Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on November 5, 2011
Hockey Prospectus 2011-12 is a great book for folks interested in learning what's really behind the success of players and teams in the NHL. The writers are first-rate and bring a ton of insight, clarity and perspective to hockey analysis. I found this edition a strong improvement over the previous year. I appreciated the expanded prospects section as well as having more essays than last year.

Both last year and this year, I found myself wishing for more stats in the player section. Maybe they didn't want to overwhelm the reader but I would've liked to see some of the stats that are described & used throughout the Team summaries in the individual Player summaries. I realize all flavours of GVT tell us the majority of what we need to know, but I kept looking for even strength corsi, Quality of opposition, zone starts, and ESP/60.

Overall, a great read and I highly recommend it.
on November 2, 2011
This book is just as good as the BP that the same company sends out each year. A solidly written well paced introduction to hockey for 2011-12.