- File Size: 6430 KB
- Print Length: 235 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1548547298
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (February 15, 2012)
- Publication Date: February 15, 2012
- Sold by: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0079KT81G
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #490 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Price set by seller.
The Hobbit (Lord of the Rings) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Kindle, February 15, 2012||
|$9.99 to buy|
|Length: 235 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $12.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 and up|
|Grade Level: 7 and up|
- Part of the The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
For those who care about such things, the printing is based on the 2004 corrected text, with even further corrections. There are updated introductions/forwards by Wayne G. Hammond & Christina Scull, authors of the authoritative "LOTR Readers Companion," as well as by Douglas A. Anderson, who provides a detailed publication history of the Lord of the Rings. The full appendices are included.
Two-page red and black maps of Middle Earth and of Gondor/Rohan/Mordor adorn the front and back covers, with a map of the Shire before the first chapter. Also present are other essentials such as the Doors of Moria and the Tomb of Balin. The only drawback is that the facsimile pages of the Book of Mazarbul was not included, which I found to be surprising and a bit disappointing Also, the ring inscription and the Gandalf "rune" are printed in black rather than silver and red. Probably the main issue is the clear plastic slipcover, which is barely bigger than the book itself, and it is difficult to slip the book back inside it after taking it out. You are more likely to scuff the corners of the book. That being said, these are far from dealbreakers, and the joy to be received from owning this edition far outweighs these issues.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy