- File Size: 5418 KB
- Print Length: 79 pages
- Publisher: Pottermore from J.K. Rowling (September 6, 2016)
- Publication Date: September 6, 2016
- Sold by: Pottermore
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01JLXET7G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,353 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Price set by seller.
Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide (Kindle Single) (Pottermore Presents) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I liked all the information, although most of the information is apparently available on the Pottermore site. What I didn't like is the book felt padded; some pages had only a short paragraph. Still the good far outweighs the bad, in my opinion. I like having all the information gathered up for me.
If you are a fan of Harry Potter and either don't have the inclination to read through the site or just want to have the information easily available, this ebook is for you!
If you were letdown by the rehearsal script for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, this book of short stories, billed as volume 3 in Pottermore Presents will restore your faith in J K Rowling’s mastery of Hogwarts storytelling. Note, however, that at least one reviewer notes that each of these stories is already freely available on the internet. As to myself, I prefer purchasing the published Kindle books. Therefore, I have not read any of these stories before.
Not only is the fictional aspect interesting a fun read, but getting an insight into J K Rowling’s mindset regarding various places and perspectives is always an interesting journey. So tantalizing that I excerpted regarding the setting for the Goblet of Fire competition.
Length: Print, 79 pages.
Q - Target Audience/Genre and is it marketed as Nonfiction or Fiction:
A – Harry Potter Fans and Fantasy.
Q - How was this book obtained?
A – Purchased on Amazon during pre-order stage.
Q - Are there a lot of typos/misspellings, grammatical errors or other editing failures?
A – No.
Q - Is this a fast, easy read or is it more of a leisure read?
A – Super fast, easy read.
Q - What sort of language does this writer use to amplify the points made?
A – Plain English. No profanities.
Q – What age group is this suitable for?
A – All ages, including, in a read aloud fashion, to youngsters with whom you might wish to share your fascination with Harry Potter.
Q - My biggest pleasure or disappointment?
A – Too short. I loved this book.
To give a feel for the editing, and the style and flow of this work, I am posting a brief excerpt below.
‘J.K. Rowling’s thoughts The lake is the setting for the second task that the Triwizard competitors must face in Goblet of Fire, which is also my favourite task. I find it satisfyingly creepy; I like the diversity of the methods employed by the competitors to breathe underwater, and I enjoyed plumbing the depths of a part of the grounds that had never been seen before. In the original draft of Chamber of Secrets, I had Harry and Ron crash into the lake in Mr Weasley’s Ford Anglia, and meet the merpeople there for the first time.
At that time I had a vague notion that the lake might lead to other places, and that the merpeople might play a larger role in the later books than they did, so I thought that Harry ought to be introduced to both at this stage. However…’
Rowling, J.K.. Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide (Kindle Single) (Pottermore Presents) (Kindle Locations 242-248). Pottermore. Kindle Edition.
I hope there is more to come.
Five stars out of five.
Comments regarding your opinion of this book or of my review, whether favorable or unfavorable, are always welcome. If you buy the book based on my review and become disappointed, especially, I do want to know that and I want to understand how I can improve as a book reviewer. Just please be polite.
Pottermore Presents is a collection of J.K. Rowling’s writing: short reads originally featured on pottermore.com These eBooks, with writing curated by Pottermore, will take you beyond the Harry Potter stores as J.K. Rowling reveals her inspiration, intricate details of characters’ lives and surprises from the wizarding world. Hogwarts An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide takes you on a journey to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You’ll venture into the Hogwarts grounds, become better acquainted with its more permanent residents, learn more about lessons and discover secrets of the castle… all at the turn of a page.
I recommend this book to all Harry Potter fans.
This is a wonderful quick read about our favorite place. Here are some things I loved reading about in this book: Neville asked the Sorting Hat to be placed in Hufflepuff he doubted himself but I bet the hat knew along the courage Neville had inside of him. I loved learning how the painting work/ have memories. I found it fascinating that Harry and Ron were originally going to crash the flying car into the lake and meet the mer people. Why this thought never occurred to me I don’t know but I found it funny that wizards “simply relieved themselves wherever they stood, and vanished the evidence” before Hogwarts adopted Muggle plumbing. Sounds gross but the thought of it made me giggle. This book says that the longest period you can travel back to is 5 hours. So I ask J.K. why this is not what happens in the cursed child book.
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Wizards & Witches
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > School & Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Arthurian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Wizards & Witches