Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Hold On! - Season 1: An Action Thriller Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
An Amazon Book with Buzz: "Punch Me Up to the Gods" by Brian Broome
"One of the most electrifying, powerful, simply spectacular memoirs I—or you— have ever read." —Augusten Burroughs Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
(Renowned US broadcast journalist, and bestselling author of 24/7 and Black Valley)
"You will definitely want to have plenty of allotted reading time before starting this one. It was hard to put down. I was so engrossed in the story that I put off many of my important things to do. Peter Darley does a great job of creating a Romantic Suspense that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat."
Everleigh Phelps - (A Life Through Books)
"I really loved the fact that this novel emulated its book cover. The cover screams thriller, so does the title. This one had a lot to live up to in my opinion and boy did it! Be prepared to go on a thrill ride. There are so many twists and turns and Peter Darley does an amazing job of keeping his reader on the edge of their seat."
Bailey Ember - (Texas Book Nook)
From the Author
The Hold On! Universe is intended as escapism and roller-coaster entertainment, and was originally written with TV in mind. For that reason, they are denoted as 'seasons' and follow the traditional TV serial approach. The core plotlines of each book conclude independently, followed by an introduction to the next storyline in the tradition of the classic 'season finale'.
- ASIN : B00VXTI2FM
- Publication date : April 9, 2015
- Language : English
- File size : 2442 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 344 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1518834418
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #987,277 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. You have the predictable unlikely hero. He was reviled by his peers for his reputation as a hateful killing machine.
2. You get a damsel in distress who with the man who saved her. I found her an unlikable heroine with no depth to her character.
3. When the hero goes AWOL from the military, he steals top secret government stuff that HE invented. He needed the equipment when he went AWOL to save lives.
4. Government-sanctioned murders ensure, which throws the couple together. Somehow, the hero pops up against incredible odds to save the heroine several times in unlikely circumstances.
5. Couple swears their undying love, yada-yada-yada. The author seems to cut and paste the pedestrian "love of my life" BS from one chapter to another. It comes off sounding trite and repetitive. Romance is clearly NOT the author's genre.
6. Bad senator dies / another official will take on the role of super-villain as Dudley Do-Right is jailed for years.
7. Perils-of-Pauline heroine is elated when hero escapes so they might renew their UNDYING LOVE (stifle yawn)
I predict that volume 2 will hint more about the brother this hero with government-induced amnesia didn't know he had. Maybe Mystery Bro will play a part in volume 2 or readers could be teased through volume 3. Who knows or cares? Not me: this fantasy construct failed on so many levels.
The only positive thing I can say about "Hold on!" is that it was well edited as far as grammar and typos are concerned. The content? Not so much.
The title Hold On is uttered when the main characters meet for the first time but it’s good advice for readers as well. Because once this fast-paced thrill ride starts – think the proverbial roller coaster sans safety bar and forget about the brakes – it doesn't slow down.
Darley writes with great passion and heart and I can’t wait for the sequel.
The main character, Brandon Drake, is an enigma. Even he doesn’t know who he is. He is on the run after he discovers a government conspiracy. He needs to keep one step ahead of these government officials in order to stop them.
There is dangerous side to Brandon that surfaces when he is angry or threatened. He becomes an incredible fighting force and a danger to all who threaten him in any way.
He tries in vain to prevent destruction of a large company by the government conspirators but does rescue its corporate secretary, Belinda Reese. Now this thriller introduces a love interest that changes Brandon and shows his softer side.
It was a pleasure to read this thriller without all the foul language or other offensive dialog or actions. This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. I would recommend that anyone who likes a thriller that you can’t put down to look no further. This is it!
Top reviews from other countries
I enjoyed this book and I recommend it to others