Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Hitched and Hunted Mass Market Paperback – April 5, 2011
|New from||Used from|
100 (Fiction) Books to Read in a Lifetime
AbeBooks.com, an Amazon Company, recommends a unique list of must-read books. Learn More on AbeBooks.com.
Customers who bought this item also bought
ï » ¿
On the day Jake Cooper said "I do" to his beautiful bride, Mariah, their future happiness seemed certain. But Jake always wondered what she wasn't telling him. And what it would take for the truth to come out
Hoping to build a new life with Jake, Mariah thought she was free of the demons from her past. But when they were kidnapped and held at gunpoint, Mariah knew it was time she came cleanwhatever the consequences. Her vow to confess was cut short, though, when bullets started flying and they were forced to run for their lives. Desperate to survive and not fall victim to the man hunting them, Mariah realized just how much she'd gained having Jake in her life. And how much they both had to lose.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The good stuff:
1. I loved Jake and Mariah Cooper. Watching an already married couple grow into there relationship not away from it is always refreshing. Pushing past their barriers to fall even more in love with one another was romantic even more than some stories were the couple is in the first moments of love or lust. I love the scenes with the two of them together they were the best moments of the book.
2. Seeing members of the family including Luke with the brothers rallying to find Jake. Downside is there could have been more of that. Seeing Gabe and JD still dealing with the death of JDs wife and the role Gabe played in it. Also makes me so look forward to Gabe and JDs upcoming books.
The crazy stuff:
1. Why did Mariah lie? The reasons were crazy. She did nothing wrong nor could be seen as wrong. She even testified against the
bad guy. I would have liked a better reason for all that craziness. Like she was in witness protection and couldn't tell or something.
Come on. She lied about so much of little consequence it made believe she was just a prolific liar instead of a woman that had
something to hide. There is a fine line even in books between lying and hiding something. It makes me crazy all the lying this
character did. Then there was Jakes lying to himself that would have actually really been good if her lies were not stupid. IMO.
2. The bad guys was a Henry Higgins gone mad? Not very believable. His obsession with her made little sense although I guess
most obsessions make little sense. People are just crazy. Still there was a lot about this guy that doesn't make sense. (I can't for
the life of me remember his name at the moment, but as soon as i'm done with this it come right back)
3. I hope it make sense later why she brought JDs dead wife into this bad guys world. It felt badly placed as if just to pull this book into the next two. Also, would have been better if it was placed as an accidental find instead of another crazy lie or lie of admission from Mariah.
I know I have knocked the book around quite a bit but the romance between Jake and Mariah made the story good even if some of the details lost some of the impacted the book could of had. It is also part of this Cooper Justice series which for HQN is quite good and a lot of fun.
Bottom of line good read even with the craziness.
So when Victor, the man who murdered her boyfriend all those years ago, turns up when they are on a fishing trip without little Micah, Mariah knows it isn't going to end well.
This is an action fest, with Jake and Mariah first caught up in a tornado in the small town of Buckley, hours away from home. IN the aftermath, they run into Victor who intends to make Mariah pay for putting him into jail for manslaughter.
From there, Jake and Mariah are kidnapped, on the run, hiding out, injured. All the while trying to figure out what this means to their marriage. Because all the lies and evasions are over. Only the truth will help from now on.
We get to see more Cooper boys briefly and of course we get our Happy Ending.
Jake Cooper fell in love with Mariah even though he knows she is holding something back from him and that is going to cause real danger for both of them. They find themselves kidnapped and handcuffed in the back of a van by a killer and that is when he learns the secrets Mariah is hiding and they may not live to settle things.
Mariah was hiding her past because she did not believe Jake would love and marry her if he knew the truth and she really did not think Victor would find her. Victor had taken Mariah in when she was alone and needing help. He taught her how to survive and to changer her life but then when she fell in love with someone else he killed that person. Mariah had testified against him and he had gone to prison for a while. Now he is determined to kill both her and Jake.