- File Size: 1819 KB
- Print Length: 68 pages
- Publisher: Pottermore from J.K. Rowling (September 6, 2016)
- Publication Date: September 6, 2016
- Sold by: Pottermore
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01JLXETNK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,756 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Price set by seller.
Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Kindle Single) (Pottermore Presents) Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The biggest plus for me is that you can hear JKR's voice so clearly through the entire thing. It's nothing like Cursed Child. This book (and I'm hoping the other two!) just ooze Rowling's writing style, creativity, attention to detail, and love of the wizarding world. This is so refreshing after CC. I cannot wait to read the other two! I will say that some of this information has been available either on Pottermore (which I don't get to that often) or from other interviews, but it's nice to have it all together and on my kindle. My biggest hope for this is that they'll put these into print, either compiled together or with added information so I can add it to my HP collection!
My one complaint about this one is that there is a good amount about all of the characters included except for Professor Trelawney. I REALLY wanted to know more about Professor Trelawney and all that you get is a brief description of her name's history and a vague reason as to why J.K. didn't feel the need to give her such a vivid backstory as the other characters got. I mean, she got about the same amount of attention in this eBook as Silvanus Kettleburn. It's not a major complaint, but for fans of Trelawney like me, it was a bit of a disappointment.
Overall, this is another fantastic Pottermore Presents eBook and I highly recommend it to fans of the Harry Potter series.
I recommend this to anyone a fan of the Harry Potter Series.
I enjoyed reading about so many of the teachers in this book. From the gifted witch, stern professor, lifelong Quidditch enthusiast and occasional tabby cat, Minerva McGonagall. Learning about the study of werewolves also intrigued me. “Professor Marlowe Forfang, undertook the first comprehensive study of their habits. He found that nearly all those he managed to study and question had been wizards before being bitten. He also learned from the werevolves that Muggles ‘taste’ different to wizards and they they are much more likely to die of their wounds, whereas witches and wizards survive to become werewolves.” Lastly I loved this quote “Kettleburn retired to Hogsmeade but was unable, due to his physical infirmities, to take part in the Battle of Hogwarts. Determined to play his part, he clambered into his attic and threw his entire stock of Flobberworms out of the skylight at passing Death Eaters. While this may not have had much effort on the outcome of the battle, it was generally felt to show the right spirit.
I rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Wizards & Witches
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > School & Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Arthurian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Wizards & Witches