Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hobart 770129 Oxy/Acet, Goggle - Flip Front, 50mm Eye Cup Shade 5
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change
Price:$7.69+ Free shipping

I actually purchased these for use as part of a costume. If one had a face that was shaped like a ball and the size of a watermelon, they MAY fit. The cups are sharp-edged semi-soft plastic/vinyl. The left and right edges have some foam padding, the rest do not. Apart from the padded sections, there is about a 1/4" gap between the cups and my face. Unless you really, really cram these on (and that hurts - a lot - sharp plastic digging around your eye sockets) - the gap remains, and the goggles shift. They are also not very dark. I do weld occasionally, and these are nowhere dark enough. All that said, for welding - forget it. For a costume accessory, not too bad.
review image
on December 16, 2015
These guys look awesome. I don't weld; this was for a dinner murder mystery party. I lives wearing them and the look was fantastic. The green shields fold down and add mystery, fold up and complete the crazy look. They held together well for my purposes.
on July 2, 2015
Bought these for a costume for my 4-year-old. When they arrived I noticed a California Prop 65 warning that they contain chemicals, including lead, known to cause cancer, birth defects, etc. Also includes directions to wash hands after use. Can't speak to their utility for welding, and they would make for a cool costume, but I never would have bought them if I had known about the chemicals in them.
review image
on February 5, 2015
Inexpensive, durable enough, they do the work of goggles and they look interesting. They don't fit perfectly on my face, but I have a pretty big face. Again, they do the job, and the plastic, flat, clear lenses are clear, and the plastic dark lenses are very dark. (It is plastic all over.) They are light, but not flimsy at all. HOWEVER...I see no ANSI safety rating, and on the package itself for the goggles, in fine print, it indicates it is made of materials that are deemed carcinogenic under California law. I would think twice before wearing these around intense heat.
on April 20, 2016
Bought it as a gift for someone who has difficulty fitting full face masks on. Bought some extra dark lenses for Arc welding, and we've had one issue with light getting in, but seeing as it was a non-standard use, and seeing how well these little things are put together for how cheap they are, I'm not going to fault the product too much. Should be fine for what it was designed for, and for the Dr Horrible/Steampunk crowd out there, the lenses are removable if you wish to get your hands on some plexiglass or airplane glass and some window tinting to make your custom sunglasses for motorbiking to hipster burning man or taking moms minivan to the nearest nerdicon.
on June 3, 2015
Not perfect, but they do their job and fit over my eyeglasses. The shade 5 lenses are printed with ANSI info- reassuring, as there are unmarked mystery lenses out there that I would not trust my eyesight to. Visibility is good for torch brazing and soldering. I replaced the lenses with shade 11 and use them for stick welding. The nose piece has sharp edges that I carefully smoothed with a razor blade, but when welding I wear a half-mask respirator and these goggles sit on the silicone bridge of that nicely. The sides leave a gap around my temples, allowing indirect light from the arc in that throws reflections on the inside of the lens and makes it hard to see what I'm doing, so I tie a do-rag over the rest of my headgear and then I can weld comfortably for hours. If I need to I can also top it all off with a hard hat, all at a fraction of the price of a combined welding helmet respirator.
on July 21, 2013
These are FANTASTIC for a mad scientist costume. They're very sturdy and the flip-up tinted lenses really make the look. They fit over my prescription eyeglasses easily, which is a huge plus! They get a little bit hot but have venting on them to keep them from fogging up too much. The tinted lenses are very dark - but be warned they are NOT dark enough for viewing solar eclipses. I had a lot of fun wearing these, and they look hilarious on my kids too. Fantastic product.
on June 12, 2014
Cons: The lenses break REALLY EASILY, so be careful when you're handling these. Even a small drop can shatter the protective lenses. If you're cosplaying Dr. Horrible you'll also need to repaint these to match the original costume.

Pros: Other than needing a paint job, these are almost exactly the glasses used in the show, and at this price it would be hard to find a more convenient option for a budget cosplay.
on June 17, 2014
I bought this from my Doctor Horrible Cosplay. It exactly what I need. I did however had to put a piece of foam in it so it rest on my head more comfortably.
on July 9, 2014
Great for my Dr Horrible costume, but be aware that the center is not very comfortable when it's sitting up on your forehead and not on your face. I took a small piece of felt and taped it inside to make it hurt less.