- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
His And Hers CD
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
power of her voice. My whole hope was: I m going to get eliminated immediately, but they might hear her sing, he says, now four years into
a career as her Joey+Rory duo partner, and a decade into life as her proud husband. The couple far surpassed his expectations, Joey+Rory
taking third place and subsequently signing with Vanguard/Sugar Hill Records. Over two studio albums 2008 s The Life of A Song, from
which single Cheater Cheater is culled, and 2010 s Album Number Two country fans have indeed come to know Joey s crystalline belt.
They ve also come to know Joey+Rory as a couple, rooted in an 1870s Pottsville, Tenn., farmhouse, Rory writing songs and tinkering with old
cars, Joey gardening or baking bread at Marcy Jo s Mealhouse, the local restaurant she owns with sister-in-law Marcy. But with the new His
and Hers, due out via Sugar Hill, listeners will get fully acquainted with both Joey and Rory as individually arresting lead singers,
Joey taking the fore on half of the album s tracks, Rory s warm, approachable vocal helming the others.
Top Customer Reviews
Then I read how Joey had had cancer, but had overcome it.
Then for some reason I wanted to watch the video and hear the song again and that is when I discovered a few months ago that this song now was completely their reality.
Joey and Rory had first it when their friend, a well known and loved songwriter, had written this for his wife, when he'd been diagnosed with cancer and it became incurable.
They were so moved and thought that they HAD to record it because they just knew it was going to be a pivotal song for people going through the same thing and it would be inspiring.
Rory has now been blogging about the situation with Joey and I experienced a gut wrenching pang when I read Rory admitting that he'd had no idea that this song they'd chosen to inspire and encourage others would become a song for him.
The entire album just gives you a brief glimpse into the joyful lives these two share, entirely based upon sharing each other's gratitude for the other and thanking God.
Joey does, when you get to learn more about her, seem to be someone whose always had one foot on earth and one foot in Heaven and Rory has admitted that though he can only aspire to her level of faith, this whole ordeal has strengthened his faith, as well as brought him to see the otherworldly love and support of their already amazingly supportive fans.Read more ›
The husband and wife teem of Joey & Rory have their own original and pure sound
that delivers old fashioned lyrics ~ brilliantly.
In continuing the originality of their music Rory has written or collaborated on 7 of these 12 tracks.
And on this C.D. Rory has been featured more often then on their past releases.
This collection is truly "His and Hers"
1. Rory self-penned his moving solo of "Josephine"
which is a descriptive and heartbreaking account of the Civil War,
in a soldier's letter sent home to his wife.
2. "Waiting for someone to come" ~ a slow and soft romantic love song.
3. "Someday when I grow up" ~ featuring Rory in a cute tune about "not growing up any time soon".
4. "Let's pretend we never met" ~ an up-tempo, adorable, romantic song.
5. "A Bible and a belt" ~ a story of learning respect by means of "A Bible & a belt".
6. "When I'm gone" ~ Joey's beautiful voice is featured on this ballad.
7. "Your man loves you, honey" ~ a cover of the self-penned ~ top ten hit in 1977 by Tom T Hall.
8. "Love your man" ~ up-tempo song, about keeping a marriage strong.
9. "Cryin'smile" ~ sentimental moments of life.
10. "He's a cowboy" ~ the tale of a cowboy's life.
11. "Teaching me how to love you" ~ the sweet tale of life's experiences preparing one for the love of their life.
12. "His and hers" ~ how the lack of togetherness can effect a marriage.
This latest album from Joey and Rory is yet another refreshing set of uplifting, ~
insightful ~ and thought provoking ~ quality country music.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What a loss to country music fans to hve lost Joey. I still tear up when I hear "When I'm Gone".Published 8 days ago by Hellzapopn
Songs and music are wonderful just like they are...highly recommend this CDPublished 13 days ago by patb
Was bought as a gift. Good for anyone who likes gospel music.Published 14 days ago by M. ROSENSTEEL
only disappointment was that there are other artists featured, like tom t. hall, (who I really like, also)........but, I would have liked pure joey and rory, thruout, more.Published 1 month ago by Arizona Dee