|Item Weight||32.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.2 x 8.2 x 11.2 inches|
|Item model number||500548|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Hobart 500548 Airforce 500i 115/230 Volt Plasma Cutter
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Inverter-based design and reliable technology pack a lot of performance into a very portable package.
- An economical plasma cutting system for all conductive metals.
- This power source adapts to your work site by operating from either 115 or 230 VAC power through standard household outlet using the Multi-Voltage Plug (MVP).
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
AirForce 500i Plasma Cutter With MVP (Multi-Voltage Plug)
The AirForce 500i is an economical plasma cutting system for all conductive metals. The inverter-based design and reliable technology pack a lot of performance into a very portable package. It excels at cutting thin sheet metal to 3/8-inch mild steel plate, and can even sever cut 5/8-inch mild steel.
Cutting Sheet Metal with the AirForce 500i
Multi-Voltage Plug - Runs on 115V or 230V
This power source adapts to your work site by operating from either 115 or 230 VAC power through standard household outlet using the Multi-Voltage Plug (MVP). Changing the plug requires no tools - easily install the plug that fits the receptacle.
Easy to Set-up and Use
The AirForce 500i is easy to setup and use. Just plug-in the unit, connect the compressed air supply, ground the workpiece, pull the trigger and cut.
Benefits of Plasma Cutting vs. Oxy/Fuel
Cuts any conductive metal. Cuts faster than oxy fuel. More precise cut, thinner kerf, less slag to clean up. Smaller heat-affected zone for less warping. No gas pressure settings or flame tuning needed. No preheating of metal prior to cutting.
What's Included in the Box?
AirForce 500i with MVP, HP-50 torch with 16.5 ft (5 m) lead and consumables, 16.5 ft (5 m) heavy duty work clamp, Extra consumables (2 electrodes, 2 tips), 1 airline fitting, 10-ft. (3 m) power cord with 5-15P (115 V, 15 A) and 6-50P (230 V, 50 A) MVP plugs, standoff guide, and owners manual.
MVP Cord Shown w/ 115V and 230V Plugs
- New Inverter Design - Weighs only 27.8 lbs.
- Capable with Engine-Driven Welders - Complete cutting capability when powered by an engine-driven welder with a 240 V generator power outletof 6 kW or more.
- New Ergonomic Torch
- Multi-Voltage Plug (MVP) - Allows you to connect to common 120 or 230 V power receptacles
- Post-flow Air Cooling - Cools the torch and tip after cutting, extending life of replaceable tip and electrode.
- Fan-On-Demand - Runs only when needed reducing dust/debris pulled into unit.
- Wind Tunnel Technology - Prevents abrasive dust and particles from damaging internal components.
- Thermal Overload Protection - Built to withstand tough working environments. Rated for 35% duty cycle at 104° Fahrenheit. Duty cycle will increase as environmental temperature decreases.
- Cable Management Strap - Secures torch, work cable and power cord to make transporting easy and convenient.
Top Customer Reviews
I bought this Hobart anyway out of desperation.
Now I'm back to add my 5 stars in support of this worthy product and I hope others will do the same to help remove the stigma of too few positive reviews. A product needs dozens of positive reviews, in my opinion, before it qualifies for authentic 5 stars.
This Hobart met and exceeded my expectations. My Hobart plasma cutter liberated me from the drudgery and expense of deconstructing a cargo container, and in short order. I say, "short order" because gas torch cutting and steel saw blades were slow and expensive.
The Hobart simply went to work cutting through steel, creating little slag, creating a sure way to handle a very difficult and DANGEROUS task.
If ever you must cut metal from a cargo container, use a plasma cutter.
I recommend this Hobart plasma cutter.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a very nice, made in America little cutting torch but for the price I paid, had I not been in need of the unit and in a hurry, I could have got a different one also made in... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Matt Morton
A compact, light weight unit, perfect for home hobby use. It has the ability to cut 1/2 black iron plate, but it is a slow process. 1/4" material cuts fine. Read morePublished 8 months ago by scott bohlman
Easy set up. 115/230 plug is easy and works great. Have used both currents and no issues.Published 12 months ago by El_Jes
I used it to cut a peace of 16ga.It was such a good cut, right out of the box. Great machine.Published 14 months ago by Richard
This is a great plasma cutter. I haven't tried cutting more than 1/2 inch steel yet but it does a great job so far. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Patrick Willis
unit starts off ok but cuts out alot not an even cuts and does not matter if is on thin metal or not. am trying to trouble shoot problem but not having much luck.Published on June 1, 2014 by Walter Hagedorn