- Hardcover: 384 pages
- Publisher: The History Press (2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0750945273
- ISBN-13: 978-0750945271
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.4 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,167,369 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Historical Dictionary of Aviation - from the Earliest Times to the Present Day Hardcover – 2008
Wiley Architecture, Construction, & Design Sale
Save up to 40% on select architecture, construction, and design guides during August. Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
Billy Bishop (p.55) attended, not the "Royal Military Academy", but Royal Military College of Canada at Kingston, Ontario.
Canadair (p.78) did not produce "Rolls-Royce Avon-powered versions of the F-86 Sabre"; Canadair's Sabres were powered, not by Avons, but by Avro Orenda engines.
Raymond Collishaw (p.96) flew with the Black Flight of No.10 Squadron, Royal Naval Air Service.
Douglas McCurdy (p.207) flew the "Silver Dart", not the "Silver Duck" on 23 February 1909.