Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Hitman: Absolution - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 53% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Contracts Mode-Create your own custom hits by choosing the level, targets, weapons and the rules of assassination in an innovative new online mode where created contracts can be shared and the money that you earn will unlock weapons, upgrades and disguises
- Freedom of Choice - Stalk from the shadows or rush in guns blazing thanks to fully-evolved game mechanics and a sophisticated AI-System that responds realistically to every tactic you employ
- Experience a Living, Breathing World - Robust and memorable characters spring to life on the screen with an outstanding cast of Hollywood performers, ensuring every moment becomes a story in HITMAN: ABSOLUTION
- Disguises - A huge variety of disguises, you can impersonate your victims and blend into the world around you, affording you new actions, options, and the element of surprise
- Instinct Mode - Predict enemy patrols, identify weapons and escape routes, and temporarily enhance your disguise--even engage in “Point-Shooting,” making full use of your skills as an expert marksman to clear entire rooms with stylish efficiency
Special Offers and Product Promotions
HITMAN: ABSOLUTION follows The Original Assassin undertaking his most personal contract to date. Betrayed by the Agency and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself pursuing redemption in a corrupt and twisted world.
From the Manufacturer
HITMAN: Absolution follows cold-blooded assassin Agent 47™ as he takes on his most dangerous—and personal—contract to date.
Betrayed by those he once trusted and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself caught in the center of a dark conspiracy and propelled through a corrupt and twisted world.
Donning the suit of this legendary assassin, you become a deadly marksman with the ability to blend into plain sight, kill with your bare hands, and fashion weapons from almost anything.
Take on the role of Agent 47 and his many extraordinary talents, then ask: what kind of Hitman are you?
- Blend In: Impersonate your victims and hide in plain site. A huge variety of disguises offer you deep strategies, new options, and the element of surprise.
- Improvised Weapons: Turn everyday items into instruments of death. Unique weapons can be found anywhere, meaning exploration can pay off in amazing ways.
- Instincts Mode: See the world through the eyes of the ultimate assassin. Predict enemy patrols, identify escape routes, temporarily enhance your disguise - and focus your “Point-Shooting” abilities to unleash a barrage of insanely accurate shots.
- Choice: Approach every level in your own unique style: Silent Assassins, you can prey from the shadows and never leave a trace. Action Junkies, go in guns-blazing through the well-guarded front door. Undetectable or unrelenting, what kind of Hitman are you?
Top Customer Reviews
CONTRACTS: This is a new addition to the game, which allows players to choose their own targets to take out. Plus, the player can also choose what weapon to use and how he may go about taking out the target. For example, a player can choose to take out a target, but NOT be seen by anyone, when doing so. This achievement will earn the player money for purchase of new disguises, weapons and upgrades. During the campaign, it is best to find as many weapons, items, and disguises as possible, so they will not have to be purchased in this mode.
GAMEPLAY: The game is powered by the Glacier 2 engine, which is highlighted by the physics of CPU AI movements. The movements of 47 are very swift and responsive. In fact, many of 47's movements can be compared to how Sam Fisher's movements are in the Splinter Cell games, which means players can now access cover and look around at a 360 angle. I would also compare the sneaking around to the Metal Gear games, as well. In this game, there are just SO many ways to go about taking out a primary target. On one level, I was given the option to take out a target in 12 different ways.Read more ›
1. Many, many hours of gameplay for those with perfectionistic tendencies about their hits. A few of the challenges (our of ~250) felt a bit grinding, but in general the challenges were extremely fun to beat and added a lot of replay to the game.
2. The spirit, and original voice actor, of Agent 47 is still there. Big plus. Sure, he's been slicked up in high-def, but the same cold-as-ice deadpan voice and distant demeanor is captured.
3. Don't expect a mimic or reboot of past Hitman games. The bar has been raised in video games since 2007, and Absolution integrates novel gameplay like 'spy vision' (think Dishonored and the new Batman games) and 'slowed-time shooting' (think Red Dead Redemption). The new additions more than make up for the loss of extensive weapon customization (although you can do this to some extent in the 'Contracts' play mode).
4. Beautifully rendered environments and stunning cutscenes. My PS3 was obviously at the limit of what this gen of consoles can do.
5. Interesting and well-planned contracts - essential of course! A couple times I had to pause the game after laughing for a while about an ingenious...er...success.
6. Hilarious, tongue-in-cheek dialogue*. There must have been hundreds of mini-conversations throughout the game.
7.Read more ›
I bought this game today and I will keep it! I played this only for 4 hours and I don't make a real review for this game here. This is more like a message for those who liked hitman 2, hitman 3 or any other stealth games and yet not sure if they want to purchase hitman absolution - Go Get It.
This game has a very clever story, nice graphics, solid frame rate, picture looks very smooth. The game has the best sound effects I have ever heard in any video game before, in my opinion even better than in battlefield games. It has 5 levels of difficulty for every type of player. Conversations in this game are just the best. Every guard, police man, etc has something going on in his mind and they all talk to each other, it makes you feel like every AI that you pass or kill or interact with in any way has his own problems, manners, etc. I always stop and listen to them, it's fun and sometimes they share some information that helps you to get closer to your target. I did not play contracts mode yet, this should be fun too, compete online with other people create contracts or complete contracts other created... you get the idea.
This is a high quality product.
Sorry about my Russian, I mean English lol. Happy Holidays!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
THE best Hitman game so far. So many ways to complete missions makes this game addictive. I've beat it several times and still play it a lot. Read morePublished 1 day ago by gspfunk
I grew up as a teen with PS2 and all 3 Hitman games on there. This game added some nice much-needed features (a better choice of difficulty levels for one) and for the most part... Read morePublished 1 month ago by METRo