Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 28, 2015
I feel completely cheated by this product. The dimensions given in the product description (and also written on the product box) are 15"x11"x4.5". I took out my measuring tape and measured the dimensions of the product I received in the mail. Mine is 12"x8"x4.5". Also, the Amazon product description (and also the product box itself) describes the product as a "memory foam pillow". The tag on the pillow, however, indicates that the contents are 75% polyurethane foam and 75% polyester fiber. It is really dishonest to call a product a "memory foam" pillow when a quarter of it is nothing but fiber fill. I am a side sleeper, and when I tried out the pillow in my usual sleeping position, my neck felt strained within a matter of seconds because, unsurprisingly considering the high content of fiber fill, the pillow sinks down and does not support the head. The travel case that the pillow fits into is a good idea, and the pillow does indeed squish into the case, but it's made from super low quality material with sloppy stitching and a flimsy plastic buckle, so the whole thing seems like it will break after just one trip. This product is absolutely not worth the $30 that I paid for it. I would maybe pay $12 for a product of this quality. I am really disappointed because I chose this product over many other options because I thought I could trust the HoMedics brand after having had really positive experiences with their pillows in the past. Do not waste your money on this product!
on May 7, 2014
I started travelling with a memory foam pillow because I fly a lot long haul without the luxury of business class. I also used one to drive over 2000 miles from Houston to Orlando. I used to suffer a lot of pain in my lower back when sitting too long and this pillow idea, placed in the lower back, solved the problem. Unfortunately the one I was using was misplaced in transit so I replaced it with the one I am reviewing. Maybe I am comparing oranges to apples but this one just doesn't seem to have the same feel of support or thickness and it's also a little bit smaller. Having said that it does a good enough job and was a lot cheaper than its brand name counter part.
on July 5, 2014
LOVE this little pillow!! I don't know why some people are complaining and if they didn't check the size before ordering? I don't know what to say :( I bought this for myself as I'm a breast cancer survivor who hasn't had successful reconstruction as of yet. I'm using it to provide support for my chest when I sleep and it's so, so comfortable!! It squishes down quite a bit which is great for me and I'd totally use it on an airplane - LOVE it!! Don't hesitate to grab it for $13 bucks, it's a great deal! And for the people that complained about the smell? I have allergies and an extremely sensitive nose (has to be fragrance free, no perfumes etc) - I did notice a 'slight' smell when I opened it up but after airing it out for only a few hours (and flipping it once), there is no smell whatsoever. Fantastic pillow!! :)
on August 3, 2014
Because I am of the age when many things can result in a pain in the neck, for years I have slept in a thin, small pillow. I ordered one of these thinking it might be a little better than the old one I was using and I WAS TREMENDOUSLY PLEASED. It is flexible and has given me several weeks of no pain in the neck. I see no reason why it will not last a long time.

I was disappointed to learn that the pillow I paid $14.99 for has almost doubled in price almost overnight. I had planned to buy a second one for travel. Now I have to rethink that.
on May 14, 2010
This is a nice pillow. This pillow is a great item to have when traveling. I like how it comes with it's own bag that you can roll the pillow into. It may take a few times to get it in there just right, but it makes it small. I also like how the bag itself has a clip on it, so I can just clip it to my backpack and not have it take up room in my bag. This pillow did come with a little bit of a smell, but I have aired it out a few days, and it is fine now. It isn't as nice as the real memory foam pillows, but those cost $80 or more. It does mold to your head, or back and it feels nice to lay on, and doesn't go all flat like some imitations do.It does come in a pillow case, but I made a pillow case for it out of some material, sice the case does seem to attract dirt to it, though you can put it in the wash (the case only). When I am on vacation I don't have means or time to wash it much, so the material pillow case is perfect. It is a soft pillow case on it though, and the pillow is a great buy! I plan on using it more during this summer. It will be used on the plane and at the campsite!
on October 29, 2014
Delivered quickly - well packaged. We ordered 2 of these in advance of a vacation that involved a 4 hour airport layover. They were somewhat more comfortable than our micro bead neck pillows and these did help us get a short sleep, so I recommend the product. That said, for $25 at Sam's Club, I recently purchased a full sized Serta Side Sleeper Memory Foam pillow.. just slightly more $$ than I paid for this product - but triple the size, much better quality, gel infused, etc. Obviously the Serta is too big to travel with, so the HoMedics travel pillow is playing to a niche requirement... Bottom line, I liked it, but I feel it's very overpriced.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 29, 2009
We needed an AFFORDABLE rectangular shaped memory foam travel pillow that included a fitted pillowcase and a travel cover. We have been traveling with this one for 3 months and feel it was definitely a great value and a wonderful travel pillow!

You can tell by the density that it is not the same as our TempurPedic brand items BUT it also doesn't carry their hefty price tag either, so if it gets lost somewhere in our travels it won't sting the wallet too much for a replacement.

These are the items included in the box:
1 rectangular memory foam travel pillow
1 white velour pillow case (zipper closure, removable & machine washable)
1 black nylon travel cover (zipper closure/machine washable)

The travel cover requires you to roll the pillow up like a Hostess Ho-Ho and insert it into the cover (which is also shaped like a Hostess Ho-Ho) then zip up the cover. It takes a little practice but is worth the effort to save space while traveling since we keep it in our carry-on bag.

FYI: We use this pillow for lower back lumbar support for on the plane and as an extra pillow for comfort at the hotel.
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 24, 2011
Received my pillow a couple of days ago. I needed a small pillow for lumbar support with my office chair at work. It had to provide comfort and some "give," without flattening out on me. I wasn't disappointed! This fit the bill to a T. No, it isn't the "memory foam" I've seen, but I'm glad, because memory foam would not have provided the support my lower back needed. Love the fact, too, that it came with a zip cover for washing, but like other customers, I'll try and have a pillow case sewn up for me so the original doesn't get soiled (it's too pretty!). I like this pillow so much, I'm ordering another one for the car. I haven't tried rolling it up to fit in its carry case, but that's a great idea for travelers. Hey...this will make a great gift, too -- so I'll be ordering three more!
on September 5, 2012
The packaging and including the "all new material" label sewn to the pill state this pilliow is 15"x11"x4.5". Actual dimensions are: 13"x9.5"x4.5". I purchased this to use as a seat cushion for my office chair for extra padding. I sit for 9+ hours a day and wanted something to help out. It still works, but the dimensions were a bit smaller than what I was expecting. Otherwise, the pillion seems well constructed and seems quite comfy.
on January 17, 2013
My preschooler needed a pillow for school and this one was recommended by his school. I opened it and it smelled awful. I wish I had purchased an organic pillow as I usually would but they can be very pricey. I didn't think this one would hold up to a machine washing and wouldn't dry if hand washed and was more worried about remaining dampness causing mold. So I put it in the dryer with a load of wet sheets. This removed the smell. I use the pillow case it came with and put a cotton pillow case over it to double up. It's a good size for my toddler and it's soft, he hasn't complained. I wouldn't buy it again though or buy it for my own traveling. The travel case is small and I couldn't imagine trying to squeeze it down and stuff it in the bag while sitting in your seat on the airplane.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.