.