$ 99 $19.99 Save $7.00 (35%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $4.98. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Contracts Mode-Create your own custom hits by choosing the level, targets, weapons and the rules of assassination in an innovative new online mode where created contracts can be shared and the money that you earn will unlock weapons, upgrades and disguises
- Freedom of Choice - Stalk from the shadows or rush in guns blazing thanks to fully-evolved game mechanics and a sophisticated AI-System that responds realistically to every tactic you employ
- Experience a Living, Breathing World - Robust and memorable characters spring to life on the screen with an outstanding cast of Hollywood performers, ensuring every moment becomes a story in HITMAN: ABSOLUTION
- Disguises - A huge variety of disguises, you can impersonate your victims and blend into the world around you, affording you new actions, options, and the element of surprise
- Instinct Mode - Predict enemy patrols, identify weapons and escape routes, and temporarily enhance your disguise--even engage in “Point-Shooting,” making full use of your skills as an expert marksman to clear entire rooms with stylish efficiency
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
HITMAN: ABSOLUTION follows The Original Assassin undertaking his most personal contract to date. Betrayed by the Agency and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself pursuing redemption in a corrupt and twisted world.
From the Manufacturer
HITMAN: Absolution follows cold-blooded assassin Agent 47™ as he takes on his most dangerous—and personal—contract to date.
Betrayed by those he once trusted and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself caught in the center of a dark conspiracy and propelled through a corrupt and twisted world.
Donning the suit of this legendary assassin, you become a deadly marksman with the ability to blend into plain sight, kill with your bare hands, and fashion weapons from almost anything.
Take on the role of Agent 47 and his many extraordinary talents, then ask: what kind of Hitman are you?
- Blend In: Impersonate your victims and hide in plain site. A huge variety of disguises offer you deep strategies, new options, and the element of surprise.
- Improvised Weapons: Turn everyday items into instruments of death. Unique weapons can be found anywhere, meaning exploration can pay off in amazing ways.
- Instincts Mode: See the world through the eyes of the ultimate assassin. Predict enemy patrols, identify escape routes, temporarily enhance your disguise - and focus your “Point-Shooting” abilities to unleash a barrage of insanely accurate shots.
- Choice: Approach every level in your own unique style: Silent Assassins, you can prey from the shadows and never leave a trace. Action Junkies, go in guns-blazing through the well-guarded front door. Undetectable or unrelenting, what kind of Hitman are you?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You can be a gunslinger or a stealthy agent. That flexibility is very appealing to me.
The missions are challenging and the story line is good.
You can play on various different difficulty levels. The game provides good challenge, and
the higher difficulty setting provide a real tough challenge.
In addition to the story line, there are contracts, which are assignments that are designed with specific requirements by the developers as well as other gamers. You can compete in local and global leagues, as well as design your own contracts, that you can share with your friends.
Overall, a very fun game with enough challenge to keep you entertained for hours.
For prospective buyers who have played previous games in the series:
-This game has very LINEAR levels and even the 2-3 "sandbox" levels are small (for comparison, there is probably not a single map bigger than the "New Life" level from Blood Money)
- Most levels are not assassination levels, rather "point A to point B" levels
- Disguise are now useless as people can see through them instantly, forcing you to play the game like Splinter Cell
- There is no/limited strategy in completing missions
- The soundtrack is awful and not unique to the level
- To much emphasis on humor/silly characters i.e. it is not dark like the previous entries were
For newcomers to the franchise, I am so sorry that you have to play this game and this is not what Hitman is/was. Anyways, if you do not care about the previous Hitman titles, then this game will keep you occupied for a long time if you try and play it right (I have around 30 hours). It is a unique experience to those not familiar with this franchise and might get people more interested in upcoming Hitman titles.
-Kept me playing for ~30 hours
-They brought back David Bateson
-Some of the kills were cool
-It only cost me $15
-Everything I listed above
Graphics were amazing on my Vizio 80" HDTV, the lighting effects, rain effects, thunder and lightning flashes both inside and outside buildings drew me right into the game as though I was actually there experiencing all of this, the satisfaction in avoiding, stalking, and taking down enemies unseen was second to none.
Audio via my Panasonic SC-BTT490 Home Theater System (ramped up to one of the highest settings) was deafening, the intricate layouts of the levels although sometimes seemed overwhelming due to how many routes were accessible became very easy to adjust to as you found certain ways around were just too damn precarious.
This is one of those games you have to master in a variety of ways in order to be successful so the more exploration you do the better your chances are of success.
The level with the "Killer Nun's" was definitely one of my most favorite levels, starting from a blazing motel and ending up in a field of scarecrow's and other elite killers was absolutely amazing.
If this is the way the Hitman franchise is looking to go I can't wait for the next installment on my Xbox One.
5 Stars worthy and very simple achievements - none of which are overly taxing.
First, the game crashed on me multiple times - a couple of times while auto saving! This corrupted the game save file, making me have to start over a couple of times. Thankfully I wasn't very far along both times, but it was extremely aggravating. The fact that you can't manually save compounds this problem.
Second, the controls are somewhat clunky. Sometimes you don't feel like a smooth assassin, but more like a puppet master pressing buttons to make the Agent do tasks. When using cover, you would expect him to stop at the corner of whatever side you are on. Instead, if you hold a direction just a split second too long, he will round the cover, often getting in plain sight of what you were trying to avoid.
Finally, the "stealth" missions are very hit or miss. Sometimes fun, sometimes very frustrating. The controls just don't work well for hiding, and the gameplay mechanics don't really coincide well with stealthy approaches. Specifically one where you are in the hospital seemed excessively difficult for me, and required numerous restarts. I felt like I only beat the level cheaply, by disguising myself and using all my instinct to blend in at the end of the level. Just felt clumsily done.
Overall, I think it is a decent value at the $35 I paid. Have not played any of the Contracts levels, which should add more replay value.