BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

History Pockets: Colonial America, Grades 4-6+
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 3, 2014
I teach 2nd and 3rd grade and the History Pockets are a great resource - especially for Core Knowledge schools. I find the content most appropriate for high functioning 3rd graders. I can't imagine a 6th grader doing some of the activities. Some seem too primary for that old of a kiddo.Crafty and hands on, much better than worksheets.
on May 6, 2008
My fifth grader loves colonial American and Revolutionary war history. with all the reading she has been doing on the subject, I found this a nice way to provide some projects for a learning portfolio. For someone homeschooling with a curriculum such as Sonlight that focuses a lot on books, this can add some crafts and color to the program. Don't expect that this book will be all you need to cover the time period, it doesn't replace a curriculum or good library books, but it is a great complement for a history program.
on December 6, 2016
My son is in 5th grade and he loved doing the colonial America history pockets! I am homeschooling him, and we used the history pockets to add to the history program that we are currently using. It has been a great addition, and my son has really enjoyed the projects.
on November 22, 2016
I'm a homeschool mom, and I love all the Evan Moor books! (I don't recommend for a classroom; way too much prep work!) I have several of these pocket-style books, and they're great for the elementary levels! Heck, a few of the "assignments" can definitely be used at the middle-grade level...writing and critical thinking. They're great at introducing and giving you the main points on a subject/topic, and then you can use other reference books/reading to explore the subject deeper. My son likes to do the colouring or the "crafts" while I read the teacher reference guide/student info sheet to him, or while I read "one of those other" reference books to him. As a wee bit of a side note on the Evan Moor books: I used to be a substitute teacher, and all the teachers used the Evan Moor books quite a bit! My son often came home with worksheets from school that he had done the previous year at home because I've always schooled him at home during summers, etc with the EM books!
on June 7, 2017
The package arrived on schedule. The activities are fun and cute and compliment our curriculum choice. Great way to liven things up. Very pleased.
on January 25, 2017
Awesome! So much fun for the kids and they learned so much!!! This book has so much great information!! The only complaint I have is that it takes a ton of paper to make 31 of these.
on February 7, 2014
I am a homeschool parent and bought this for my son. He has a variety of learning disabilities with comprehension at the top of the list. This workbook of activities guides the teacher through hands-on activities that support reading material. It really helps enhance and encourage the comprehension aspect for us. The projects come out in a lapbook-style finished product and it is great to see the sense of accomplishment on my son's face! I also like the opportunity for some creative input on some of the activities. The Fast Facts that are included make recall easier as well. I ordered more for future history lessons!
on February 19, 2013
The projects in this book make learning U.S. History more fun than just using a textbook. Students are engaged and they enjoy the process of creating items for their pockets. I chose this book because students are tested to death these days and they need to enjoy something in school besides recess :) The only drawback is that the projects don't go into much depth, but that's o.k. because I can provide that when needed.
on May 10, 2016
Arrived as promised in good order! A great product for my granddaughter who has a mild form of autism. She will be able to relate to material found in this fine product. May order another.
on August 10, 2012
It is a great way to immerse the students in Colonial history. The students will learn to do crafts practiced by colonial people and biographies of memorable people during those days. I made a teacher model using the project book and it has cross-curricular materials that can be done during art and music as well. This book is worth buying and am sure students will enjoy working on this project.