- File Size: 904 KB
- Print Length: 163 pages
- Publisher: Pronoun (May 11, 2017)
- Publication Date: May 11, 2017
- Sold by: Macmillan
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071474972
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #248,004 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $1.00 (33%)
Price set by seller.
In His Heart: A Novella (Finding Sam) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I received an ARC of this book from the author for my my honest review.
Detective Josh Morin has nightmares from a failed drug bust that leaves him weak knowing he'd never got to say "I love you Olivia Firelli" to the woman he'd crushed on since eighth grade. Josh had thought he had a chance with the beautiful Livvy, but then the shooting happened. Who would want to be stuck with a cripple like him? Livvy will never forget the night she found out her best friend Josh had been shot in the line of duty. After a heart to heart conversation, the handsome Josh confesses "I want you. All of you" but Livvy has conditions ... Josh isn't allowed to wallow in self-pity or think he's a cripple just because his injuries haven't fully healed yet. Just when Josh has a new lease on life, he gets attacked when he comes home and interrupts a break-in. Josh takes Livvy up on her invitation to stay at her house. Josh informs his former lieutenant about the break-in and learns of a rumor that his dirty ex-partner had stiffed someone of $1 million. Whoever is after the money won't stop looking until they find it. Will Livvy and her baby daughter be safe now that Josh is living with them? Will Josh be able to solve the mystery of who's behind the attack?
In His Heart is suspenseful, sweet and steamy. Liz Durano reeled me in with an interesting plot and engaging characters. I highly recommend this book.
I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book
I really liked Josh, he was incredibly well written and very likeable. He was struggling emotionally at the start of the book and although he was full of self-pity it was understandable. The author did an amazing job of pulling him out of this funk and turning his life around. I didn’t connect with Olivia quite so well, I didn’t ‘feel’ her emotions as strongly as I did with Josh, however I did still like her as a character.
It was very clear that Josh had feelings for Olivia that he had kept hidden from her for years. I wasn’t so sure how long Olivia had reciprocated those emotions (could be me being dense though!). Their relationship felt a little rushed to me, although they had been friends for years and getting close over the previous year or so. But because I hadn’t ‘experienced’ this it felt too quick. However these two characters do appear in Book 1 of this series and I wonder if I had read this first if I would have felt differently. In fact I enjoyed this book so much I will definitely catch up on the first book as soon as I can.
I really loved Josh. He has been in love with his best friends sister Olivia for a very long time. But she moved away, got married and had a little girl. Her husband quickly died in a car accident and as a result she came back home. .....Josh's expartner at work (who was dealing with drugs) got killed, Josh was seriously hurt resulting in him having to walk with a cane. He still loved Olivia but he pushed her away before and now with his leg he thinks he's a cripple and is useless to someone like Olivia. But she still loves Josh and has made it very clear that she's not tolerating beside pushed aside anymore. However, someone is still trying to collect from the drug deal and comes after Josh thinking he knows more about the drug money.
How will this end? Josh doesn't want to put Olivia or her daughter in harm's way but she not leaving his side again. I loved this second chance/friends to lovers romance. Very sweet and light. I voluntarily reviewed an early copy in exchange for an honest review
Olivia has had feelings for Josh ever since she was a child but when he refused to see her as anything else but a friend she moved on and got married, had a daughter and is now a widow.
Josh’s one regret after being shot is that he might die without telling Olivia that he loved her so now the time has come once and for all to decide if they are friends or soul mates and where they go from here.
This is a wonderful story of two people who were always meant to be together. The characters are well developed and the combination of love, chemistry and suspense make this an enjoyable read. I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Most recent customer reviews
After being shot while undercover, Josh is having a hard time.Read more
I didn't read Finding Sam first, so took a bit to understand everything.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Short Stories
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories