Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

Phil Collins - Hits
Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 26, 2012
I resisted this for a long time because of what's missing but finally gave in and got it.* Missing, of course, are "I Missed Again", "Don't Lose My Number", and "Do You Remember?", among several lower-charting hits. But, at 74 minutes, there was probably only room for one more song. I feel that "I Missed Again" should have been that song: it was Collins' first solo hit and one of his best.

Over time, "True Colors" pales even more in comparison to the other songs here. However, it was hardly unusual to include a new song on a hits disc and it did become a sizable Adult Contemporary (and minor pop airplay) hit.

What's here are the bulk of Collins' biggest chart hits through 1998 ("You'll Be In My Heart" came after this was released), and they are great. This collects soundtrack hits from "Buster" ("A Groovy Kind of Love" and "Two Hearts") and "White Nights" ("Separate Lives", a duet with Marilyn Martin). It also includes "Easy Lover", the #2 duet with Philip Bailey, from Bailey's album "Chinese Wall".

When these were hits, I was actually a bit resentful of Phil Collins' saturation airplay. I couldn't understand why other pop/AC icons I enjoyed, such as Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, and James Taylor, could barely dent the chart while Collins and Lionel Richie were played constantly. Of course, this was a radio programming choice and had nothing to do with the artists. I have grown to appreciate these songs more over time. Phil Collins didn't look like your typical Top 40 pretty boy, and pulled off this string of hits with humor, class, and taste. As of 2012, sadly, pop radio is as deaf to Phil as it was to the above stars back in the day. This should have been a 2-disc set, with all Phil's 28 chart hits plus some LP cuts like "Like China" from "Hello, I Must Be Going".

*Now I see that there is an import 2-disc set that has most of the hits this is missing. With the exception, oddly, of "Take Me Home".
on January 1, 2016
I have a LOT of CDs. I am slowly replicating them with MP3 files. Some I rip myself as they are not even available in MP3 format,
but others I am getting from Amazon Music.

Love that you can just buy the songs you want. At times I buy the entire album, but sometimes just certain songs.

Thanks again Amazon for giving customers what they want. BEATS THE HELL OUT OF ITUNES FOR SURE.

>^..^<
on July 27, 2017
Phil Collins is such a great musician. He can do it all.
on July 27, 2017
I love this classic song by Phil Collins.
on May 1, 2017
The album is good, but the case had a crack in it.
on April 13, 2017
A classic to have handy. Great music.
on March 3, 2017
Love me some Phil C
on February 28, 2017
Phil is the best I guess
on August 14, 2017