Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 373 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 451 reviews
on February 5, 2014
So I bought this game originally on the PC, and then recently on the PS3. I only got into this game recently, due to the fact that I honestly am not a fan of any of the previous titles. I bought the first one forever ago when it was still new, and then I bought the PS2 Triple Pack of the last 3 in the series, but I didn't like any of them. I felt as if they were ultra scripted in every detail of what you did, and I just could't get into that style of gameplay. Having said that I have to say that everything I hated about the previous games has been removed. This game really gives you the feeling of choice. The greatest part of this game is piecing things together, something I really enjoy in video games. I like being able look into all the different possible ways I can kill these guys. Like for example, you may be able to kill a guy behind the alley when no ones looking with your piano wire, or you could wait for the target to put himself into a situation where you can set up a trap that appears as though it was a simple accident. Like putting poison in someones drugs and other cool things. I have read that hardcore fans of the series didn't like this game, which suggests to me that it was a niche series to date. But from someone who hated the previous titles, I can honestly say that should they make another Hitman game, I will definitely be pre-ordering it after playing Absolution.
on October 12, 2014
I haven't bought a next gen console as there are so many great ps3 games available that are dirt cheap.

I know Hitman has a long history, but I haven't played the previous games and cannot state how this compares. The graphics and cut scenes are beautiful. The voice acting of 47 and the other main characters are well done. The story is good and takes about 8-10 hours to complete. I enjoyed the variety in approaching each mission, in that you can try to remain undetected by sneaking up on enemies, hiding their bodies, taking their disguises by wearing their clothes and slipping past enemies. You can also go guns blazing and take on everyone in some great firefights. There are lots of unique objects lying around to pick up and us on enemies as well. I played one level with just a golf club and another with a fireman's axe. There is a lot of re-playability for the perfectionist gamer, in that you can replay the level to remain undetected, and there are a number of creative ways using the environment to assassinate your targets.

A few negatives I have is that while the game encourages you to play the game in a stealth manner by giving you more points for completing missions in this fashion, it is very easy to just start shooting up the entire level. Missions can be completed much quicker in this way. I am sure on the higher difficulties this would not be an option, but I often found myself resorting to this to beat a mission and move on. This is in contrast to other games like Tom Clancy's Blacklist, which really force you to remain disciplined and complete the level in a stealth manner as you are overmatched if you get into a gun fight. While that may not be for everyone, I felt a greater sense of accomplishment in beating a difficulty mission in Blacklist, as it required multiple attempts and patience. Again on higher difficulty I am sure Hitman forces you to do this, but there are other games I want to get to try out on the ps3 and didn't take the time to replay them over and over.

Bottom line, Hitman Absolution is a fun game and for $12 on amazon it is worth it.
on July 26, 2014
I love stealth based action games and assassin type games, especially modern ones, so this was right up my ally. This is also the first hitman game I have ever played so I wasn't sure what to expect. First off:

Story: I enjoyed the story for the most part, the cut scenes were good, so was the script and they got some great talent for the voice actors as well. I didn't get too invested in it because its fairly linear. 8/10

Graphics: I know this game is a little older, I always buy used unless its a Black Friday deal, but even than I get games at least a year or two after they've come out to save money, so the graphics were good for the most part. I did notice some objects or people would get stuck in a wall or something every now and than but 8/10 for the most part.

Gameplay: Here is where I didn't know what to expect, I figured I would be killing a lot of people in a lot of different ways, and for the most part, thats true, but there is a heavy stealth aspect as well. Sometimes games like this frustrate me because they put such a heavy emphasis on stealth it takes away from what the franchise is really about, killing people in cool ways. When I lose points for taking out a grunt because as a hitman you're supposed to make it as if you were never there, it gets kind of annoying. Eventually the game just becomes you hiding from everyone to take out a single target, imagine playing an assassin game where you only kill 12 people (one for each stage) in the entire game! Now of course you can go loud and kill everyone with machine guns and explosives but its more or less not the way square enix wants you to play its game.

One aspect of the game I really liked an always wonder why its not offered in more games is the ability to change outfits and blend in with the environment. Don't like sneaking around corners or underneath boxes? Why not take out a guard and put on his uniform??? Well duh! Of course you can't just put on a new uniform and roam freely killing as you wish, you can arouse suspicion by being where you don't belong or not doing your "duties", which is ok for the most part sometimes I am under suspicion and my meter is feeling up and I don't know where I am being seen from its the worst. I wish they would show where the suspicion was coming from if they had a shadow or an arrow pointing in the direction of it that would be helpful.

There are tons of guns and weapons you can use in this game but the game doesn't make it very clear on how you are scored, if I killed someone in a certain way I might get bonus points, or I might get penalized, its all up in the air, I would imagine they were hoping it would make you want to replay the game more but for me it was just frustrating and made me want to play more safely because I knew killing this person or that person would get me the most points instead of trying something new that might hurt my score. The game does offer a list of things that you can try to achieve points but they are various ways you can play. If you wear 5 different uniforms for instance I believe you get a chameleon achievement, or if you only wear a suit you get a different bonus, the only thing about these bonuses is that you have to commit to them usually which means, unless you play a level multiple times you have to choose which style you want and stick with it. I would've preferred to have several achievements that could be obtained through a single playthrough as opposed to multiple playthroughs.

