Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Historic Photos of the Chicago World's Fair
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

86%
14%

on August 14, 2012
The pictures are so awesome I just wish that there were more text. I am very intrigued by the 1892 Chicago World's Fair and the descriptions of "The White City". I am so sorry that most of it was burned to the ground in the decades that followed.
This is a perfect coffee table book.. anyone can pick it up & thumb through it and enjoy the photos and descriptions. I hope many people will. As Liz Lemon would say: "I want to go to there!"
on October 23, 2012
Exactly what I had wanted. I had read The Devil in the White City and was facinated by the construction of the buildings at the Chicago Worlds Fair and wanted very much to see what they looked like. I could only imagine what an undertaking it was but with this book I was able to actually see the enormity of it all. Simply fascinating! I had looked at several books on Amazon on this subject and was glad I spent the little extra to get this hardcover one.
on February 16, 2013
I received this book for Christmas after placing it on my Amazon wish list. I read the book "Devil in the White City" and wanted to see pictures of the Chicago World's Fair that was in my head. This book is filled with incredible pictures and a history of what has to be one of the most amazing feats of architects and crafts people ever built and then destroyed in such a short period of time. I would highly recomend to anyone who has read Devil in the White City.
on March 21, 2013
I didn't hate the book, but it was not all that it could be or what I expected. There were no knockout photos. Just a humongous amount of very pedestrian long shots, it seemed taken from far, far away. Also the photos seemed overly grainy, as though they were bad reprints.
on February 11, 2015
Fascinating collection! I giggled at the reviewer who was disappointed in the "grainy" shots. I almost wonder if that was a troll making a joke? I'd love to see a collection of NON-grainy photos taken in 1893.
on February 19, 2013
The historical photography exceptionally demonstrated the World's fair and rhe beautiful white city. The sculptural quality and artistic skills used in creating it were unrivaled.
on February 1, 2016
I LOVE EVERYTHING about the Chicago World's Fair and these pictures do not disappoint! I still have trouble envisioning that these buildings ever existed!