- Series: Columbia History of Urban Life
- Paperback: 422 pages
- Publisher: Columbia University Press; Reprint edition (April 15, 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0231062974
- ISBN-13: 978-0231062978
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.7 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,134,458 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A History of Housing in New York City Reprint Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Housing, historically one of most perplexing problems, turns out to be a fascinating perspective from which to assess our incomparable city. Professor Plunz provides an erudite, revealing, and relentlessly engaging portrait of a great urban place and its people.
About the Author
Richard Plunz is an architect and a historian teaching at Columbia University where he has served as the Chairman of the Division of Architecture. He recently edited Design and the Public Good: Selected Writings by Serge Chermayeff, 1933-1980.