|Item Weight||62.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||27 x 21 x 14 inches|
|Item model number||500551|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Hobart 500551 EZ TIG 165i 230-Volt Inverter-Based AC/DC Welder
|Price:||$1,379.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$270.01 (16%)|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
HOBART EZ-TIG 165i TIG Welder
The EZ-TIG 165i is a complete 230V AC/DC welding package that offers a unique single knob control making it the quickest and easiest AC/DC TIG welder to set up and use. It has superior weld performance from 22 gauge to 3/16 in. (.81 mm to 4.8 mm) in both AC (aluminum) and DC (steel/stainless steel/chromoly).
Easy to Set-up and Use
Just plug it into 230 VAC, connect the shielding gas, select the material and thickness, and you are ready to weld. The EZ-TIG 165i is a light weight inverter-based design that includes two carry handles for easy portability.
What's Included in the Box?
EZ-TIG 165i inverter-based power source with primary cord and plug attached, 12.5 ft (3.8 m) Legacy 17 Weldcraft TIG torch, foot-operated control using the RFCS-RJ45 Remote Foot Control, 12 ft. (3.7 m) work cable with clamp, gas regulator/flowmeter and shielding gas hose, and owners manual.
EZ-TIG 165i Features:
- EZ to use interface with one knob and one switch control
- AC output for superior aluminum welding, DC output for mild and stainless steel
- Fan-On-Demand to only have the fan run when needed reducing dust/debris being pulled into the unit
- Infinite amperage control for broader operating range with finer control
- Inverter-based power source provides a more consistent welding arc while using less power
- Weighs only 50 lb. (23 kg) so it's "EZ" to take anywhere
- HF start to allow for a non-contact arc start to eliminate tungsten and material contamination
- Auto-postflow to provide optimum shielding based on welding amperage without waste or need for adjustment
- Automatic high temperature shutdown
- Remote amperage control using the included foot control (hand control optional)
- Each unit is designed and manufactured in Appleton, WI USA.
- Hobart 5/3/1 Warranty
Top Customer Reviews
Recommended if you want an easy to use, inexpensive machine.
The only downside is that it only comes with a 3/32" collet and collet body. If you're using 1/16", 0.040", or 0.20" electrodes, you'll need to order these separately. But they're inexpensive.
The quality is terrific and hobart support is the best.
Have used on a variety of aircraft 4130 steel and on aluminum and
have no complaints.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
first machine worked great for about 10 minutes total, then popped and smoked then nothing. Amazon being the great company they are, made the exchange process fairly easy and sent... Read morePublished 14 days ago by James P.
I don't give 5-stars often but the easy tig machine delivers-as-promised--simple set up and straight forward operationally. Read morePublished 7 months ago by John Wilson
Nice welder. Just like any new technology you have to practice to get good at it. But as you practice, your work gets better. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Bruce C. Taylor
Great welding machine. Super Smooth Arc with all of the features I was looking for.Published 16 months ago by 808 Lathe Dog
Ordered this welder was rather excited to use it, saw it got pretty good reviews, however upon opening noticed it had a dent on the back of the machine, not to worried about it,... Read morePublished on April 24, 2014 by Ezra Eli Arvizu