Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.49 shipping
+ $3.49 shipping
Hohner Kids HMX3008B Toddler Glockenspiel
|Price:||$16.85 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Unique design protects the bars from falling off or being Removed
- Specially designed child safe mallet for ages 12 months and up
- 8 multi-colored, tuned bars create bright and colorful sounds
- Accurate tuning produces a pleasant sound
- BPA Free, Lead Free, Phthalate Free
- A great way to introduce your little one to music through play
- Enticing to touch and perfect to pitch
- Safety mallet included
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Our baby has enjoyed hearing the glockenspiel and banging on the notes. So have his slightly older friends (aged 11 months to 2 years) and much, much older parents. The notes don't sound tinny and annoying (at least not to me); they sound more like bells. Our baby also thinks the yellow plastic safety mallet is good for teething on. If he isn't left alone with this mallet, I don't worry about him gagging on it. (It's ~7 inches long).
Sometimes when he gets a little shrieky, the only thing the baby can hear above his own voice is the crystal-clear notes of this glockenspiel. He often stops mid-shriek as we gently brush the mallet across the keys, back and forth. The effect is almost as magical when we use our thumbnail instead of the mallet.
To help everyone identify the notes, the keys are color coded and engraved. For example, the "D" key is yellow and has a capital "D" engraved. Above each key is sol-fa syllable stamped into the blue plastic frame. (Just above the dark blue "C" key is "Do"; above the yellow "D" key is "Re", etc.)
Hohner includes a little sheet music with this glockenspiel, for people who can't rattle off one-octave tunes in C major. The four songs provided are "Little Jonathan", "Old MacDonald Had a Farm", "Beethoven's 9th Symphony" and "Jingle Bells". For those who need a little help with reading sheet music, the printed music notes' colors correspond to the colors of the keys on the glockenspiel.Read more ›
The mallet also attaches to the back so you won't lose it. Generally, just a wonderful introduction to music!
UPDATE: Baby's now 13 months old. Still loves this. It has stayed tuned and sounds sweet despite his ever stronger BANGING! Can't imagine the plastic ones doing that. Still have the original mallet put away, but we have wooden blocks that sound just as great when banged against these keys. He bangs so hard sometimes that the pounding leaves color on the xylophone keys, but they're finely balanced and sound just like new.
1. On pitch, just like a real musical instrument, while it's safe for kids.
2. There's a place for the mallet when you turn the xylophone around - it holds it nicely. Also, it comes with a little carrying bag, with velcro and handles on top. Very easy to carry.
3. There's a little music book with 4 songs that's playable on the xylophone - Little Jonathan, Old McDonald Had a Farm, Beethoven's 9th Symphony, and Jingle Bells.
4. Excellent quality. Made in Israel.
5. Bought this for my baby who's 7 months old, clearly too advanced for her (the packaging said for 12mo. and up) but she loves teething on the mallet for now.
Only con I've found so far is that the mallet is plastic, no rubber on it so that when you use it on the xylophone, it's hard to produce a clear, crisp sound.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for a granddaughter's first birthday. She loves it, as does her 3 yr old sister. The sound is very good, with very clear notes. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Julia
This glockenspiel is a great toy. It's very sturdy, and will stand up to This was a gift for my nieces second birthday, and it was a big hit with her. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
I playing with it more than my 10 month old twins. :)). The babies movements are not sharp enough to hold the stick and knock on the keys. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Uyen Nguyen
Got this five years ago for my daugter's first birthday. Still in good shape except for a few cosmetic scratches. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Kirsten
Cute toy. Good quality materials. Actually has a pretty tune to it - I don't mind listening to my toddler daughter bang on it (for a short time!)Published 23 days ago by JESSICA
My grandson loves music so this was a super hit. It's quality and safe for him. Has a nice tone, too.Published 1 month ago by Ricci Black
Solid construction, very bright colors, and really nice tone. Holds the interest of my four month old as she really likes the tones.Published 1 month ago by C.J. S.
Xylophone itself is in tune, compact, and sturdy. The mallet is pretty flimsy, it'd be nice if it were more rigid.Published 1 month ago by Erica