Top positive review
8 people found this helpful
Plain, Concise English Usage Guide
on February 25, 2014
This book is a great reference for any writing rules. It has a straightforward, concise definition of each type of punctuation, each part of a sentence, and more. It includes examples for usage of each item within the book. If you are looking for a straightforward guide to how to write in English, this is the book for you. Anyone who can read English will find what they need to know to be able to also write properly in the pages of this book. However, this is not a book to be read from cover-to-cover. This is very strictly a reference book - kind of like a dictionary, except that this book is for every part of writing instead of individual words.
I am rating this book 5 stars for the following reasons:
- It is an imperative tool for writers.
- It contains exactly what you need to know without anything extra.
- The contents are easy to navigate for quick access to what you need at the moment.
- Descriptions and definitions of terms are exact and concise - leaving little room for misunderstanding or error.
- This is a book that I could recommend to anyone looking to write anything from a short essay to a technical paper or novel.