I think the reason why this game did not receive as high remarks is for the reasons I listed above, as a Hitman I really only used my guns once or twice throughout the entire game, simply because the game awards players more for getting up close and personal and incapacitating by strangulation. Although there are a number of items you can strangle someone with it does get old. I would've loved to have a sniper stage, or a stage where you didn't have a stealth option and you had to shoot your way out of an entire building, and were awarded for it but thats not the type of game this is. 8/10

Replayability: I didn't really do much after completing the game, simply because I wasn't aware of what else could be done, well actually you can replay stages or something thats kind of cool, other players can create stages and targets and you must complete them in certain ways. I tried a few of them but it just felt the same as all of the stages I had already played within the game. So after playing this game I sold it pretty quickly. I would've loved to play different game modes like a survival type game killing waves of enemies, or a randomized game mode that put me in a building with a bunch of bad guys and a weapon would randomly generate every few seconds that I would have to kill someone with, or a sniper stage, or multiplayer of some sort, just something fun and different, not the same gameplay that we have to create ourselves. Not that I really dislike what they included, it just wasn't for me. 7/10

Conclusion: I got this game after playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, which IMO is far superior to this game and offers tons of replayability and much better stealth gameplay. Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting similar gameplay to splinter cell, I just thought I'd be assassinating people left and right and get tons of points for it, but sadly that wasn't the case and was rewarded more for not killing and staying in the shadows. There were some great signature kills that Agent 47 performs in this game though, and I think this could've been an amazing game, but as it stands its still a good game, but if you're looking for stealth look elsewhere and I personally like the assassins creed games even though they're not modern hitmen they're still very awesome at killing. I would recommend renting this game or if you feel that the other game mode is for you than buy it.
on December 25, 2012
After playing through approximately half the game, I too can attest that this game was not the Hitman experience I was expecting and grew to enjoy through the last two installments - Contracts and Blood Money. The game has a much more linear story line and several new gameplay elements. Half the game so far has been killing targeted people (almost always the most despicable of degenerates) in any variety of way the backdrop would allow. The other half of the game involves a very "Metal Gear" style of play: sneaking past police or henchmen to get to a certain checkpoint. Though I greatly prefer the assassinations, escaping police or maneuvering from Point A to Point B is also a lot of fun because the developers reduced Agent 47s ability to rely on costumes to gain what was essentially invisibility amongst the rest of the level's characters. In Absolution, even if you don a policeman's uniform, you must still tread lightly among other cops who could recognize you as an impostor. I think it makes the game more realistic, challenging, and a lot more fun. Other additions include a vastly superior shooting interface and weapons menu and a plethora of trophies to earn by completing missions in different ways.

While assassinations missions give you the option to take out your target in a variety of ways, the levels are significantly smaller than in previous Hitman games. Fortunately what they lose in pure size, they certainly make up for in level of depth and detail. You can technically circle through all of Chinatown in less than a minute but there are still lots of hidden alleys, different weapons, and interactive parts of the environment to explore and experiment with.

Because I have not finished the game, I cannot comment on the entire story. I so far agree with other reviews that the characters are shallow and repugnant; to the point where you just feel dirty viewing the cutscenes featuring nothing but gratuitous slaughter and sexism. The characters are also all to similar to each another. I would have preferred a greater variety of targets than just drug dealers and rednecks. By comparison, Blood Money featured a much classier and diverse set of targets and in settings such as a vineyard, an opera house, the suburbs, and a casino -- much grander venues than the seedy hotels and even seedier strip clubs of a run-down Chicago in Absolution.

I have maybe partaken in one or two "contracts" in the online segment of the game and did not have much fun. The targets were boring and I don't like being restricted or "challenged" to use certain weapons or outfits. I believe that the contracts that allow for my personal preference in execution is what makes the Hitman series a lot of fun. I would have also liked getting the stories of why I'm eliminating certain targets. When a contract has me take out one of the maintenance men at a hotel, it is hard to get much satisfaction out of the kill without some level of context.

I hope to finish Absolution by the end of the month and will publish some further notes as I work my way through the remainder of the game. Overall I am having a great time, really enjoy the level of detail in every level, and will definitely run through the game two or three more times to see if I can improve my scores and find all the different ways to complete each assassination.
on November 13, 2013
STELLAR! That is the word that comes to mind. To all the naysayers of this game, you are in the minority. This game is great. The visuals are so great. Rain that looks like real rain falling on objects. Watch the train pass by in Chicago and it looks like a real train passing you by on a platform. The weapons are great. My favorite are the throwing objects. Grab a knife and if a henchman gets suspicious and starts following you, you can turn and throw to eliminate the threat; axes too! One of the targets was about to off one of the innocent street vendors and I threw my knife to save the day, eliminate the target and he went straight into the sewer. I was in awe. This is the first game I have played on PS3 as I waited til PS4 came out to get it cheaper and I don't recommend that because the enemy AI is great. They hunt, backup arrives, they take cover, they dive, they shoot around corners and above objects they crouch behind. I know this game has elements of assassins creed and red dead redemption, but this is without a doubt the best game I have played to date. It is a masterpiece.
on November 25, 2012
First of this is one of the most beloved/hated series in video game history. So I knew reviews and people's opinion of this game would be all over the place. My best friend picked up this game first and he said it sucked and wasn't worth the wait. I told him I'll play it first and I'll be the judge.

