Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hiteker TL23K1-DTP 23-Inch 1080p LED-LCD TV/DVD Combo
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on November 27, 2012
I ordered the tv on Sunday afternoon - delivered Tuesday afternoon - thanks Amazon and fed ex.
Now to the tv: I am not tech savy when it comes to putting things together. Im really kinda old but willing to learn. Nevertheless, I called my cable company and they sent someone immediately because I needed to switch to an HD box! Before the guy came, I was able to remove the tv from the box, set up the stand and lift all. This tv is light weight. Must place on stand if not on a wall because there is a neck coming from the bottom of the tv that will not allow sitting without the stand. Complaint: being black, it was hard to see and I ended up on the floor balancing the tv on my leg while inserting the screws and tightning. (It actually wobbles but I was told by the cable guy it is normal for todays tv sets to do so. Hhmmm...) Fortunately, after putting together, I was able to get back up! Whew.

The cable guy came ( and no, it wasn't Larry) and switched out boxes and the set up thereafter was pretty easy. I will still need to tweak as I discovered that some programs are worse than others when it comes to picture quality. For now, it remains on standard.
I tried the DVD part and the cd went in easily but again needed a flashlight as tv is black and things are hard to see. I expect to get used to this and it will not become a problem. The tv did not eat the cd and the picture was great! Easy to get out as well and back to a tv station.
Important to read the booklet just to keep yourself doing the proper pushing of buttons. The menu is clear on the actual tv screen and the booklet also duplicates each menu so you can see what is what. Complaint: wasn't able to do away with a 2nd clicker...need both cable clicker and tv clicker with various actions. Have to play with it.

The sound on this model is good - it is capable of becoming real loud if volume is adjusted high but then, Im in a small space so do not need nor want loudness. Also noted the sound leveler must be working because I was not blasted when the commercials came on. At my age, my ears have had enough what with concerts back in the day, well you get the picture.

The 32" screen is really a 32" screen! Quite lovely to actually get what is advertised.

All in all, for the price, I got everything I wanted and will cross my fingers it stays working. If not, I will be back with an update of my review.
Hope this is helpful to anyone considering a Hiteker. Ambiance is the company out of the Netherlands and appears tv has German components although the tv clicker was made in China...aaarrrghhhh
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
I bought this for my 10 year old son's room. I was concerned the quality would not be great because the price of $139 was so good. The quality is very good for the price of this TV. If you are not looking for a fancy HD TV this is the way to go!
on November 27, 2012
TV has good picture on SD with Direct TV. I haven't hooked it up to HDMI HD yet. The sound quality is marginal. The DVD player is real noisy when it is loading and changing positions. While it is actually playing the movie it doesn't make the noise. The picture quality on DVD is good. Having said all that, for $139.00 not a bad deal, worth the money.
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2012
The size is small but its still a nice little tv. You have to either mount it on a wall or put it on the included base. The base is easy to attach more so then a slightly bigger RCA television I received last month.
There is an included screw but you'll need a Phillips screwdriver. As far as the built in dvd player goes, shiny side faces the screen and you have to kind of nudge it. It doesn't grab it as easily as the other one i have.
The picture is ok but its not awesome. It can go quiet loud with the volume and it stays pretty clear.
A remote control is included and if for some reason you need them there are all the buttons you need on the side of the tv.
You also get 2 HDMI inputs plus you can connect the tv to your pc, a camcorder, video game systems and other.
Overall its a nice little tv great for a camper, small room or even a bathroom! It also only takes $6 a year worth of electricity to operate and that's fine by me.
on November 28, 2012
good bargain for the price. audio, picture all adjustable. comes with remote and two aa batteries which i thought was a nice touch. it's a great little t.v. it's no plasma but it does what i wanted it to and looks great and sounds great and dvd player is good as well. i recommend it.
on February 16, 2013
I use this in my kitchen to play DVD's while I cook. I sent the first one back after a week because the DVD player was so loud you could hear it turning over the sound of the movie. Then it started to skip. I assumed it was defective. Received the second one, which isn't much better. If the movie is a "quiet" film (not Action), I can still hear the DVD turning. I'd be surprised if this lasts 6 months.

