|Item Weight||31.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.2 x 11.5 x 17 inches|
|Item model number||500534|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Hobart Airforce 500534 250ci Light Weight Plasma Cutter with Air Compressor
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Hobart AirForce 250ci lightweight plasma cutter with air compressor, powered by standard household current
- Designed to cut up to 1/4-inch mild steel; uses an electrical arc and compressed air to cut steel, aluminum, and other conductive metals
- Use it for a more precise cut, thinner kerf, and less slag to clean up with faster cuts than oxy fuel
- Includes 16.5-foot heavy duty work clamp, 7 -foot power cord with 115 VAC plug, extra replacement tips, and a convenient cable management strap
- 10-by-7-1/2-by-13-inches at 27-pounds; backed by Hobart limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AirForce 250ci Plasma Cutter with Built-In Air Compressor
Designed to cut up to 1/4 inch mild steel, the AirForce 250ci is powered by standard household current (115 VAC). A built-in air compressor and lightweight inverter power supply make this plasma cutter a very convenient, totally portable cutting system.
Cutting Steel Sheet Metal with the AirForce 250ci
Plasma Cutting Benefits
Cuts faster than an oxy/fuel torch. Provides a more precise cut, with thinner kerf and less slag to clean up. Produces a smaller heat-affected zone for less warping. No gas pressure settings or flame tuning needed. No preheating of metal prior to cutting. No pressurized gas cylinders to transport. No worries about running out of gas on the job. No expense for gas cylinder refills.
Easy to Set-up and Use
The AirForce 250ci comes ready to cut out of the box. No knobs to set or adjust. Just plug-in the unit, ground the workpiece, pull the trigger and cut.
Great for D-I-Y Metalworking Projects
The AirForce 250ci excels at cutting sheet metal and 1/8' mild steel, and can even sever 1/4 inch steel. It is ideal for sheet metal, HVAC, auto body, farm and ranch, and plumbing projects.
What's Included in the Box?
AirForce 250ci with built-in piston-driven air compressor, HP-25 torch with 16.5 ft (5 m) lead and consumables, 16.5 ft (5 m) heavy duty work clamp, 7 ft (2.1 m) power cord with 115 VAC plug, extra consumables, a standoff guide, and owners manual.
- Inverter Design - weighs only 27 lbs.
- Built-in Air Compressor - no additional compressor to purchase or transport.
- Ergonomic Torch
- Powered by 120V, 20 amp Circuit - runs on standard household power.
- Post-flow Air Cooling - cools the torch and tip after cutting, extending life of replaceable tip and electrode.
- Fan-On-Demand - runs only when needed reducing dust/debris pulled into unit.
- Diagnostic Lights - LED lights indicate system status for power, temperature, and torch readiness eliminating unnecessary downtime.
- Thermal Overload Protection - rated for 35% duty cycle at 104° Fahrenheit.
- Cable Management Strap - Secures torch, work cable and power cord to make transporting easy and convenient.
Compare with similar items
Hobart 770496 Contact Tip and Electrode Kit for AirForce 250Ci Plasma Torch, 2-Pack
Hypertherm 088079 Powermax30 XP Building America Edition Hand Plasma System with Case and 15-Feet Lead
PRIMEWELD Premium & Rugged 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter Automatic Dual Voltage 110/220VAC 1/2" Clean Cut Portable
Hypertherm 088096 Powermax 30 AIR Hand System with 15' Lead
Lotos LT5000D Plasma Cutter 50Amps Dual Voltage Compact Metal Cutter 110/220V AC 1/2" Clean Cut
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
The new AirForce 250Ci Plasma Cutter with Built-In Air Compressor features a new lightweight inverter design that is both lightweight and powerful. Built-in compressor for total portability and low system cost. Cuts mild steel up to 1/4in. thick using standard household current. New HP-25 torch is more comfortable, efficient and economical. Plasma cutters cut faster and more precisely with a thinner kerf and less slag than cutting with oxy fuel. A smaller heat-affected zone also causes less warping. And you'll never have gas pressure settings, flame tuning, metal preheating, or gas cylinders or refills to worry about. Plasma Gas Flow/Pressure: Preset w/built-in compressor, Cutting Thickness (in.): Up to 1/4, Duty Cycle: 35% @ 12A, Pilot Arc: Yes, Volts: 115, Cart: No, Clamp Cable Length (ft.): 16.4, Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 7 1/2 x 13 x 10, Amps: 20, Power Cord (ft.): 7
From the Manufacturer
The Airforce 250ci uses an electrical arc and compressed air to cut steel, Aluminum and other conductive metals. Designed to cut up to 1/4-inch Steel by using a standard household current. A built-in air compressor and lightweight inverter power supply make this Plasma Cutter the most convenient, totally portable cutting system available. The Air force 250ci excels at cutting sheet metal and 1/8 in mild steel. Weight of Machine is 27-pounds.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Built-in compressor. Turn on and go.
- Small, lightweight, easy to move around.
- Looooong hoses.
- Mine doesn't have the stiff ground cable somebody else complained about. Don't know if this is a recent change.
- Fairly good resale value.
- Make no mistake, this is a home unit. It will cut 1/4" steel, eventually... If you only cut thick pieces occasionally it will work fine. Clean cuts at 1/8" but still fairly slow.
- Dinky guide, basically a folded thick wire. You will get good at using it but it will take time and in the process you will ruin some metal. If it had a better guide it would cut down the learning curve significantly.
- Cool off period is annoying at first (you hit the trigger by mistake; you have to wait for the gun to finish blowing cool-off air before you can use it again). You get used to it.
- You may not be able to run it on a cheap extension cord. Mine kept going off. Plugging it straight into the wall fixed that.
- Keep the opening end of the dinky guide pointing down (same direction as the hoses) and cut in a pulling motion, keeping the gun parallel with the cut. At first you think in some cuts it would be easier to flip the guide sideways and cut left-to-right. This inserts a new variable that makes accuracy much harder.
-Learn to relax your grip. two-handed, light touch will help you get better at it faster. Practice this with the gun off.
Now the cons, he ground cable isn't very flexible. It seems almost as if it were solid wire instead of stranded. I'm comparing this to my welder's ground cable and it is much more flexible. Another con is that I'm not very good at it so it keeps turning on and off and when it turns off you have to wait for the compressor to refill (3-5sec) before you can start again. Not a huge con but annoying if impatience is a character trait. It does however run rather quiet, I can talk over the sound of the compressor. Other than that I can't really thing of other draw backs. They do come with a 3 year warranty from Hobart, I called hobart up and I talked to one of their repair technitions and he said he barely ever gets plasma cutters in, they mostly get welders that have been on the job site for 10-15 years. So I do agree that hobart is an AWESOME BRAND. So I my point with that is don't be afraid to purchase one used for a couple bucks less. It's worth it! I guess that about wraps it up.
Final Notes: I would recommend this to a friend for medium to light duty cutting. I would not recommend this to a daily use shop. I would suggest a size a bigger than this.
Biggest Con: Ground Cable flexibility
Biggest Pro: Aircompressor built in and uses 115v 20amp circuit.