I was immediately blown away. Graphics sound story are everything I wanted. This hitman game is like the perfect offspring of batman arkham asylum and uncharted. The atmosphere and stealth gameplay is like batman. The cinematics and overall level design is closer to uncharted. Now I know that's not what diehard hitman fans want to hear. But for a fan who loves batman uncharted and hitman this is one of the best games this year.

I would recommend this game for anyone who enjoys stealth story and style. But rent first to be even safer. Don't allow anyone to decide for you.
on February 15, 2013
(See threw the eyes of A killer)Think like a killer, Act like a killer, Walk & Move like a killer; Be Invisible, Quick, Smart, Creative, Tactical, and Clean in your pursuit as you Progress into new adventures and challenges and get lost in character as you Become the Hit Man!!!!!
This Video game is Great. Its fun, has a different style of game play and viewpoints of the assassin (player) than most other games out there, its tactical, challenging, can be competitive, & so realistic in action & unpredictive in motion that you will never know what will happen next & can play the same bored 5 times & get a different outcome each go with many different options to take that places you in control at all times to apply different tactics & strategies for a better approach And\or out come.
You will love this game Especially if you wear a fan of earlier classic PS2 Hit Man games. This PS3 up grade is flawlessly reproduced and gives you an edge on how a stealthy killer should behave and react. The game play is that of its former brothers classics with much smoother handling & control of the player, Better action movement and is also up to par with game play, the style, the theme, & the basics of what Hit Man is all about!!! So I give this game a 5*. Stars

(1 Star) is for
the stelar Graphics: Visual aspect of the game, the themes, the uniforms, & the realism the game...

(2 Stars) is for Game play, smooth handle & control of player, the realism of features & background movement of characters and player.

(3 Stars) is for the creative functionality and story line and jus the overall design and flow of the game

(4 Stars) Is for the presentation of the game that its very similar to previous Hit Man games with enhanced capabilities and features that we have come to love

(5 Stars) because it's worth the money you spend!!!!! Great Job For the Hit Man Franchise
on January 19, 2014
I started playing this game from strictly the stealth angle and I found myself getting a little frustrated and bored. Once I started mixing up the stealth and action 50/50 I started enjoying it a lot more. The graphics are good and the controls are excellent. It'd be nice to replay levels and try to get better skills and points by being more stealth if I was into that so stealth addicts should find a lot of satisfaction. For a great mix of gameplay, I prefer games like the Last of Us and Far Cry 3 but this was still worth the small price that I paid for it. There's many ways to complete a level but I still found some of the levels to be too small and either too easy or too hard, depending on how I tried to execute it. Either way, it's a good game and worth a try for anyone that likes similar games.
on October 1, 2013
It's been a long time expecting another Hitman game. Probably gamers who didn't play the previous games wont be that excited but for fans like me it was a great experience. The story was great and the soundtrack was really awesome. Voice acting was also nice for this game. I really enjoyed some of the new characters created for this game. I also loved the way you have three or five ways to kill a target on each stage. Finally, It was cool to see some easter eggs like Kane and Lynch in the game.

I wont give 5 stars to it because even if I'm a fan, I expected a little more in graphic details. The game has some glitches and some missing animations that are not proper of current times. Animations like opening a door or grabbing things should be present on every third person game today. Sometimes also the bodies behave strange. Finally, AI behaves real stupid sometimes. It could be a lot more fun with a better AI for advanced difficulties instead of the same stupid AI with less controls for 47.

Anyway, I'm sure fans wont be dissappointed, and as far as for first timers I would say that if you liked games like Manhunt, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, you would probably like this one too.
on September 22, 2013
I have had so much fun with this game, which I think is one of the best games I've played in the past 5 years. Many 'purists' of the Hitman series may think its the worse one, but to each their own I guess. I grew up playing games since 1990 so I've played a ton of retro games and have grown up with the revolution of our games. I bought (and subsequently traded in) the Hitman Trilogy boxset, and thought the original Hitman games were horrible (despite being universally praised). I probably would have liked the game if I bought it to play when it first came out, but in today's games standards, I think the old games are archaic in design. I grew up playing random battle RPGs, which I hated to an extent, but can't stand it now and won't even try one anymore because I've become accustomed to today's conventions of on-field monsters and live action battles. Same kind of thing going on here for Hitman Absolution. Hopefully Hitman series will continue and make a compromise in some way to please new and old fans of the series. Of note, this is one of few games (in the last 5 years, and really, in general) that I replayed in its entirety, and on the hardest difficulty. This game is that much fun!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.