It does have a nice picture, but the sound is limited. I play it at full volume at all times. Even at that, it's sometimes hard to hear just a few feet away.
on November 30, 2012
I chose this rating because the picture is great and the dvd works flawlessly. It does what I wanted it for. I kept coming back to the Toshiba after doing research. But at $265 it was a hard swallow. I did see it at Croupon for $229 but that is still $90 plus tax after what I paid. I also liked the fact that the Toshiba had better sound specs than all the other tv combo options. I could not find the sound specs on the Hiteker but at the price decided to buy since I could always hook up speakers if I wanted to the headphone jack as someone had suggested in another review. The sound spec on this tv is 2x3watt if anyone is interested. The speakers are in the back. It also does have a usb but it is labled service. I wanted a usb connection for my camera but was not absolutely necessary since I have other tvs that Ican do this with. I purchased an HD antennae to use with this tv since I have it in an area where Ido not have a cable connection. Ican pick up local channels in 1080i with it. I purchased the Homeworks(HW110AN for $10. I wanted a tv combo because my son kept tearing up the portable dvd players that I got for him. Mainly he would tear up the ac/dc chargers and I would have to buy new chargers. So I wanted a tvdvd player that was hard wired. This tv is not hard wired like I tought it would be. It has a cord that looks like the charger for his portable dvd that plugs into the back of the tv. At this point I will not subtract a star for this. The dvd player does not make any noise like another reviewer suggested his does. The dvds start up right away no problem, no noise. Ordered on TDay and arrived the following Thursday night. The dvds play in 720 so far that I noticed with 60 refresh rate. I like the fact that this tv had 120 refresh rate but not sure if it ever uses it. Another thing I noticed is that the remote works on my samsung and vice versa. This leads me to believe Samsung is involved somehow with this product????????
I would recommend to anyone wanting a dvd player for their kids. If you have a normal plug in your vehicle this tv is light enough to travel with you. Might be a little big though. You can always order the 19 inch.
I normally do not write reviews but decided to this time because there is basically no info out on this product and I am happy with it and thought Icould save some other people some money by not purchasing a name brand and being happy wit the money they saved.
on December 28, 2012
Size: 19-inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
During my brief testing of this 19" LED backlit HDTV/DVD combo I found it to be an acceptable device for the current price of about $85. Picture quality is ok but not great while sound quality was pretty good for its size. There are lots of input choices including a USB port and headphone jack. Build quality of the TV is surprisingly very good however the remote felt somewhat flimsy. Native resolution is 1366x768 however it does accept 1080 sources and scales it down. This TV has 4 holes on the back VESA 100 style for wall mounting. The stand assembles using a thumbscrew, no screwdriver needed. Overall not a bad HDTV/DVD unit for the price but video quality is only average.

General guideline for good overall image quality.

Contrast 15-20
Bass 100
Treble 100
Transparent 100%
on January 21, 2013
The product arrived on time and is packaged well. The instructions leave a lot to be desired but, hey, it's a TV and shouldn't really need instructions in the first place. I mounted this unit on the wall using a Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB Wall Mount Bracket. After a few weeks, here are my observations. The TV works fine. I am concerned that the DVD makes a slight "whirring" sound when in use, but the DVD plays fine. You have to be right next to the unit to hear the sound, so I guess it isn't a problem. Mounting this unit on the Wall Mount Bracket was unnecessarily difficult. Almost all TV sets include a set of screws to attach to a wall mount. The screws a either in the back of the TV for future use, or they are used in rod that secures the body of the TV to the base it sits on when shipped - not this unit. If you want screws to mount it to a Wall Bracket, then you either need to get those screws with your Wall Bracket kit (the Cheetah Mounts kit I purchased comes with a set of screws) or buy them at a hardware store. I know it isn't a big deal, but Hiteker should anticipate it's cutsomer's needs and include things like that - they are about the only manufacturer that doesn't.
on January 17, 2013
We re-did the back bedroom in our house as a room for the grand kids. They are still very young, so I hung this on a wall too high for them to reach. The picture quality is excellent, the DVD player works great, with a very small external antenna in a very rural area it picks up a lot of channels. I can't complain and for the price strongly recommend it.We bought the Square Trade Protection Plan for it as well, just in case the kids do manage to climb up and do something to it. It's a nice size TV for a small room to keep the kids occupied while they are playing.