Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Mount & Blade - PC forum

Historical RPGs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2010 12:14:59 AM PDT
Possibly my favorite kind of video game for any console is a historical roleplaying game. By this, I don't mean games which are set in history and let you make a couple choices. I mean games that are genuinely historical and let you make up your own character, or at least customize them and make alot of choices which change the outcome of the story. The game should also not have any "weird" stuff, like zombies, freakish enemies or science fiction, though they cuts out some decent historical rpgs like Assassin's Creed and Gun. I had alot of hope for Assassin's Creed, but the whole DNA stuff just completely turned me off. Gun I very much liked. It had great graphics and gameplay, and not all missions were fighting - like the farm-hand missions where you round up cows and such, like an actual cowboy would do. If it were me, I would make my own line of historical rpgs set in different periods. For example, I would have a Viking game where you make up your own character, gender and all, start as a teen, advance in the society, get your own house, family, etc., then set off on a Viking ship to raid for resources and glory. And make it all historically accurate. I really wish they'd have these games. Ironically, to me the most "historically" realistic rpg is Oblivion.

That's my two cents.

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 10:15:59 PM PST
totally agree with you. I love fantasy rpgs but right now I want one that's historically accurate only based on history but I dont really like strategory kind. I want an rpg one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mount & Blade - PC forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mount & Blade - PC
Mount & Blade - PC by Paradox (Windows 2000 / Vista / XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars (175)