Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Hits

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 199 reviews
on December 6, 2015
It is highly unlikely that you are a Joni Mitchell fan and do NOT have this CD. If, perchance, that is the fact of the matter, you need to resolve that situation. Yes, it is a compilation of hits that you likely have on other albums, but you will find these just a tad different from what you are familiar with.

The companion CD entitled 'Misses' is another must have. Just the cover photography is worth having. Ms. Mitchell may well record only to cover the costs of her painting endeavors, but her photography is just as precious.
on January 4, 2017
Unlike many of my generation, I have never been a huge Joni Mitchell fan. However, I have recently been in the mood for more relaxing music of the late 1960's and 1970's. This album was exactly what I needed. I have been surprised that I knew and enjoyed so many of the songs. I highly recommend it for anyone like me who wants a basic Joni Mitchell album.
on July 24, 2014
If you only listen to one Joni Mitchell album, it's got to be Hits. This is a wonderful album for the uninitiated to experience the voice and guitar work of the artist Joni Mitchell. The silky soprana will mesmerize from the first cut "Urge for going" (a very underrated acoustic delight) until the final "Both Sides Now", one of her more commercially successful songs. I have always appreciated Joni's vast musical talent through the years, and this collection will leave you wanting more...like Court and Spark, one of my favorites.
Joni's paintings, featured on many of her albums, are another amazing talent of this "prairie girl". Check it out...
on March 13, 2017
I listen to this over and over...hearing new words missed way back when..........
on April 18, 2015
Joni Mitchell was in the news recently and I decided to remind myself what a great singer she is! Amazing work! Love this album. Going for "Misses" next.
on July 12, 2013
What can i say; Joni was one of the early/GREAT/extroardinarily talented & creative female folk-rock turned pop-rock singer-song writers of her generation (60s thru 80s but actually well beyond 1990). What a sweet voice, lovely face, trippy take on life and our culture & even world issues/song writer she was & probably still is! I had a truly hard-crush on her back in the 70s/80s while still a single 'dude', and as a life-time singer & lover of catchy melodies, what i would have done to get the chance to actually sing or harmonize with her on stage or in the recording studio.

Joni wrote about as many 'classic-catchy pop tunes' as anyone during that period, and this big and very well recorded compilation is truly the best recording and deal to own & listen to (nu or via a used CD). It covers most of her big hits, spanning 25 yrs or so up thru the late 80s, most of which/if you listen to the samples on Amazon, you'll want to hear again & again. Bravo Joni, bravo Amazon; 'people just gotta be free'!! Enjoy!

Lee Stern July 2013
on June 20, 2017
Really good album! They got a lot of the best songs
on April 4, 2017
Joni Mitchell, need I say more? Just outstanding!
on April 22, 2016
Love Joni Mitchell's music. This was a good collection for someone that would like to have some songs from the different periods of her career. The only weird thing is that I bought the CD, and the disk had the correct labeling, but the music burned to the disk was not Joni Mitchell. It was some type of disco style music. Never had that happen before. I used the download anyway, and can make my own disks, so I really don't care.
on February 26, 2014
When I read about the latest Pop Princess [surrounded by their music machine promoters] announcing a tour or new release to satisfy the demand of their fans, I wish I could make them sit down and watch and listen to Joni and try and grasp how real talent works. It includes writing and arranging your material and playing the music yourself. Then I'd have to tell them to get over themselves and run along. It's not a fair comparison because a performer like this does not come along often. This collection was a pleasant reminder of a rare talent.